New Poster New kinect owner small room

raziel101977

just bought that this evening and it doesn't work for me it seems to make it harder for the kinect to see like it doesn't get enough light or soemthing. And it distorts things to where it wont recognize me. But it does make things seem a bit more roomie but I'm taking it back cause it's just not working for what I need it to do. There just not enough space.

just bought that this evening and it doesn't work for me it seems to make it harder for the kinect to see like it doesn't get enough light or soemthing. And it distorts things to where it wont recognize me. But it does make things seem a bit more roomie but I'm taking it back cause it's just not working for what I need it to do. There just not enough space.

If you dont have 6-8 feet in your room, and the thing you bought doesnt work then you are going to have to move rooms somehow. There isnt really anything else to do.

• 2 weeks later...
Consider checking out the Nyko Zoom. It's supposed to reduce the space needed to play games. However reviews have been very bipolar, either it works and people love it or it doesn't work so they return it. Doesn't seem to be a solid reason behind whether it'll work or not.

Does the Nyko Zoom work well? I've heard a lot of horror stories with it not working right and scratching up the Kinect sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

some love it and say thers no prob but sometimes in i.eDance cental you can see what the connect sees and if there is a tiny spot on the nyko lense it can really distort what the kinect see's it doesn't happen often but thats on of my only horror stories about mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A friend of mine has the Nyko Zoom as he only has a small gaming area (his wife wont allow his console in the living room and he has to play all his games in the spare bedroom *sound of whip cracking* haha).

I have to say from my experience the horror stories are wrong, it really does work very well! He only has a couple of Kinect games up to now as he is a new covert to the hardware but what he does have really works well.

I would definitely consider it for a restricted gaming space.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I find that the kinect zoom works really well for most games, the games that don't work as well just don't work very well in general.

Exactly what i find, i have 5ft of space between the kinect and the edge of the sofa, no chance of moving anything and most games i can play perfectly with the nyko zoom. Had a few issues with zombie game (can't remember its name to hand) another ft of space and it was fine but just not quite enough in my lounge.