Official Bitching Thread

13ip0lar

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post all your grievances here.

I'll start by saying I'm pissed I can't even play. I read in another thread someone was stating the problem with three discs is one might be defective. Guess who's odds were crap. That's right, first disc in and I can't make it past the loading screen. Farthest I got was the intro video. I tried installing the disc but can't even get 1% before seeing, "Can't install, disc may be dirty or scratched". Awesome! I've had discs go 70%+ before getting that, I can't even get 1%. The previous time it was RDR from Blockbuster. Anyways, that's my problem with the game :/

If you made this a purchase return it for another copy...

When the game 1st started, the 1st cut scene buffered & skipped. I was getting upset thinking that I get it at release 12 AM & won't be able to play. But thankfully it hasn't done that since & I love it.

Wish on the replay of cases you could skip the stupid scenes that don't add value, like when you meet your partner. I'm not asking questions so I shouldn't have to do it again.

Sure I'll be back to bitch once I get deeper into the game.

When the game 1st started, the 1st cut scene buffered & skipped. I was getting upset thinking that I get it at release 12 AM & won't be able to play. But thankfully it hasn't done that since & I love it.

Wish on the replay of cases you could skip the stupid scenes that don't add value, like when you meet your partner. I'm not asking questions so I shouldn't have to do it again.

Sure I'll be back to bitch once I get deeper into the game.

Yeah I agree, I was able to get my game to work, so that's not my problem. However, I hate the pointless cutscenes you can't skip over. It's like I'd much rather be playing than watching something that really adds nothing to the game. Honestly I think they just wanna show off their new face capture system. I forget what it's called, but yeah lol.

Oops I just posted this. I hate that you have to shoot people with guns, even if you get the drop on them they turn around and blast you, there's no disarm, no tackle or fight option, so you just have to kill them. I think that's dumb and pretty unrealistic. I know that cops shoot first and ask questions later now but in the 50's I don't think they were so quick to pull a gun.

I would have to say that this game will go down in history It will have the same kinda impact just as Toy Story did as the first animated feature film and the same way Avatar set the bar with its incredible technogy, the face capture system is groundbreaking and will set new standards in video game for the future to come rockstar has a hit sorry.

the face capture system is groundbreaking and will set new standards in video game for the future to come rockstar has a hit sorry.

I don't think that anyone is saying that they don't. The face cap is a revolution, and I'm glad someone finally took the time to flesh out the tech. But this game has flaws, however minor they are people should still voice their opinions. Developers read forums and this is probably the best way to get your ideas through to the devs.

Oops I just posted this. I hate that you have to shoot people with guns, even if you get the drop on them they turn around and blast you, there's no disarm, no tackle or fight option, so you just have to kill them. I think that's dumb and pretty unrealistic. I know that cops shoot first and ask questions later now but in the 50's I don't think they were so quick to pull a gun.

You can tackle them... when you get close enough it will tell you to tap A for a tackle.... also you can shoot a warning shot in the air and they will stop sometimes....

no you cant tackle in certain situations and you are standing right next to them... at least i cant.

I think the only time you can tackle a suspect is if they're running from you. Trying to tackle someone while getting shot full of holes would be seriously stupid.

EDIT: In either case, I don't have a problem with the game per say, since I'm currently installing the discs to my HD. But I have been having a problem redeeming DLC. Mainly the Gamestop one. I put in the code just as it said, and it told me the code was invalid. However, I also have the Chicago Piano Gun code, and that one worked fine. Not sure if the servers are just overloaded from people redeeming their codes, or they put the same code in different copies of the game.

EDIT2: It seems it was the first option. I put the code in again, and now it accepted the code.

Edited by GalaxyRed13

I think the only time you can tackle a suspect is if they're running from you. Trying to tackle someone while getting shot full of holes would be seriously stupid.

EDIT: In either case, I don't have a problem with the game per say, since I'm currently installing the discs to my HD. But I have been having a problem redeeming DLC. Mainly the Gamestop one. I put in the code just as it said, and it told me the code was invalid. However, I also have the Chicago Piano Gun code, and that one worked fine. Not sure if the servers are just overloaded from people redeeming their codes, or they put the same code in different copies of the game.

EDIT2: It seems it was the first option. I put the code in again, and now it accepted the code.

I havent been given the option to tackle someone since the near beginning of the game.

Yes you can tackle people, but only sometimes when you are giving chase, I don't know how to fire a warning shot in the air, maybe someone could tell me how to do that ( I always just hit the left trigger and then right to squeeze off a shot over their shoulder). I don't want to give any spoilers away so lets just say I have gotten behind shooters before and there is no option to do anything other than watch them turn around and put a bullet in your gut.

Yes you can tackle people, but only sometimes when you are giving chase, I don't know how to fire a warning shot in the air, maybe someone could tell me how to do that ( I always just hit the left trigger and then right to squeeze off a shot over their shoulder). I don't want to give any spoilers away so lets just say I have gotten behind shooters before and there is no option to do anything other than watch them turn around and put a bullet in your gut.

If you hold down the shoot button the circle will fill clockwise with a white circle once it is full it will shoot a warning shot..... don't let anything get in the way of your aim or it will pause and not fill up anymore.....

My game really lagged/slowed down at the very beginning, but it was a brief moment and hasn't done it since. I believe another poster mentioned this happening.

Only grievance I have thus far. I did all the patrol missions and just finished the 1st traffic cop mission. It took me roughly an hour to do, because I kept getting interrupted to do all the lil side missions. I did 8 of those, and while those aren't really that fun... its a good break from the cases.

I think cops in the 1940's were alot quicker to shoot first and ask questions later then cops these days suspects get punched in the mouth for saying something wrong today no so much

For people who can't get off a warning shot or tackle, if a suspect shoots first, its means the only way he's leaving is in a body bag, even if he shot and ran.

If you want help with the warning shot, turn the auto aim on to high, it latches on pretty good.

And I had the same problem with the opening and some skipping, perhaps it has something to do with installing the disc? But it's never happened again, so no biggie.

No in car cam for driving = HUGE fail for me. I can NOT drive for shit using follow cam. In car I'm AJ Foyt, follow cam, I'm drunken Chinaman. You back up, and it reverses camera, then when you go forward, it takes forever to swap the camera back around again, and by then, you're running into something. R* dropped the ball here. They still have that utterly useless cinematic cam (really, who uses that?), but no in car? GTA had it, thank G-d. It worked for RDR cause you were on a horse, but for this... I think I'm going to end up getting VERY frustrated with this game if there are a lot of driving pursuit missions.

I haven't had many issues except the rockstar map on social club has different names for some of the landmarks from one of the lists I found and the dots are not always in the right area, sometimes a block or two away.

The funny thing is last night I actually fell through the game. I was going to pick up a film reel "The Big Carnival" and while I was running there I noticed a car and tried to turn around to get in (in case I didn't have it collected). When I turned to get into the drivers side, I went inside the corner of the house it was parked beside and landed in a gray oblivion that killed the game.

I will say that if you are going to work on collections, like landmarks, remember the game does not save on those or cars acquired. I haven't done any gold reels but the badge collection from gamestop will institute a save when you find one. If I've collected anything I always get a badge to make sure it is saved because I quit a game yesterday and lost about 5% of my collections.

Fun game but it does seem like it may be a little on the short side.

I've played for 1hr30min and it says I'm 15% complete. :confused: It that only disk one? Cause, that's only about 8-9hrs of game play. Which is fine, but for 3 disks, I was honestly expecting 12+ at least.

So far it's reminding me more of Mafia 2 than GTA4. Mission, mission, mission, with no chance to just chill and explore without a mission parameter over your head.

Not really complaints... but the driving is REALLY pissing me off.