Deal of the Week thread-Improved 360 edition!

Dustinator

I'd wait before purchasing any of those. Major Nelson hasn't updated his blog to announce the next day's sale has begun, and this is way earlier than the previous days' sales began. On top of that, the lowest discount any of the previous games had was 50% off. I know Bioshock, Tomb Raider, and Gears Judgment were all released this year, but those seem like fairly small discounts for the "ultimate sale."

Yes zero confirmation from any legitimate source but I know for a fact Bioshock yesterday was $59.99, Gears Judgement was $39.99 and Tomb Raider was $29.99 so those were reduced today. Again not sure if this is the final prices but they definitely saw a reduction today.

EDIT: It is now showing on this site as well.

http://xbldb.com/current-deals

Edited by MabusScarab

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the prices are official, damn. I was figuring 50% off would be the minimum discount all the games would be getting, but $20 for Tomb Raider is still better than the $30 I've seen it going for at Amazon, so I'm jumping on that. I'm disappointed that I'm going to have to pass on Bioshock Infinite, but I'm not surprised. The highest price I would've payed for that one was $25 and I had serious doubts that it was going to be anything lower than $30.

Oh well, with the new console coming out at the end of the year I seriously doubt this is the last time we'll have a big Games on Demand sale for the 360. I imagine we'll be seeing plenty of sales over the next few months on both GoD and DLC before the 360 is no longer the current console. (And probably plenty of sales after the One comes out).

So the prices are official, damn. I was figuring 50% off would be the minimum discount all the games would be getting, but $20 for Tomb Raider is still better than the $30 I've seen it going for at Amazon, so I'm jumping on that. I'm disappointed that I'm going to have to pass on Bioshock Infinite, but I'm not surprised. The highest price I would've payed for that one was $25 and I had serious doubts that it was going to be anything lower than $30.

Oh well, with the new console coming out at the end of the year I seriously doubt this is the last time we'll have a big Games on Demand sale for the 360. I imagine we'll be seeing plenty of sales over the next few months on both GoD and DLC before the 360 is no longer the current console. (And probably plenty of sales after the One comes out).

Exactly what i'm thinking, tremendous fire sale once the new console is out. Looking forward to those deals, still a few games out there I wanna play and some that happened this sale that were still a tad too much that will come down at a later date.

Bioshock Infinite $39.99 on Amazon for same price: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/BioShock-Infinite-Xbox-360/dp/B003O6EB70/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1373025100&sr=8-]Amazon.com: BioShock Infinite: Xbox 360: Video Games[/ame]

Also if you missed Far Cry 3 for 20, amazon: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Far-Cry-3-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SYV70/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1373025287&sr=1-1&keywords=farcry+3]Amazon.com: Far Cry 3: Xbox 360: Video Games[/ame]

I believe the Microsoft store should have region free points.

so weird I first bought 400 from the UK retailer game online, and they apparently were us only points (even though game claimed they were uk/eu ones). Then I bought 400 from amazon, and those again were us points. The I took you advice and got some Microsoft store ones, and those finally worked. By the time I got emailed the points though, I had already used by us points to buy the game I wanted as it was already getting dangerously close to midnight.

Hey guys, I recently got Mass Effect 2 & 3 really cheap, and want to know if it's worth picking up Mass Effect 1 in this sale for £4.49 or not? Thanks :) - T0X1C

In short yes. Make sure you play them in order though, for story and boredom purposes. The cheapest you could even find that disk is around $5 on ebay. If it is $5 on the sale, get it!

so weird I first bought 400 from the UK retailer game online, and they apparently were us only points (even though game claimed they were uk/eu ones). Then I bought 400 from amazon, and those again were us points. The I took you advice and got some Microsoft store ones, and those finally worked. By the time I got emailed the points though, I had already used by us points to buy the game I wanted as it was already getting dangerously close to midnight.

GAME does sell EU points but your problem was that the Hungarian MP doesn't accept 400MSP cards, the smallest they take is 800MSP.

Hey guys, I recently got Mass Effect 2 & 3 really cheap, and want to know if it's worth picking up Mass Effect 1 in this sale for £4.49 or not? Thanks :) - T0X1C

BUY BUY BUY!

Best game in the series, opinion of course. ME is my fav game/series this generatin.

I'll agree as well with what you're saying. I have no doubt there will be plenty more games/arcade/dlc that goes on sale before the end of the year and well into the next console generation. Now I just gott get to that backlog!!

I skimmed through but I didn't see anyone mention it - the undewelming final game day sale is good through the 8th

July 5 - July 8 "Games on Demand sale" *open to Silver Members

Games on Demand

Hitman Absolution - 800 MSP (67% off)

Tomb Raider - 1600 MSP (33% off)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown - 1600 msp (50% off)

Gears of War: Judgement - 2400 msp (50% off)

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 2400 msp (40% off)

Bioshock Infinite - 3200 msp (33% off)

EDIT: I also find it super lame that there is no survey to fill out on the XBL rewards page for the month of July. I mean, it's only 20 msp but still. I guess I'd better get to buying TV season passes to qualify for that one rebate / end sarcasm

Edited by Dustinator

A bunch of Rocksmith, Guitar Hero, DJ Hero and Dance 4 DLC on sale.

Battle for LA - 400msp (50% off)

Dishonored - 1600 MSP (33% off)

Dishonored: Void Walker's Aresnal 160 MSP (50% off)

Dishonored: Knife of Dunwall - 400 MSP (50% off) *additional 220 gamescore attainable

Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials - 200 MSP (50% off) *additional 200 gamescore attainable

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: Jetstream - 400 MSP (50% off) *additional 100 gamescore attainable

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: Bladewolf - 280 MSP (50% off) *additional 100 gamescore attainable

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance: Raiden Custom Body - 80 MSP (50% off)

Source: http://xbldb.com/offer-highlights

Edited by Kankui