WC Challenge Help - Sweden v's Brazil

skuff

I hate this game sooo much and at the same time, I just love the challenge.

I bought this game 2 weeks back, and now stuck with the dreaded Swe vs Bra game.

So far, I made it to penalties 3 times, but out of my 5 attempts, the CPU keeper saves about 3 of mine(average)...WTF!

I will never give up, or start another game until I complete this game.

Just very frustrating given the time and challenge at hand, I bet if the timer were set at say 70:00 mins, this wouldn't be so hard, cos scoring goals on that level isn't that difficult anyway.

I just have 2 frustrating factors/thoughts on this challenge:

1. The Brazil subs after about 3-4 mins into the challenge, it takes long to load esp when I'm getting into the game and have to wait for these f*&%#%'s to come on,

2.After u score your first goal, these Brazil players tend to mess around with the ball, esp in their half of the field, passing between wings and making u run around for the ball...

After completing the Aus - Sol game, I've realised, this game also relies on LUCK, so I'm gonna keep trying....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup this challenge is HORRIBLE, I finally beat it about a year ago. Fiddling about with brazil's team really didn't help me so I just gave up doing that in the end. The thing the annoyed me the most was the substitution they made EVERY single time which you can't skip, argggggggggghhhh !!!

For those that can't score - CHIPPING is by far the easiest shot to beat the goal keeper with. Once you perfect chipping you will find it alot easier. Having said that I managed to beat the challenge by scoring from a cross and then scored a lucky cut back goal. :drunk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i done this 2nd time around, in my opinion this was very easy.

i scored with ljungbery on 82" with a square ball for the open goal, the in the 85" i crossed a ball for larsson and it hit the post and come back out, larsson had an open goal. 4-4 so the game went into extra time, 110" larsson header! GOAL! 5-4, SCENARIO COMPLETE!

I had my formation at 4-2-4

• 1 month later...

LMFAO!!!

Are you lot having a laugh?

That was the easiest piece of shite.

Nah I know how bad this game is, so I can understand how god damn ridiculous it is, how lucky you have to be, how messed up the programming is & agree, the coders need to be shot, BUT you can't help but think...

"DO NOT EVER FUCKING COMPLAIN AND WHINE TO DEVELOPERS ABOUT GAMES"...

Remember everyone whined, bitched & took the piss out of EA for having easy 1k achi games back in the day & this game they took the piss purposely, made it look easy 1k with 5 achievements but near impossible to get the last 500g, and now they have proper achi lists in their games (07+).

Anyway I did this one, Swe v Bra first time, no lie.

Played 3-5-2, through ball, messed up Brazil's line up, they kept switching one of the defenders for Edmilson which prolonged the game annoyingly so make sure shit players are in the sub line ups too.

To my luck & advantage, I put Brazil's formation to 3-4-3 and when I threw balled it, one of the defenders took my man clean out and got a straight red, (thats when the sub came in, and you'd think the AI would switch the formation? Nope, they continued with the 343 but instead it made it 2-4-3 XD ).

Making it easier to threw ball and get those vital goals.

First goal came around 85', then with chances looking dim, that red card came I equalised on the next threw ball, then when I thought it would go to extra time I managed another threw ball but could only force a corner, on this corner the header failed but someone followed up, keeper fumbled and then a defender fumbled & my next player dived in to slide kick it into the back of the net. Kick off once again and the whistle went for full time.

Get in. 5-4

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/889/48005475.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5167/22335785.jpg

• 2 months later...

Wow this is hard. Can get 1 goal but after that my players just seem to turn into 6 years olds. Cant pass. Cant shoot. 4-2-4 is working fine. Getting tired of it now this is gotta be the worst football game ive ever player

Edit: HOOORAHHH! 90th minute leveller then got 5-4 in extra time. Decided to use there tactics and just keep the ball at the back til time ran out lol. Scored all my goals using through balls just timing the shot right get close to keeper then place it.

The Soloman Island one was harder IMO but jesus this is also very hard!

Edited by Perfection I

• 3 weeks later...

I completed this the other day.

Preparation: Set Brazil to 3-4-3 with the worst players available. Pick short strikers with poor defence for the backs and as slow as possible (this is tough with Brazil but you want to be able to get the ball off them and win in the air). Set their subs to attacking players also, as poor as possible.

Set Sweden to 3-4-3 with Larsson central, Ibrahimovich and Ljungberg on wings. For some reason, Imbrahimovich is awful in the air. Also pick Kallstrom and Mjallby as they are better than the defaults.

In game: Learn a set passing route to the wing to get a cross from the kick off. I normally run upwards and then pass left to Ibrahimovich, wait for the overlap on the wing and then throughpass for a cross. Time the cross for LT+X onto Larssons head. If you miss, restart, unless it's a corner. You must score by the 85th minute to stand a cat in hells chance.

Second goal I achieved by tackling from the kickoff and then throughballing and then chipping the keeper. Also, if you get a good throughpass to a winger, try cutting across the defender on the diagonal and chip shotting to the far post. Saved my ass a few times. Then onto extra-time. Always try to cross for headers as 1st option, second option is chip shot.

With this formation and Brazil with poor defenders, you should always win long ball clearances and break for a counter attack so don't be afraid to punt it.

Good luck.

• 4 months later...

i cheated by taking off all of brazil's defenders, and then putting ronaldo in defence, tough bit now is to get the ball off, which i did equalising with the last kick of regular time, then with 5 minutes to go in injury time, i score a 38 yard free kick, in which the ball does not fully cross the line, (fcuk it, i took it and never looked back) well i say that but brazil hit the post three times after that,

this is also annoying as at the very first stoppage of p[lay brazil bring on defenders.

• 1 month later...

Finally got this last night, i used tactics from alot ealier in the post, set brazil to 3-4-3 and left Swedens formation as it is i scored in the 82nd minute and again in the 87th minute by doing through balls. took them to extra time and beat the 7-4. 500:gsicon: what a relief that i can now burn this game and send it to hell!!

• 2 months later...

This game is a joke, but don't worry, no skill is required. Just luck as has been mentioned on repeated occasions.

Bra v Swe I got it to extra time on probably my 10th try. Hit the post and bar in the first half. Second I barely got a touch and of course, lost on penalties as you might well expect from a game which cheats you whenever it can.

What makes it worse is the fact there is a glitch which can get you all the achievements for playing just two matches. However, you must have a GS of 0 in this game to carry it out.

I was wondering how 20% of the people on TA had this 500g:Bounce:

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did all the challenges and got the 500g for this horrible game:woop:.I didn't find the Bra vs Swe the most challenging,it was definitely Australia vs Solomon islands.Anyways I digress,in order to do this challenge you should follow the tips in this thread they are really helpful.

What I did was change the whole Brazilian Squad to their weakest players and changed their formation to 3-4-3.I had Sweden playing a 4-3-3 formation to utilise their best players up front.Ljungberg on the left,Ibrahimovich in the middle and Larsson on the right.People say playing the through ball works well,I didn't find that way worked for me.I kept feeding Ljungberg the ball because he is quick enough to get past the right side defender of Brazil and then you can provide a cross for either Ibrahimovich or Larsson to get on the end of it.

Thanks to everyone for posting information,tactics and strategies on this site!It really helped me out loads:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished this with 8 - 5, and what i did was i came actually close to the goalkeeper "Julio César" in my case, and just shot into the gold. And i ended up in Extra Time, and score many goals!

Wauw, this was actually a lot easy in Extra time, just get to Extra time your good to go pretty much.,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Thanks M00n22, this works extremely well.

you definitely need a big portion of luck to do it, but it's doable.

just keep spamming thruballs until you have a 1 on 1 against that god-mode goalie. Then if you run straigt to the goal use the stepover ball. When the angle is sharp I often scored with a lob shot (LT+b).

Thanks, reading about the stepover shot in your post is just what I needed to get Ibrihimovich to punch in the goals.