Dead Space , Come on everyone be honest :D

lxl Horizon

Yes, this made me just, yell, and blanche and feel faint on several occasions.

I never managed to get any on video, unfortunately. My brother-in-law saw one time, though.

I had to pause the game and open the window to get some fresh air to stop me from feeling so faint. ='(

Then again, I get faint pretty easily..

So, I frikken loved this game. Seriously one of my favourite ever. I found it stopped being scary around 5/7 of the way through it, when everything became very predictable.

Still scared me at the very end, though.. *shudders*

Edited by Phenoviral

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were just a few spots that I jumped at. Things as the first Slasher jumping up when you thought it was dead etc. Also, on the first playthrough you get in a room where someone dies and pukes, with an Emergency Suplies thing next to him. I were so sure that he would jump up, that I was shocked when a slasher busted through the vent behind me.

These things have also killed me a few times. In MW2, pressing the right stick makes you knife, a OHK. Off course, this is not a good reaction on Impossible when you open a door to see an enemy jump at you.

I'm on my 2nd run through of the game now working towards maxed out, havn't had any extreme reactions like some but plenty still that's made me jump or just give a brief shout. Most recent example? Coming through the... processing deck on chapter 7. Lights shut off and you hear a necromorph climbing around. I got myself back to the door ready and waiting... then the vent falls on my head and at first I thought it was a necro.

Other thing recently that got me? Goin' through chapter 5 to get the poison made. You're running back to the chem lab and right where you're going through the part where the guy was slamming his head against the wall in chapter 2 the door slams shut right in front of your face.

Anybody else get scared by the same thing more than once? I kept on forgetting- on the last level, when you come back out of this large tube thing, and there's a Brute there waiting for you.

Th first time, I was already in the store and he punched me out of it. The next two times, I went over to the store, then thought 'Hey.. Isn't there something supposed to be here now?' before I turn around and find it right in my face.

Heh. I go into scary games looking to be scared, though. That's part of the whole experience for me.

Sure, I could switch up the brightness and have friends there with me as I play, but the would ruin the atmosphere.

Play alone in your room at night, with the lights off, with nothing covering over the window. Try to get into Isaak's shoes.

The first 5 minutes of the game where you have to run without a weapon terrified me. I loved it. DS was my second 360 game, and I recently replayed it to finish the achievements. I found myself jumping at the same moments, and I forgot all about the cutscene at the very end of the game... Ah! I hope DS2 makes me jump just as much.

That creature is his wife/girlfriend that he keeps seeing throughout the game.

It takes a lot for me to scream out loud, but there were quite a few times where I would start shaking or jump a little. There were even a few times where it stirred up my bowls :o.

SERIOUSLY!!!! that was me i was just so happy to beat the game watched the ending all happily then BAM scared me so bad!...honestly the 2nd time i beat the game for the impossible mode achievement i went to the bathroom during the ending and waited for it to be over only to come back the SECOND she pops up and it happened to be the SECOND i looked up still freaks me out lol

Aw, come on..

You need to go into scary games looking to be scared. That's how you get scared. Works a charm.

But if the game isn't scary you don't get scared.

I haven't also flinched at the game. It is my second run, and at the moment I'm not scared at all. I blame the game of making the enemies too easy to kill. After you have killed a big bunch of enemies, you really have nothing to fear.

Still great game.

But if the game isn't scary you don't get scared.

I haven't also flinched at the game. It is my second run, and at the moment I'm not scared at all. I blame the game of making the enemies too easy to kill. After you have killed a big bunch of enemies, you really have nothing to fear.

Still great game.

They're pretty difficult on Impossible mode.

Have you found any other games scary?

Have you found any other games scary?

F.E.A.R.s very bit scary sometimes when you where on dark small spaces. But the most frightening game I have played were the Project Zeros. I want to play them again, but I allways chicken in the first room. The thing that frightens me in them is that the atmospheare is even better than in Dead Space and you aren't armed to the teeth. Also it doesn't help that I still feel uneasy in dark.

I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)

I think that bit freaked out everyone that played the game. Its the end and the atmosphere is all calm, you have just beat the final boss, isaac is relaxing after having escaped. Its the last thing you expect and its scared the crap out of me. I didnt scream, just got the worst fright of my life. I dont think i screamed out loud or made any loud noise at any point in the game. The first few chapters you are jumpy as hell but after that you harder up and get used to it.

F.E.A.R.s very bit scary sometimes when you where on dark small spaces. But the most frightening game I have played were the Project Zeros. I want to play them again, but I allways chicken in the first room. The thing that frightens me in them is that the atmospheare is even better than in Dead Space and you aren't armed to the teeth. Also it doesn't help that I still feel uneasy in dark.

You were scared by F.E.A.R., and are afraid of the dark, but didn't find Dead Space scary? Are we talking about the same game here?

You were scared by F.E.A.R., and are afraid of the dark, but didn't find Dead Space scary? Are we talking about the same game here?

Yeas we are. F.E.A.R.s had some unnatural enemies. Dead Space has naturals. Unnatural is scarier than natural.

Still don't take my word literally. F.E.A.R. isn't a scary game, but it had few places that I felt fear (School basement in the second game was pretty horrid.) Also F.E.A.R. has first person, which means that you don't have as much visibility as in 3rd person. Things that you can't see equal horror.

I jumped at the end when Isaac turns around and that creature screams and leaps at him. I didn't scream, but it freaked me out. (especially at 3 in the morning.)

this! I also beat the game very early in the morning at 1 or 2 and my friend had already told me the ending (the dick...) and It still made me jump like hell!