Easy rare box method after tu2

dkykong

ok so if u are like me and u have reupped quite a few times but have used up all your rare boxes for stupid xp, and as a result are still missing the gold skin for the required weapons needed for the "golden artifact" achievement, then your in luck. Im on my gold rank and rare boxes take forever to achieve now so i was messing around last night and stumbled across a method that allowed me to earn epic/rare/normal boxes MUCH faster.

1) Delete your GOW:J player data from your HDD then disconnect from your internet so u can play offline. If u did it correctly once u start up GOW:J your rank will now be reset to level 1, but dont worry u can revert back once u reconnect back online later.

2) Now that you're level 1 all boxes will be much faster to attain. So what u wanna do now is to play campaign and earn as many ribbons as u can to attain rare boxes. I suggest last act, section 4 or 5 im not sure, the one where u can use the trip wire crossbow to rack up trip wire ribbons easily. While going for the ribbons u will be racking up on kills and experience which will go towards normal/epic boxes. When i was doing this last night i probably was able to net around 25-30 ribbons a playthrough. Trick is to get as many ribbons as possible with the tripwire crossbow and then the rest of the enemies try to bag and tag them with frags. Each enemy u kill with a bag and tag awards u with a ribbon so it really adds to your ribbon count.

3) Once u have earned as many epic/rare/normal boxes as u want finish the section and exit to main menu. Check to see all boxes u have earned, now just go back to your dashboard and reconnect to internet and boot up GOW:J as normal. Once u enter the main menu u should be reverted back to your old rank with everything else such as ribbons/medals intact. But now u will have some boxes that will reward u with skins only due to the TU2 patch. If u still dont have enough boxes for the golden skins just repeat from step 1.

Sorry for not posting a video of my method for im not really good at the whole techno stuff lol. I just hope i was thorough enough and if u have any questions just msg me via xbox live GT: dkykong. Also im looking to boost the new dlc chieves now that i have the required gold skins.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what u mean. Funny how i was actually trying to reset my stats so it would become much easier to earn the boxes. But everytime i reconnected to the internet my stats would come back but then i realized the boxes i earned from restting my stats offline were still with me when i reconnected. So in the end it was a win/win scenario for me. But i do understand why u wouldnt want to try this method first without confirmation. Wish i was more familar with posting videos and such.

ok so if u are like me and u have reupped quite a few times but have used up all your rare boxes for stupid xp, and as a result are still missing the gold skin for the required weapons needed for the "golden artifact" achievement, then your in luck. Im on my gold rank and rare boxes take forever to achieve now so i was messing around last night and stumbled across a method that allowed me to earn epic/rare/normal boxes MUCH faster.

1) Delete your GOW:J player data from your HDD then disconnect from your internet so u can play offline. If u did it correctly once u start up GOW:J your rank will now be reset to level 1, but dont worry u can revert back once u reconnect back online later.

2) Now that you're level 1 all boxes will be much faster to attain. So what u wanna do now is to play campaign and earn as many ribbons as u can to attain rare boxes. I suggest last act, section 4 or 5 im not sure, the one where u can use the trip wire crossbow to rack up trip wire ribbons easily. While going for the ribbons u will be racking up on kills and experience which will go towards normal/epic boxes. When i was doing this last night i probably was able to net around 25-30 ribbons a playthrough. Trick is to get as many ribbons as possible with the tripwire crossbow and then the rest of the enemies try to bag and tag them with frags. Each enemy u kill with a bag and tag awards u with a ribbon so it really adds to your ribbon count.

3) Once u have earned as many epic/rare/normal boxes as u want finish the section and exit to main menu. Check to see all boxes u have earned, now just go back to your dashboard and reconnect to internet and boot up GOW:J as normal. Once u enter the main menu u should be reverted back to your old rank with everything else such as ribbons/medals intact. But now u will have some boxes that will reward u with skins only due to the TU2 patch. If u still dont have enough boxes for the golden skins just repeat from step 1.

Sorry for not posting a video of my method for im not really good at the whole techno stuff lol. I just hope i was thorough enough and if u have any questions just msg me via xbox live GT: dkykong. Also im looking to boost the new dlc chieves now that i have the required gold skins.

If you delete your player data before going offline how exactly do you just get it back?

Or is the player data saved on the servers?

Edited by Josh Brown
Question

I do not see that written in any of the steps. A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

Thanks captain fucking obvious. I was just double checking. Sometimes people forget to type things. Instead of being a useless prick, try being helpful.

The OP also said to play offline. You know one way to play offline? Clear your cache and refuse the update.

Edited by xhunterrrr

That's captain fucking obvious. I was just double checking. Sometimes people forget to type things. Instead of being a useless prick, try being helpful.

The OP also said to play offline. You know one way to play offline? Clear your cache and refuse the update.

Mate don't worry about him, he's just sulking because you dissed his big golden artefact "tip " for goldenartifact cheevo lol

Edited by Sonic Riptide

Apparently, you cannot read or write sentences. It must hurt having to edit every single post to add the words your brain couldn't process the first time. Instead of posting 5,000 times on this website, you should have tried for your GED or something. Now, you are a lost cause. Have a nice life!

Silly, silly child. I have a BA in biology (from a top-rated private college, nonetheless) and am currently working on my BSN.

This is actually spot on. I noticed he tried to be a smart guy in one thread and then showed he was an idiot in another. Simple really.

I was a smart guy there and asked a logical question here. As I said in an earlier post here:

Thought you were done with me? More people graduate out of Colleges of Science and Technology with Biology degrees than all other Science majors combined. I don't think I have to explain to you why. If you have to spend time explaining why you aren't an idiot, I don't know what to tell you. I am sorry I struck a chord.

I'll just leave this tidbit of information: I graduated with honors from Carleton College. Look it up.

But this is completely derailing this topic. So, I apologize to the OP.

Oh, and yes, you can clear your cache to play offline for this method. It doesn't affect it.

Anyways ot nice find. This will hopefully allow me to get my gnasher gold skin a lot easier. I think ill move my player data to a jump drive over deleting it due to the history of resets thanks to Epic.

That's what I did. Just in case something goes wrong, I have a copy of my player data.

I'll just leave this tidbit of information: I graduated with honors from Carleton College. Look it up.

But this is completely derailing this topic. So, I apologize to the OP.

Oh, and yes, you can clear your cache to play offline for this method. It doesn't affect it.

Have you been successful with this method then hunterr? I'm just about to try myself.

Have you been successful with this method then hunterr? I'm just about to try myself.

Well, I moved JUST my player data to a USB drive, cleared my cache, and then proceeded to earn some ribbons/prizeboxes. I am about to re-instate my full player data to see what happens.

Just a note, LEAVE your campaign data alone. That way, you can access any act and chapter of the campaign you have previously completed.

EDIT: Re-installed the TU and opened my boxes. Worked wonderfully! Got my gold Gnasher from this, so all I have left is the gold player skin.

Edited by xhunterrrr

Well, I moved JUST my player data to a USB drive, cleared my cache, and then proceeded to earn some ribbons/prizeboxes. I am about to re-instate my full player data to see what happens.

Just a note, LEAVE your campaign data alone. That way, you can access any act and chapter of the campaign you have previously completed.

EDIT: Re-installed the TU and opened my boxes. Worked wonderfully! Got my gold Gnasher from this, so all I have left is the gold player skin.

Great!! Thanks again to the op for the find.

LOL. I'm not even from Maine. And Philly apparently teaches people how to be douche bags.

Done with you.

Calm down I'm not a douche bag. I don't think ur a douche either. You guys have to calm the FUCK DOWN YOUR ACTING LIKE 4 YEAR OLDS. AS FOR GOTDEMTHANGZ QUIT BEING A TROLL for Christ sake. Cheers,:drunk.