HE Bolt

WeemanNewYork

"Standard bolts are the starting ammunition type. The three non-standard bolts are unlocked via assignments. Change fire rate (default V on PC, ↓ on consoles) switches between the bolt types."

I'm guessing pressing :ddown: mid-game is how you do it...?

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/XBOW

I just test it and it worked. Thank

can you have all types on you at once then?

Yes you can.. when you have the xbow equipped and are pressing down on the D-pad there are 4 icons next to your ammo count.. each one represents a different bolt.. the normal bolt icon is just a small circle.. the 2nd bolt is either the scan bolt (which looks like a cylinder with a flat top) or the BA bolt which has red feathers on the back end.. the HE bolt is a fatter pointed tip.. looks like one Rambo would use, it is definitely the 3rd icon down.

it would be nice to set a loadout for the xbow, but having all tips available with the click of a button is convenient, although the loading is slow

Now after a bit of time I'm actually finding it really annoying that you can select the bolt type on the go, this way I keep accidentally switching to the scan bolt below standard and using that against enemies which does like 20% damage piss take. I'm having to keep checking my bolt type selected after each spawn to make sure standard is selected. :p

Yes you can, which makes changing through them to equip the bolt you want a hassle. I would rather choose the bolt in the loadout screen, but once you unlock a bolt it is always there I am pretty sure.

Now after a bit of time I'm actually finding it really annoying that you can select the bolt type on the go, this way I keep accidentally switching to the scan bolt below standard and using that against enemies which does like 20% damage piss take. I'm having to keep checking my bolt type selected after each spawn to make sure standard is selected. :p

Whatever bolt you had selected when you died is the one you start with when you spawn back in.

It is annoying to not be able to default to a bolt type on the setup screen, but truly being able to switch up on the fly has saved my bacon a couple times and I really like it.

It's just annoying having to CYCLE through them. I tried pressing UP on the D-Pad and it didn't change, only DOWN.

Since UP turns the TAC/Red Dot lights on and off.... and since the crossbow does not have either, it would be nice to be able to use UP to move through the bolt types. If you are using the Scan bolt it would be nice to not have to cycle through the other bolts to get back to the standard tip.

Whatever bolt you had selected when you died is the one you start with when you spawn back in.

It is annoying to not be able to default to a bolt type on the setup screen, but truly being able to switch up on the fly has saved my bacon a couple times and I really like it.

It's just annoying having to CYCLE through them. I tried pressing UP on the D-Pad and it didn't change, only DOWN.

Since UP turns the TAC/Red Dot lights on and off.... and since the crossbow does not have either, it would be nice to be able to use UP to move through the bolt types. If you are using the Scan bolt it would be nice to not have to cycle through the other bolts to get back to the standard tip.

Exactly, cycling through bolt types has got me killed a good few times, and I really don't see the point of Scan..you need likr 4 headshots with it to get a kill lol fuck spotting lousy 10 metres.

Exactly, cycling through bolt types has got me killed a good few times, and I really don't see the point of Scan..you need likr 4 headshots with it to get a kill lol fuck spotting lousy 10 metres.

Its useful for when you're heading for an enemy held flag, just fire it into a building to see if there are enemies hiding there so they dont get the drop on you.

Its useful for when you're heading for an enemy held flag, just fire it into a building to see if there are enemies hiding there so they dont get the drop on you.

Yeah I guess it would help round a small corner or building near an objective, but I doubt people would change bolts just to do that. A Recon player would automatically place a TUG near by through habit I'd suspect.