X360A World Championship

daenius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wheel is still not fixed, so will be racing with my controller tonight. Damn it, absolutely hate racing with the controller...

EDIT: The problem with it is that when im going on a straight I can keep the wheel straight, however the car in-game will weave everywhere and I have very little control. It also keeps disconnecting even when power supply is connected.

Edited by x13radx

Great race today guys;

I seemed to get a decent start and lead from start to finish. I put in a shift of extremely fast laps between laps 20-30 where I was setting my fastest laps;

My best was 1:36.500 or so I believe, maybe a bit faster, I dont remember exactly. Just glad I lapped everyone on track at least once. :D

Yeah, great race. I think i'll learn all the tracks now without the braking line so Brad doesn't have so much of a chance of escaping me like he did today again. I maintain that Brad is the better player due to the fact he doesnt use it. I think it was the same for everyone today, that the race line vanished. Lost so much time in the first 20 laps as a result. It wasn't until lap 23 that i put a time in close to what Brad was doing. I concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted :D Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China :)

Yeah, great race. I think i'll learn all the tracks now without the braking line so Brad doesn't have so much of a chance of escaping me like he did today again. I maintain that Brad is the better player due to the fact he doesnt use it. I think it was the same for everyone today, that the race line vanished. Lost so much time in the first 20 laps as a result. It wasn't until lap 23 that i put a time in close to what Brad was doing. I concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted :D Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China :)

Yeah, once I realised I had the win in the bag, I set my engine to Cruise and just took it comfortably round the track. Like Noddee said that he was getting away from me, it was only because I had slowed myself down as I almost smashed out half-way through.

YI concluded that my race was thus with Daenius for 3rd, which much to his annoyance i took while he pitted :D Also a little irritating that we couldn't finish our last lap as i would have been able to grab a cheeky 2nd at the expense of Noddee haha. Oh well, on to China :)

I was quite annoyed, yes :)

like I said, I started the race on primes and took a lot of time off you - and just when I pitted in lap 32 and was getting ready to put on the options it started raining and I had to switch to intermediates, which caused me quite some trouble - I was spinning like a mofo...

good race, and soon - maybe not in china - but soon, my friend, I will beat you... I think I'm going to make this my objective for the season haha :D

I actually think that was my best drive yet. Even though I only finished 7th.

By lap 5 I had been lapped twice by everyone, due to my racing line not being there I crashed off twice at the hairpin and lost my front wing.

From then on, it was just a matter of keeping the car on the track for the rest of the race as due to the times I could tell Crazy Biggaz was making mistakes a plenty.

I was posting consistent 1:46 times, which for me, without a racing line and on primes the whole race, was probably a good time. I was catching at what I'd think was 4-5 seconds per lap.

With about 15 laps left(I think) rain started to fall, but only gently. It started just as Daenius entered the pits and he switched to Intermediate tyres on the way down but this was eventually his downfall as the rain was very light, and didn't effect anyone until the last 2-3 laps.

By the end I had gotten my 2 laps back, and was only half the start/finish straight behind biggaz, however Brad, having lapped people went over the line before I got there and caused the race to end when we all got to the finish line.

Had the race gone on 1 lap longer, everything would've been different. Noddee had a puncture and had passed the pit lane, but struggled over the finish line. With the track wet at that point and with Pined and Daenius on Intermediates, they would surely have overtaken him. I would probably have overtaken Biggaz too. But it wasn't to be :(

Was a good race though, very tense in the last 2 laps or so!

Race and championship info updated in the first post.

Just to be sure:

abspur, MytH and Hitman (substitute Slowinfastout) will all be awarded 4pts because of connection issues.

Mr Dizzle and derektaylor didn't get any points because we couldn't find replacements for them (sorry guys).

I'm really hoping everybody can race next weekend, don't forget to post your preferred day.

Here's a pic of the final results (sorry about it being cropped, I didn't pay attention):

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6914/x360agpweek3.jpg

Missing at the bottom are abspur and Hitman's sub, Slowinfastout, who, as mentioned before, were also disqualified.

Edited by daenius

The race from my perspective:

Well, I was "fortunate" enough to have the qualifying time glitch on me, which put me into second, behind abspur x360a (who also had the time glitch). Would have preferred to start from the back truth be told, because I knew I wouldn't have the pace on this track. Also, first turn is scary at the front!

Anyway, the race begins, abspur and I get around the first turn alright. However, it doesn't take long for Brad to get in front. I only see him two times after this, when he is lapping me. lol. Coming up to the hairpin, Noddee is on my outside, I try to leave him space, but do not account for the extra weight of the car and give him a slight tap. Sorry! In second, but struggling with the car, Noddee quickly gets back into the action and overtakes me.

Next lap, back to the hairpin again. I make the same mistake and go off. Daenius overtakes. From here, we have a nice little battle for the next couple of laps, before Daenius has a spin. Now it's his turn to chase me. We have another tussle for 3 or 4 laps, though this time he comes out victorious. I end up in the gravel and both Daenius and Pined overtake me.

Pined was driving erratically to begin with, due to the lack of a racing line. Which meant I could actually keep up with him! The three of us (Pined, Daenius and I) were fighting amongst ourselves, with Brad and Noddee miles ahead. The next few laps remain close. I finally get past Pined when he loses traction on the turn up the hill. Unfortunately, a couple of turns later, my hard work is undone. In the gravel!

I slowly begin to track down Pined again. My race however, is about to be turned on its head. Rounding the second last corner, my front left tyre blows out. I was pushing too hard I guess. I amble to the pits, losing a lot of time. It is lap 15, my race strategy is out the window, I'm stuck in 5th. I remain in 5th for the rest of the race. It is quite an uneventful 30 odd laps, as most of the time I am alone. The top 4 occasionally pass by, lapping me.

I didn't really see LFC or Crazy BigGaz, though (by his commentary) LFC was fighting tooth and nail to catch Crazy BigGaz. abspur, Myth and Slowinfastout all have connection issues and are disconnected from the race. A shame, as it could have been very interesting had those 3 remained.

End of Race Summary.

Considering this is one of my worst tracks to race on, I am quite pleased with the result. Hopefully I can be more competitive in next weeks race.

Thanks for the race everyone. No real incidents, which is always good. Especially when full damage is enabled... Think I'll set my alarm next time, rather than stay up, as I am totally dead now. Going to have a major sleep in.

Edited by Shelton

I have a question to ask ...

Can we get rid of this silly subbing thing ?

I dont mind other people being in the race when the regulars cant make it, but i really dislike that someone who gets Disqualified takes my place everytime. I have done one race where i came 4th and got 12 points ( which is not bad ), i havnt raced in the last 2 weekends because of work :( and the people that have taken my place have got DQ'd or DNF'd.

I would much prefer it that the championship standings said the true results which is ... o H i T M a N z , 12 points , (1). The (1) showing i have only raced once. Rather than what the standings currently show, me having picked up 16 points from 3 races, 2 of which i have not done.

Then the guys that have subbed me can just be added to the bottom of the standings in a similar fashion ... e.g. ( their name ) 0 points, (1)

Does everyone understand what i mean ?

I have a question to ask ...

Can we get rid of this silly subbing thing ?

I dont mind other people being in the race when the regulars cant make it, but i really dislike that someone who gets Disqualified takes my place everytime. I have done one race where i came 4th and got 12 points ( which is not bad ), i havnt raced in the last 2 weekends because of work :( and the people that have taken my place have got DQ'd or DNF'd.

well, it's not like I am deliberately searching for quitters or people with connection problems to assign to you.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you the last 2 weeks and it sucks that you had to work these 2 days, but there's really nothing more we can do than search for replacements and sub them in randomly.

Dizzle and derektaylor didn't get any points this week because we couldn't find replacements for them, so I think 4pts for you, even if your sub got disconnected, is more than fair. In fact, Noddee found your sub about 15 minutes before the race started.

If I would have assigned your substitute to Dizzle or derek's spot, I guess you would have complained about not getting any points at all or not having a substitute race for you?

I'm really sorry for you, man, but please know that it's a pain in the ass finding 2-3 replacements every week for people that can't make a race - I'm doing the best I can.

I would much prefer it that the championship standings said the true results which is ... o H i T M a N z , 12 points , (1). The (1) showing i have only raced once. Rather than what the standings currently show, me having picked up 16 points from 3 races, 2 of which i have not done.

Then the guys that have subbed me can just be added to the bottom of the standings in a similar fashion ... e.g. ( their name ) 0 points, (1)

Does everyone understand what i mean ?

I do understand what you mean, although I think that it would make things far too complicated and unnecessary.

If every one of us regulars has a substitute once during the season, we will have 12 people listed below us, and like I said, that's only if each racer has ONE substitute during the season.

Additionally, I think it's a bit unfair to every regular who has a substitute that is actually a pretty decent racer and picks up a nice batch of points for him.

If everybody thinks it's a good idea, I have no problem incorporating it, though.

Maybe we can talk about a solution involving default points for people who can't make it to a race, meaning if somebody can't make it and sends me a notice, he gets 1-2 points for the race, even if he didn't participate - if I don't get a message until one day before the race, the driver doesn't get any points.

EDIT: About the notice - it would be great if we could set up a "rule" that every regular lets us know if he can race the following week or not one day after the last race. That way, we have more time searching for replacements and making adjustments.

What I don't understand is:

Why are you complaining about actually having 4 points more than you would have if we started listing how many races each person has participated in and how many points he/she has picked up?

Edited by daenius

All i ask is that it can be like the real thing?

e.g when Massa got smashed in the face last year by that massive object, his replacements Luca Badoer & Fisichello didnt earn points for him, they raced for themselves.

this year when chandhock was replaced by Yamamoto, he raced for himself, he doesnt pick up points for the drivers they replace

No i dont care who replaces me, i dont want a guy who dnf's or a guy who wins, i want to be by myself and i dont want other people earning points for me. its not at all complicated, in fact its easier, i dont show up i get 0, simples.

You're forgetting one thing: it's not only about you!!!!!!

We're 12 people and each and every one of us has his own idea of how this thing should work and each and every one of us has to compromise for this thing to work.

You think it's not pissing me off that sometimes I'm getting cancellations 1 hour before the race starts? Or having to wait until 2 days before the race to finally get in everybody's preferred day?

It seems like you are not willing at all to compromise, we can't just make this change to the substitution system because YOU are happier with it, we have to ask everybody for their opinion and THEN compromise and come up with a solution that works for everybody.

I will send out a message to everybody tonight, as soon as I have enough feedback, we will talk about it, I promise you that, ok?

If you want other people to race thats FINE

If you want them to fill the spaces thats FINE

I couldnt care less whether the guy wins or loses, but what i do care about is you adding other peoples points onto MY tally.

I really do not understand it, and its really stupid idea

Ok, I think we're getting our wires crossed here.

Please let me explain:

I am trying to come up with a solution that fits for EVERYBODY and not just for you. I wasn't trying to accuse you of being selfish, but I just want you to understand that it's about ALL of us, not just about what ONE of us wants.

Stupid idea or not - everybody has a right to vote on whether this should be our new way to go or not and that's exactly what I am doing.

If more people are pro your solution - your solution will be the one we will be using from now on (no subs, no points for no participation).

If more people are con you solution - we will be using the same substitution system we have used before or try to work towards another solution (like I mentioned earlier, maybe awarding 2 points for each person who didn't race by default).

Unless of course you DON'T CARE about other regulars getting points off their subs, e.g. both you and I have to miss a race, you get 0 points and I have a substitute that wins the race and I get 25 points.

If that's what you want, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige.

As i have said before, if i miss a race i want 0 points, i wouldnt want the 25 if my sub happened to win.

All i ask is that the standings show me with 12 points from 1 race, which is all i have done right ?

But if someone else doesnt agree, doesnt bother me, if for example Noddee misses a race he can have a sub if he wants and he can have the points his sub gets, i just dont want to be earning points that i dont deserve.

As i have said before, if i miss a race i want 0 points, i wouldnt want the 25 if my sub happened to win.

All i ask is that the standings show me with 12 points from 1 race, which is all i have done right ?

But if someone else doesnt agree, doesnt bother me, if for example Noddee misses a race he can have a sub if he wants and he can have the points his sub gets, i just dont want to be earning points that i dont deserve.

That's all I wanted to know, and quite frankly, care about - although I do think that, if we have more votes for keeping the sub system, it's quite unfair to you, but ok.

I just don't want it to be unfair for everybody else - that was my concern.

I'll update your points to 12.