Review-'Co-op Served to Perfection'--4.5/5

Man, I can't stop laughing... co-op... served to perfection... what are they smoking?

Has no-one played the other Ao2's? This is not Ao2, this is a shell of a game which loses the lefty flip, the ability to scope or not, the co-op aggro/stealth overkill... This game is a shadow of Ao2... and if released under any other name would be called out as such.

Salem and Rios look like crap compared to the old them... seriously... for example Rios was a badass (but a softie too), and looked the part (and if you say "yeah but he's older", I'll say "And probably killed the guy who gave him that nose job.").

This game is NOT Army of TWO, it's a shell... you can claim "co-op served to perfection"... but all I'll say is I preferred my bots in Gears of War Judgment to the one in this.

Play Army of TWO: The 40th Day if you don't believe me. The multiplayer SUCKS, that is true... but I played through the campaign with people and solo I don't know how many times. It was how I expected Ao2 here would be... it is not... Ao2 here is bland, attempting to gain more fans from games such as Call of Duty, and Battlefield...

FINAL WORD;

You want Ao2, go buy The 40th Day

Man, I can't stop laughing... co-op... served to perfection... what are they smoking?

Has no-one played the other Ao2's? This is not Ao2, this is a shell of a game which loses the lefty flip, the ability to scope or not, the co-op aggro/stealth overkill... This game is a shadow of Ao2... and if released under any other name would be called out as such.

Salem and Rios look like crap compared to the old them... seriously... for example Rios was a badass (but a softie too), and looked the part (and if you say "yeah but he's older", I'll say "And probably killed the guy who gave him that nose job.").

This game is NOT Army of TWO, it's a shell... you can claim "co-op served to perfection"... but all I'll say is I preferred my bots in Gears of War Judgment to the one in this.

Play Army of TWO: The 40th Day if you don't believe me. The multiplayer SUCKS, that is true... but I played through the campaign with people and solo I don't know how many times. It was how I expected Ao2 here would be... it is not... Ao2 here is bland, attempting to gain more fans from games such as Call of Duty, and Battlefield...

FINAL WORD;

Calm down troll. Calm down.

Most of what you wrote I do not agree with, but the look of Salem and Rios was fucked up.

Rios looked like a wimp this time around, and Salem just didn't work for me.

I'm glad we got to play as Alpha and Bravo because how Rios looked would have pissed me off bigtime. Loved playing as Rios in the previous AoT...

They should have given A and B better names though :p

Gameplay is what matters, and the game was fun as hell :)

7/10 if you ask me, and I hated the lack of story and still I had a great time. Started an Insane run, but gonna let the game get some rest and finish it in the next weeks. Bioshock needs some love too :drunk

Calm down troll. Calm down.

its hard for trolls to calm down when something gets their troll dander up..

Maybe you should look at yourselves... I'm a troll for stating that the game loses out most of its charm in gameplay in favour of something more generic.

Think about the game if you remove the AI bot or your team partner, how would most of the game actually change? No revives, and no waiting on breaching. Overall, not much... in comparison the old army of two's it'd be a completely different game.

In old Army of Two there was visual hint when in high-aggro and low-aggro, there was tough decisions to make and bounty-contracts to complete. These elements wasn't in new game, what was biggest setback in my opinion. Killing fast and killing more just isn't enough to be main feature, and levels could be more interesting than narrow tunnels through warehouses and slums.

If you liked old Army a lot, maybe its just best to pass this one and remember series as it was, in old good times. For anyone else, this is generic arcade shooter, even so great fun to play with friend.

• 2 weeks later...

FINAL WORD;

I support this as well. It really was just a skin of Ao2, and the gameplay seems rather simplistic now. I just finished it, and what an awful ending. Totally cheesy and I saw it coming from the beginning, especially your "enemy". I'm pretty dissappointed myself.

Edit: I think the achievement title "Look mom, I made it!" speaks for itself.

Edited by DMichaels86

Fucking awful AWFUL review. This game deserved a lot higher score than that even if he didn't like it.

I've got to be honest, the fact you think this game is better than Bioshock Infinite renders your opinion null and void. Truth bomb.

This game is dire compared to its two predecessors never mind anything else.

Fucking awful AWFUL review. This game deserved a lot higher score than that even if he didn't like it.

I agree with you. It deserves a way higher score. I actually like this better than the 40th day. And it's way cooler to see more than just Rios and Salem, you've got other characters too who work with them, which makes it way better during the story.

I agree with you. It deserves a way higher score. I actually like this better than the 40th day. And it's way cooler to see more than just Rios and Salem, you've got other characters too who work with them, which makes it way better during the story.

And they are such interesting characters with lots to say... BOOM BOOM. Dead. I thought it would be interesting to be a whole organization, until every one you meet gets killed 20 seconds later. T.W.O. could've been cool, but they weren't truly in the game. Just a dynamic duo killing everything in sight.

And they are such interesting characters with lots to say... BOOM BOOM. Dead. I thought it would be interesting to be a whole organization, until every one you meet gets killed 20 seconds later. T.W.O. could've been cool, but they weren't truly in the game. Just a dynamic duo killing everything in sight.

20 seconds more then any of the previous games lol...

I've got to be honest, the fact you think this game is better than Bioshock Infinite renders your opinion null and void. Truth bomb.

This game is dire compared to its two predecessors never mind anything else.

Duuuuuuude, did you play it for more than 10 minutes? lol. It was one of the better co op games I have played in quite a while. Felt like a decent action movie but in video game format. I really liked the first Ao2, 2nd one was ok but I got the most enjoyment out of this one. Not exactly enough content there to keep me playing for more than 2 playthrough's but aside from that it was a pretty solid co op game.

Duuuuuuude, did you play it for more than 10 minutes? lol. It was one of the better co op games I have played in quite a while. Felt like a decent action movie but in video game format. I really liked the first Ao2, 2nd one was ok but I got the most enjoyment out of this one. Not exactly enough content there to keep me playing for more than 2 playthrough's but aside from that it was a pretty solid co op game.

Duuuuuuuude, did you notice there were more options and features in the second game? Did you notice the second game was NOT pay to play coop? Did you notice the shit story in this game? Come on brah! Be real!

This isn't a co-op game. You can have two people playing but the co-op aspects have been spectacularly nerfed to the point where you may as well just stand side by side and blast everything in sight.

The original AO2 and games like Gears actually require some teamwork, this game just requires that you spray an inordinate amount of bullets at enemies. Half the time I didn't even use cover - until I realised there was an achievement for it.

This isn't a co-op game. You can have two people playing but the co-op aspects have been spectacularly nerfed to the point where you may as well just stand side by side and blast everything in sight.

The original AO2 and games like Gears actually require some teamwork, this game just requires that you spray an inordinate amount of bullets at enemies. Half the time I didn't even use cover - until I realised there was an achievement for it.

People expect too much out of every game they play. I know it has it's issues but that score was just ridiculous. It seems like it was rated low just because it wasn't the reviewers preferred type of game. That would be like me rating bioshock infinite a 55 out of 100 just because I dislike Bioshock. But I'd still rate it higher and make it a point to point out the good things about it. Army of Two TDC while it was to short, and had minor issues it was still overall a really fun, mindless co op shooter. I just don't agree with the review.

Duuuuuuuude, did you notice there were more options and features in the second game? Did you notice the second game was NOT pay to play coop? Did you notice the shit story in this game? Come on brah! Be real!

It had split screen co op. It's only pay to play if you don't buy the game. And that's not their fault you're a cheap bastard. They wanted to make a fun co op shooter, they made a fun co op shooter. Games don't need half the crap people rate them on to be good. It didn't need some epic story, or top notch voice overs, all it had to do is be fun and it was.

Your complaints are just gamer entitlement bullshit. "THE OTHER GAMES HAD MORE THIS ONE SHOULD HAVE MORE TOO"

Edited by Gackt

Your complaints are just gamer entitlement bullshit. "THE OTHER GAMES HAD MORE THIS ONE SHOULD HAVE MORE TOO"

Those "entitlements" are definitely going to come into play with the next Xbox if the rumors are true that every game on the system is only playable on one system. Devs are going to have to step up in terms of quality for their games if they expect people to buy them, and people are going to expect more from the developers because of this. I know for certain that I won't be playing as many games on that system than the 360 based on this "rumor". The game better be pretty damn special for me to spend the $70 they are rumored to cost.

I've only played the demo of this game, and while I've played the other two, this one just seemed meh to me. Maybe it's because it's been so long since I've played an AoT game that I just wasn't used to it, or maybe it's because the demo didn't have some of the features of the full game. Reading what everyone else has said makes the game look more like a Doom or Quake (where the object is, surprise, kill everything then finish the level) than a faux-tactical co-op shooter like the previous two. I played the demo with a friend and it was like we were playing a Lego game split-screen; he was doing his thing and I was doing mine. No teamwork whatsoever. I expect a co-op game to have the players work together towards a mutual goal (like the two previous games and Gears as someone pointed out above). Sure you can get Aggro and have your teammate sneak around for stealth kills, but what else can they do together? If they're going to tout this as a co-op game, then make it a co-op game, not just two players on the screen at once. There's a difference, and it's a shame that developers are leaning more towards this type of "co-op".

Edited by bLaKgRaVy