Help me on Forest level win $10

Actionjim

Hey,

I think I'm an ok gamer, I managed to get 1000 points on COD2, but I am totally stuck on the forest section of COD3. It's the part where you have to cross the road and work your way up to the mortar. I've made it to the mortar once in about 500 plays. I must be a total retard.

In any case, if anyone has some directions, or tips, and it helps me complete this bit I'd be really grateful.

Everywhere I go, I read the tip, keep moving, keep breaking the chain. I know what that means, but as far as tips go, it sucks. You keep moving on this level - you're dead. You stay still - you're dead.

The single person that is instrumental in my success wins $10 (paypal). I'm the judge, the judges decision is final.

Please help me finish this damn level!

I'm not sure what I did as I finished a while ago. A good general thing to do when you get stuck is to throw smoke when in the open and frag when inside. When I did this part I think I screwd up and went too far up the hill (because of smoke) and ended up at the bunker on the top. I just had to look down the side of the hill and shoot/frag grenade the mortar teams. From above them, they didn't mortar me. Sorry if this is the wrong place.

Just looked for a walkthrough online and found this:

Wait for smoke and head out, run down the hill and hide behind the truck.

Look left and wait for Gerries to show up, take them all out. Once the

smoke clears time to start clearing chains. Start on the left and work it

back out of the trench into the forest. Take out the Gerries in the right

side of the trench and move up to it. Don't worry if you get hit from

behind, it may kill you a couple of time but you can't get rid of them.

Moving up into the forest is brutal. They can see you through trees and you

have no idea where they are. You have to poke your head up take out a few

Gerries and duck down again. Work your way on the far N side around and

flank the Bunker at the end of this CP. Clear the outside of the bunker,

and then time for the inside. First off inside the bunker on the E wall a

door will open as soon as the bunker is clear. If you get caught in this

you'll be dead in a second. Use grenades to enter the bunker and be careful

when you clear it. Proceed E out that door and clear the V chain for the

CP. Phew

http://www.my360.com.au/GuideDetail.aspx?id=13

• 1 month later...

A few thoughts. I recently just finished that level, and like you I got very frustrated. I scoured the websites trying to find a hint, and on youtube, someone has a walkthrough (I do not think it was on vetran) but that video actually helps because it gives you an idea where the enemies are.

The above post mentions one path to take, and it should work, but what I did instead I think makes the difference. The key is getting your allies to move up and shoot at the enemies quickly, and then you can snipe them or grenade them if you know which direction they are comming from.

This is what I did (after many, many tries) once your team starts throwing smoke, you have two guys which I think cannot die, one that goes right to the truck and second that crosses the road on the left and hides in the bushes shooting the germans in the trenches.

1. I went left when the smoke appears and hid in the trees before crossing the road and quickly sniped the 6-7 guys in the trenches and the 4-5 guys that come running across the street. they hardly see you because of the smoke though an occational bullet may come your way.

2. At that time, there are 2-3 germans that take the path through the trees on the left (you can see the sneeky bastards running across the road in front of you at the extreme left side. They hide behind a rock on your side of the road and shoot you in the back unless you deal with them. That is the path they use is the path you have to take.

3. If you cleared all the germans in the trenches, your allies should have moved up to mid forest (almost too quickly). The next step is to take out the 2-3 spots where they keep spawning to/ running to in the mid forest. The best advise to to forget the enemies on the right side (close to the bunker) and let your allies keep them occupied. However you need to throw 1-2 smoke grenades in that direction (to cover the bunker) so you do not get shot from that direction. Then you only have to worry about the guys on the left side and the guys in the middle.

4. Once you know where they hide as you move forward, you may die, but then you know where they are hididng for the next attempt. There are two spots, one next to the rocks before the trench at the back of the forest, and one between the same rocks and the bunker. You throw smoke at the guys in the middle, followed by a grenade or two, and if luck you make kill some. Use the machine gun and advance to the rocks (kill a few from the distance using the sniper so there are less there). Also throw 1-2 grendes at the rocks, and even if you don't kill them, they will be stunned. You hope that the allies will continue to move forward in the smoke and help with any stray germans.

5.Once you have to take over that last rock on the left as the smoke clears you have to quickly kill the last two spawn points, the midforest one (between the rock and the trench, and the one in th trench. Quickly throw smoke at the bunker again, to cover you and then throw a grende in the directionof spawn points to stun them, and either smoke the trench (safer) and clear the mid forest spawn point. Once you do that go to the trench but shoot grendaes 1st again. Once in the trench, things should be easier, but let you allies storm the right side of the bunker, and throw a grenade or shoot at the enterence to kill the 1-2 germans that want to come out.

6. Once inside the bunker, it should be easier, but go very slowly, and let your allies clear out the front as there are some hiding near the mortar. Throw a grende if no one is moving and then move forward.

Of all the chapters this was the one that I needed smoke. I had 6 at the begining of 'cross the road', and needed to use 5. There is no need saving them. My heart was pumping once I was in the trench at the far side of the forest, as it gets 'easier' after that, but I did not want to die. The mortar was actually easy, but I have heard of some people dieing there. They key is it takes about 5-6 minutes of constant morter firing, and keep firing mortars in the distance, and keep killing the Germans as they spawn (the youtube video helped with this) as there is a lot of 'spash' damage. Hope this helps.

that level took me a lonngggg while to beat but the sniper rifle help alot make your you save it just take your time i just stayed on the right side and kept ducking and every time i saw a opening on the bad guys i just kept taking shots with the sniper little by little

• 2 months later...

For me, it's not making it up the hill (which, yes, IS HARD) - it's taking out the blockade with the mortar. I've made it there about 6 times and I just get mowed down. You're team AI SUCKS - "Use the mortar to take out that roadblock" they say... then both bother to offer any real cover for you. You try and fire the mortar and get killed by the oncoming gerrys!

Any tips???

For me, it's not making it up the hill (which, yes, IS HARD) - it's taking out the blockade with the mortar. I've made it there about 6 times and I just get mowed down. You're team AI SUCKS - "Use the mortar to take out that roadblock" they say... then both bother to offer any real cover for you. You try and fire the mortar and get killed by the oncoming gerrys!

Any tips???

Start from close range and work your way out. Spam the fire button since you don't have ammo for it. If they break through, use your smg and get back on the mortar. You could also try throwing some grenades, but the mortar will be your firepower. Seriously, just go nuts with the fire button.

We're not a site of bounty hunters. You shouldn't take his money for something that we as a family of gamers would do and should do for free.

He isn't offering money, the OP was offering money and I don't think anyone was accepting, not that he was really offering. If he had offered, I would have suggested that he make a site donation with the money.

I just finished this part recently(Is doing chapter 12 now!!! Woohoo!). Was stuck in here for many many hours.

The earliest way I have found is to follow your teammate) on the left(cant remember his name but its not the guy who go behind the tank), he will hide behind the tree and move forward to the left of another tree. From there, you just need to stand behind him and the tree to snipe all the guys in the trench.

You can also try to snipe as many jerries further away as possible but watch your left as there will always be some which will cross the road and get to you.

Once your two team mates are in the trench, you can move up. The trick from here is to stay behind your mates and snipe the enemy.

I have found that the trick to winning the motar is to try and bomb the group of jerries and fire when you have the the reload happened regardless if you will hit anything. When you are firing the round, enemy will not be able to hit u and you get to recover your health.