How to duplicate power nodes/credits in chapter 1. No saving or DLC necessary.

monkeymischief

lol i cant even get to this part. i keep dying when you first acquire stasis. the mofo that runs in somehow gets to me before i can literally do anything and i die in one shot

EDIT: just wanted to point out, i just accidently picked up money from the necromorph that jumps up in the room with the first store and powernodes continued to respawn after 4 of them. also, ive dropped nodes onto the small space between the 2 grates and nodes still spawned after that too. maybe i got extremely lucky but even though i accidently picked something up and didnt place things exactly where the video says, its still working for me...for now

Edited by Mr Blonde 324

yeah i wanted to quick reply while its fresh. i just duped 60 nodes.... after picking them all up i was gonna go back and pick up anything i wasnt able to pick up my first time through and dont you know it..... im still able to dupe more nodes..... gonna go dupe more and see whats up.

~~EDIT~~

duped a few more ended up at 70 and got bored. but yeah i followed a youtube video saying dont pick up stuff, blahblahblah, and i was able to dupe 60 of them. pick them up, and continue duping...

Thats all.

Edited by Diablo Himself

yeah i wanted to quick reply while its fresh. i just duped 60 nodes.... after picking them all up i was gonna go back and pick up anything i wasnt able to pick up my first time through and dont you know it..... im still able to dupe more nodes..... gonna go dupe more and see whats up.

~~EDIT~~

duped a few more ended up at 70 and got bored. but yeah i followed a youtube video saying dont pick up stuff, blahblahblah, and i was able to dupe 60 of them. pick them up, and continue duping...

Thats all.

Confirmed, HOWEVER, when I got back to the room I did a few more nodes and then looted those up, after which they stopped respawning.

edit: As a side note, it may have been caused by the reappearance of the door over the maintenance vent. I removed it prior to starting the duping like the video showed, however I just noticed it is now back in front of the vent.

Confirmed, HOWEVER, when I got back to the room I did a few more nodes and then looted those up, after which they stopped respawning.

edit: As a side note, it may have been caused by the reappearance of the door over the maintenance vent. I removed it prior to starting the duping like the video showed, however I just noticed it is now back in front of the vent.

yeah i removed that thing like 3 times. it kept respawning for me aswell.... lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I had the same issue where it only gave 3-4 nodes and duplicate credits. However I tried a change compared to what the video shows where I picked up the space node first, placed that on the right side of the corridor, ran to the node in the office, placed that on the right side too just under the first and them got the credits and placed it on the left side. Once I ran back to the office, waited and returned to the items, I picked up the credit first, which didn't duplicate, placed them near the vent and went for the node. First one didn't duplicate but the second one did. Once I put the second one down and returned, the first node reappeared and duplicated over and over. Tested twice and worked both times.

Thanks buddy, that's how I got it to work as well. :woop:

• 2 weeks later...
The credits are duping, but the nodes stop after only cloning 3-5. :/

http://www.govazd.info/28.jpghttp://www.govazd.info/02.jpghttp://www.govazd.info/03.jpghttp://www.govazd.info/05.jpg

http://www.govazd.info/04.jpghttp://www.govazd.info/29.jpg

Try what #10 said. It worked for me when only the credits were consistently duping and the nodes stopped after three.

1). Grab the node floating in space..and walk it down the hall to the spot the credits are placed in the video.

2) Grab the node from the gift shop at the beginning of the video. Walk it down the hall and place it just below the node from step 1.

3) Grab the 1000 credits by the save/store room. Walk it down the hall and place it on the opposite side of your nodes.

4) Grab the door with kinesis and then run all the way back to the beginning. Wait 15 seconds or so and then run back to where you placed your items.

5) Start duplicating your nodes first... Should be good to go.

Hope that helps.

Cred goes to MonkeyMischief, Twerly222, and Chaos2Keres

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i dont know if it has been mentioned but i can dupe up to max 121 nodes (after the dupe i got 121 nodes). the money didnt work.

i somehow after i did this are getting stuck (5th new game now) in act 2 by the tram station, units wont spawn. does this has any influence on that?

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I am doing my second playthrough of Dead Space 2 on hardcore, because the last time I completed it I didn't get the achievement "Hard to The Core". (Must have been a bug.) So I decided a year later (NOW) to try Again. This time I decided I didn't want to do it legit like last time. So I tried this out, and my power nodes keeps disappearing, I do everything - step by step, just like the guy in the videos. Could it be an update or a patch?

Edited by XxPsycho7FirexX
Typing to fast.

• 4 months later...