Knives Chau DLC Achievement Guide

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I'm going to have to run through it again with Knives only.

Do I have to delete character data or can I just run through it again?

You can just run through it again. However, you have to make sure to do every level in its entirety. You can't just skip to the bosses ala one man army.

How do you do that air knife throw with her because it's locked out at level 16 for me I can't get the 10 in the air it's kinda annoying

You dont need that move. You have to *headstomp* enemies ten consecutive times (Press "Y" while in the air), not use her special attack ("Y" + Down while in the air). Her headstomp unlocks at level 4.

I'm not after stepping on anyone's toes, but I just though I'd reword (90%) and reformat (99%) NoMansLand 666 guide (though I've not used the additional methods from others), to make it more guide like! :p

Also my first attempt at anything guide like (not posted it as a seperate thread, since it's not all my work, just wanted to see if I could do it)!

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1492/+9CSMg==.jpgIt's all in the reflexes - 10G:gsicon:

Catch a flying object at least 25 times with Knives.

At level 4 Kinves gains a move that allows her to grab items thrown at her via pressing :bbut:, best done in the new Battle Royale game mode that comes with the DLC (2 controllers needed); Select Knives as player 1 and any other character for player 2, use the 2nd controller to throw items (press :xbut: to pick up an item and :ybut: to throw) at player 1 and catch them using :bbut:.

Can also be done in Single Player, but will take much longer and be harder.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1492/+BFjFA==.jpgNinja Somersault - 20:gsicon:

Perform at least 10 consecutive head stomps successfully with Knives.

At level 11 Knives learns the head stomp move: Jump + :ybut:.

Use Survival Horror Mode (access via cheat code) and Kill between around 100 zombies, so that the screen fills up with more zombies and try to make them gather at the base of the screen, and then use head stomp on them 10 times in a row, without touching the floor.

Zombie Survival Mode

:ddown: :dup: :dright: :ddown: :dup: :dright: :ddown: :dup: :dright: :dright: :dright: at the Title Screen

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1492/+jBqoQ==.jpgSpeed Run - 20:gsicon:

Cleared the game in 90 minutes or less with Knives

Just play through With Knives from the first stage to the last on Average Joe difficulty, to speed things up you can use the power of love sword.

If you want to be max level before starting and don't have the money to move over from another character, you may also use the Konami Code Money Trick as described in This Thread until you have about $700.00 and then pay off Scott's Late fees in No Account Video and level Knives up (buy 'Seven Shaolin Masters' 10 time and then 'Alone and Disturbed' until you are level 16), before starting again from the first stage.

Power of Love sword unlocked at any stage

:xbut::xbut::xbut::abut::bbut::ybut: at the Title Screen

Edited by Doktor Wilhelm
A bit of rewording.

Well the achievement description does state with Knives only, so I would assume it means single-player only. I ran through the entire game in it's entirety considering I had yet to begin the game with Knives.

It has to be done in single player. Just tried it in co-op with Knives and Scott, and it didn't unlock at the end. Afterwards I ran through the game again with Knives only and it unlocked as soon as I beat Gideon. You don't have to reset your data or anything either, just simply play all the levels in order. Took about 40ish minutes to rush through it all with a level 16 maxed out Knives with the Power of Love sword on.

A big part of the trick of this achievement is to sign in the second character as Ramona and hit LB (the button that makes knives appear with coffee). When knives appears for Ramona, she speeds everyone else up. That makes doing 10 stomps go a lot faster, and for some reason, it makes knives' down+y in the air attack push her further into the air. This makes this achievement ridiculously easy to do in the fight against giant gideon as the previously posted youtube video demonstrates.

A big part of the trick of this achievement is to sign in the second character as Ramona and hit LB (the button that makes knives appear with coffee). When knives appears for Ramona, she speeds everyone else up. That makes doing 10 stomps go a lot faster, and for some reason, it makes knives' down+y in the air attack push her further into the air. This makes this achievement ridiculously easy to do in the fight against giant gideon as the previously posted youtube video demonstrates.

I got lucky without doing it that way, but that sounds much, much, MUCH easier. I did it by myself after the 20th (or so) attempt, and Gigadeon just stood there a little longer than normal. Works for me. 100%ed Scott Pilgrim. :woop:

I don't view as stepping on my toes, lol. I openly said in the opening post it was my first attempt and that it was crap.

Did you get the pictures off of the main achievement list? Couldn't work that bit of it out when I was doing it (the achievement list wasn't live on this site when I made it).

I don't view as stepping on my toes, lol. I openly said in the opening post it was my first attempt and that it was crap.

Did you get the pictures off of the main achievement list? Couldn't work that bit of it out when I was doing it (the achievement list wasn't live on this site when I made it).

Couple things to help you out;

1) You're not supposed to make achievement guides or roadmaps until you have at least 100 posts. That's apparent forum rules.

2) You have to include the unlocked pictures from your Xbox.com profile page. Now that Xbox.com has been updated, no one can see unlocked pictures unless they have the achievement unlocked themselves.

3) Be extremely descriptive. You don't want readers not understanding exactly what you're saying. As a writer, you want to capture their thinking and inform them as to exactly what you did to unlock the achievement(s). Being vague hurts communication and causes a lot of frustration among forum members. Go into extreme detail, even if you have to mention, "At the precise time Gigadeon's hair flairs white...". That kind of description helps the reader to know what you're talking about without having to see a video. With any guide, you'll want to do this.

4) Lastly, never repeat the achievement description. That's just tacky.

Hope that helps. ;)

It's more that I felt that all I had done was reword your guide (it was all I'd done at first, until I changed a bit more and then changed it a few more times, lol) and added the achievements tiles (yeah, the achievements list was updated when I got them, this site usually doesn't update the list until the achievements appear of xbox.com, so it took awhile for the to appear).

2) You have to include the unlocked pictures from your Xbox.com profile page. Now that Xbox.com has been updated, no one can see unlocked pictures unless they have the achievement unlocked themselves.

You use the ones from the achievement list on the site, they will get updated in time. And I don't see any repeating of the achievement descriptions ... ?

You dont need that move. You have to *headstomp* enemies ten consecutive times (Press "Y" while in the air), not use her special attack ("Y" + Down while in the air). Her headstomp unlocks at level 4.

Headstomp is Level 10 (or a bit later). The other move (the ability to catch things) I believe is built into the character when you first start playing it.

Does the 90 minutes have to be done in a single sitting, or can you quit out and resume later and it'll pick up where it left off?

My game froze the Xbox just after I purchased the Tech Attach 2 at Mobile's Secret Shop. I restarted the Xbox and tried again from the start of level 6. Even though I had at least 15 minutes to spare between the combined attempts, no Speed Run. So if your game glitches, start over from the beginning. :(

I've tried to do Speed Run twice now. Once I did it with my brother only to realize it doesn't unlock when you play co-op, so I did it again this morning by myself and I was already level 16 and maxed when I beat it in less than an hour and still no achievement. Is it another glitch or am I just doing it wrong? I played every level from start to finish, I'll try it again and see what happens I guess.

I redid it and I got it. I'm not sure what I did wrong but the time I did it solo I fought Mr. Chau so maybe you can't fight him? I don't see what the difference was cause it didn't take that long but I guess you can't fight him.

So I would like someone else to verify if you can or cannot fight Mr. Chau during your speed run.

Seeing as this takes away one of my completed games, I guess I have 3 new achievements to sweep.

Also use the love sword while your level 16 for your speed runs, it will speed things up. The code was (I THINK) X, X, X, A, B, A, Y at the title screen.

Edited by Reno Zero