GREEN THUMB help thread

Got it thanks to this post. Thanksss :woop:

It was those damn Scarab Salts

No problem, congrats on one of the more annoying achievements of the year!

I also wanna say, maybe the White Flake/Scarab Salts tip should be moved up a bit? As I said, I traversed probably 90% of areas in this game and I didn't find any. If ppl started with those (after prismere dust and essence of fate), maybe they would get it to pop quicker.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm just got this achievement and so glad too, Haven't quite finished the game almost there tho. But the odd thing is, I only harvested 5 prismere dusts. I've kept a tally of all my harvesting since Rathir. and have only come across 7 of those plants which I failed 2 times. But hey I got it so I'm happy

When I decided to go for this achievement I figured I'd sell all of mine, and start harvesting ten of each once again. As I was collecting reagents the achievement unlocked, and to be more specific I had a list an I was only on eleven of twenty, and I had only three of one reagent in my pouch when it unlocked. For me it seems the game kept track of what I've looted an harvested.

according to Playfire 1.83% of the registered user have it

Edited by JDMBO1

I guess I was one of the lucky ones with this then. As soon as I hit the second Island I just sold all my reagents and stopped looting them and it was easy. I knew exactly what I needed and it popped right away when I got my 10th Prismere Dust.

If anyone is still having trouble with Tindertwig there are three of them in Iron Hold Passage near Didenhal. Grab em sleep for two days and repeat.

I just came on here to post exactly this, was wondering myself. ;)

The higher it is the more likely it will be that you have a successful harvest. You can probably do it at any level. Mine was maxed out.

Seawatch is on the east of the map, not the west. Southwest, to be precise. You might want to correct the achievement guide.

What? That's not in the first post of this thread or the achievement guide.

Edited by Lex Talionis

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EDIT: 5-4-2012: This achievement popped when I picked up White Flake - it was my 132 one collected!!

Ive harvested 10+ of eacht ingredient but didnt get the achieve why?!?!?

Same here.

I have hundreds of most of them and a minimum of 19 of the rarer ones - still nothing. :(

Hope this sorts itself out.

I lost track of what I needed because I bought a lot of reagants and collected a lot from trunks and fallen enemies. Those don't count. You have to harvest them from a plant for them to count toward the achievement.
Maybe the answer lies Edited by Mr Arrow

• 3 weeks later...

essence of fate does not count for the achievement. yes you can harvest it but no it doesnt count. i only EVER harvested 1 essence of fate and got the achievement. as for people who say its glitched and they have xx of whatever. you may have thought you harvested 10 but you DIDNT. start with prismere dust and white flake i see alot of people needing those. mine finished when i got the white flake

Not sure if this is one way of getting this achievement or not, but it may help out someone who cannot seem to get it. I thought for sure I had harvested enough, and i went hours harvesting. i finally gave up and did this. i went to fateweaver, reset my stats, made sure Alchemy was priority this time got it filled to the max. i created a new save just for this, i added all my regents to Junk, and destroyed all junk. started fresh with absolutely no regents. Followed some guides to see the best places to find some, and sure enough I got the achievement like this. =D

I only just started playing and I was curious about something. Having read this thread I'm still confused hehe. =)

If I save my game at a harvest point and then fail to harvest an ingredient - is there any point in reloading the game to try again? Or will I just keep failing ad infinitum?

Basically - is there any random element to the skill or is it all down to how many points you invest in Alchemy?

I only just started playing and I was curious about something. Having read this thread I'm still confused hehe. =)

If I save my game at a harvest point and then fail to harvest an ingredient - is there any point in reloading the game to try again? Or will I just keep failing ad infinitum?

Basically - is there any random element to the skill or is it all down to how many points you invest in Alchemy?

You just asked about what I just did (and unlocked the Achievement doing it)!

After finding a place that gave me 3 Prismere Dust (the last thing I needed), I saved before each one and, if I failed, I reloaded and tried again until I succeeded, then moved on to the next one. If you fail once, you will not fail forever.

It is fairly random. Having points in Alchemy improves your odds, but I wouldn't bother having it up all the way. You should have at least 5 points in it so you can create the Fate potions (you need 4 ingredients). I had 6 in mine and was just fine.

The only thing you don't need to harvest (this is confirmed, as I only harvested 2 in the entire game) are Essence of Fates. You can loot those off enemies after fateshifting them, and it counts. They are the only ingredient that count towards the total even if looted, though.

• 1 year later...