DOOMed Collector Glitched?

Charisma01

Has this glitched for anyone else or just me? I have collected all the PDA's in DOOM 3 Campaign (not played RoE or Lost Missions yet), and this is including the id PDA in Primary Excavation Site. I have followed a DOOM 3 official guide as playing to make sure I didn't miss any I knew about and I've triple checked the list. Not missing a single one yet it isn't popping up. I've scoured the net to see if anyone has problems with this yet it seems so far its just me :( Any help would be appreciated!Has this glitched for anyone else or just me? I have collected all the PDA's in DOOM 3 Campaign (not played RoE or Lost Missions yet), and this is including the id PDA in Primary Excavation Site. I have followed a DOOM 3 official guide as playing to make sure I didn't miss any I knew about and I've triple checked the list. Not missing a single one yet it isn't popping up. I've scoured the net to see if anyone has problems with this yet it seems so far its just me :( Any help would be appreciated!

You're working off an incomplete guide. There's 64 of them, plus 1 that was meant to be in the game (it's in the PC game data) but isn't in there. 64...

Here is a link to a confirmed complete collectibles guide for Doom 3, RoE and Lost Mission. It has all PDA's, Storage and Door codes and Video Disks.

You have to be signed in to download this zipped spreadsheet.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5339115&postcount=5

Won't let me access it as I'm new to the forums lol But thank you sending it. Do you happen to know which one it is and where to get it? i.e Name of NPC & Location? Also, does that mean I have to collect them all over again to get the Achievement or can I just run through another game save, pick it up and get it?

Not for nothing, but how would I know which PDA's you collected in your playthrough? ;)

Since there is no chapter select or going back to previous areas, yes, you would have to do another playthrough. You would have to start an entirely new game and that wipes out all your progress except your manual saves.

Even if you had saved at the beginning of each level/section (Mars City, Admin, Alpha Labs, Monorail, etc), and started from those saves, you would have to pick up everything again after that save point. For example, it's just like saving your game then picking up a PDA and then dying. When you reload, you will start from that save before you picked up the PDA, so anything after that save you have to do all over again. Sorry.

You're missing just one, so it's not the chamber in Alpha Labs since you get 2 and a video disk if you choose to open it (a lot of people miss those). It can be anywhere, really.

But as I said, it doesn't really matter anymore, unless on the off chance that it's near the end and you made a save before getting it, then you won't have to play that much. Try to download the spreadsheet again after you've gotten 5 posts under your belt so you won't have to go through writing/typing out which ones you have for someone to figure out. Hope this helps.

Did you follow the "official" Doom 3 guide by Prima Games?

Did you get the achievements for the storage lockers and video disks? It's good that you thought to use a guide, though. Unfortunately, it was incomplete.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

Haha my good man I've figured it out! Thanks to your guide, I tracked who it was. Yes, I got all Storage Codes and Video Disks (Goody Finder seems to Glitch and gives it you to earlier than it should). Yes I was using the Prima Games DOOM 3 guide, and you are part right in saying its incomplete. Technically, there are 2 PDAs that are not included in the walktrhough (meaning there are 65 PDAs in total), HOWEVER 1 of these is completely impossible to get, and the other is not stated that the character has a PDA to collect. George Krietman is the one I need (Alpha Labs Sector 1 & I'm going through on Recruit for Speed Run and DOOMed Collector now). I never even thought to kill him, even though he does have a PDA in his hand haha. And lastly, 'Joshua P. Herbert'. He does not actually exist in the game and I can't recall him being him in the older versions (quite possibly wrong though).

Apparently "if you examine the Doom 3 editor you will find there is a PDA referenced in this level that you can't obtain during play. It contains 2 Emails and 1 Audio Log. Neither of the emails has been filled in and the audio log is missing so it doesn't really count as a game item." His PDA is supposed to be registered in Hell, so I presume this was for the PC version.

Nice! Glad you figured it out. Sorry you have to go through the game again.

That Joshua Herbert one was the one i mentioned in a previous post as not being there

"There's 64 of them, plus 1 that was meant to be in the game (it's in the PC game data) but isn't in there."
I actually have the Prima guide in my bookcase and I looked at it when people started posting the codes and PDA's. I figured I'd trust a video walkthrough before a guide that was printed 8 years ago when achievements didn't exist. It was obviously unnecessary to collect it (doesn't have a code to a locker or anything) so I guess they thought not to mention it in the guide. Sad, as those Prima guides are supposed to have ALL the secrets to a game.