Preferred method of travel?

BluWolve

Preferred Method of travel?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred Method of travel?

Just wondering what everyones preferred method of getting around Skyrim is, and why? I myself tend to walk or ride everywhere, I am not going to fast-travel at all in my first play through. IMO it adds to the realism and depth of the game. How about you?

Multiple choices are allowed, Depends on how you feel is pretty much an "all of the above"

Edited by BluWolve

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft missed it was multple choice.

Anyway, i will mostly fast travel or horse & carriage if i dont know the place. But if i feel like some fun for a couple of hours and it usually does take me a few hours because i get sidetracked, then sidetracked, then sidetracked, i will do it, also walking places you find so many landmarks etc

But if im wanting to play out a questline or whatever then fast travel etc will be my choice.

(Just an example last night it took me 2 and half hours to get to the dark brotherhood after doing the initiation, i did like 3 dungeons and gained around 8 quests on the way though aswell as picking up god knows how many herbs and finding many different locations. Was alot of fun.)

Hahaha, I forgot you can get horses in Skyrim! I may purchase one soon, now that I've seen this, but for now I typically walk and fast travel. I like to take in the scenery, but when I wish to get across the map in a hurry, I obviously fast travel.

PS: Are the horses any good/ cool looking?

Edited by LickableLemons7

I am walking everywhere. 19hrs in and I have only been to Whiterun and Riften cities. Made it to High Hrothgaar as well. Been to a few small locations along the way, kill a few dragons too. But I am enjoying every moment I can. Levelling up naturally, and generally just enjoying everything Skyrim has to offer. So much to see and do.

So far I've been walking everywhere I go. I did use a carriage once to get to Winterhold. I was trying to get there on foot and was never able to find a way up, so I fast traveled back to a city and hopped a carriage.

I'm actually enjoying walking though. It is time consuming, but along the way you find unexplored caves and forts. So, it's worth my time to walk. I haven't got a horse yet; not bought or stolen one. I might get one later, after I buy my house.

But, I'm going to go with "all of the above" with a strong preference towards walking.

PS: Are the horses any good/ cool looking?

The Horse I bought, which is the one at Whiterun, looks like a cross between a Mountain pony and a Clydesdale. They can gallop :lbbut:, Jump (or rear when not moving) :ybut: , and can take a hell of a beating! Only had it a little while though but IMO they are much better looking and better to handle than in oblivion. Oh and I am pretty sure you can only ride them in 3rd person view.

The Horse I bought, which is the one at Whiterun, looks like a cross between a Mountain pony and a Clydesdale. They can gallop :lbbut:, Jump (or rear when not moving) :ybut: , and can take a hell of a beating! Only had it a little while though but IMO they are much better looking and better to handle than in oblivion. Oh and I am pretty sure you can only ride them in 3rd person view.

Ah, rats. I looked up some YouTube vids and the horses seem rather clunky. But that's probably just because I've grown attached to the horses in Red Dead Redemption. I'll take a look at some horses once I get back home.

Ah, rats. I looked up some YouTube vids and the horses seem rather clunky. But that's probably just because I've grown attached to the horses in Red Dead Redemption. I'll take a look at some horses once I get back home.

Yeah they are more of a sturdy mountain war horse than the red dead western horses. I know a lot about horses so I was impressed that they went to the trouble to make it realistic to what breed would be there in that type of region.

Its been noted a few times that while the horses are slower in skyrim and also not as maneuverable, they can take one heck of a beating. And to be honest thinking in the style of a wild west game like red dead and comparing it to this is just retarded lol :p

Talking of random dragon fights. I use the Abandoned shack/hut i forget offhand quite alot at the moment as a travel point, it never happened when i was using it to store things but since i got my own place it happens every, single time. I literally ALWAYS get a dragon there. I've now had about 10 kills from that place alone. Annoying aswell cause its a swamp and swimming to where it lands takes longer than one would hope :/

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I walk or fast travel. I've been trying to fast travel less so I can run into some of the random little things you won't notice by fast traveling, but sometimes I just don't feel like hoofing it from Riften all the way to Markarth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This sounds terrible because I am a massive fan of Skyrim and it is undoubtedly my favourite game of all time but my theory is that even with fast travel, you can play this game for hundreds of hours and there are so many other games to play too! Thats my justification anyway...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...