Official Bitching Thread

Ham Woopan

So, I picked this game up a week or so ago. The single-player is quite solid so far, thanks primarily to the great voice work, but the multiplayer just doesn't work. Perhaps it's because of Max Payne's style of gameplay, but every match I've played is just complete chaos with no real teamwork or strategy to speak of. I understand that people like fast-paced games, but I feel that there has to be a method to the madness, an underlying order in the chaos, in a good multiplayer game (e.g. Halo 3). That's not what I've experienced playing this game's multiplayer.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I picked this game up a week or so ago. The single-player is quite solid so far, thanks primarily to the great voice work, but the multiplayer just doesn't work. Perhaps it's because of Max Payne's style of gameplay, but every match I've played is just complete chaos with no real teamwork or strategy to speak of. I understand that people like fast-paced games, but I feel that there has to be a method to the madness, an underlying order in the chaos, in a good multiplayer game (e.g. Halo 3). That's not what I've experienced playing this game's multiplayer.

yea i just started playing not to long ago also

i agree the single player is very solid besides the fact you cant skip most of the cutscenes. But the multiplayer is honestly the biggest piece of crap i have ever played. there is no method to the madness i always end up getting 40 assists in a game dying 25-30 times and getting maybe 10-15 kills (if im lucky) This game is especially unforgiving for new comers because you go into rookie deathmatch and its fairly balanced but oh u made it to level 5 already lets throw you in the deep end with all these level 40+ or prestigers who have all these perks and weapons maxed out and just blast you in the ass time and time again.

they should have made a rolling playlist that allows you to play with people within a few levels (like 1-9 10-19 20-29 etc) so atleast if you not the greatest player your playing with people of a similar skill set and have similar perks unlocked

They turned the triple XP off pretty early. Just after midnight in the UK. That must be late afternoon for parts of the US... you know, when many people will sit down to play. Retarded time to shut it off. Oh well, level 20-36 for me. Annoyingly I only tried deathmatch mode with one hour of triple XP left. You can earn XP seriously fast in deathmatch if you have a full game. It's just a lightning speed kill fest for 10 minutes. On a small map I get about 40-50 kills, plus burts are accumilated much quicker. General score, about 7000 in 10 mins.

yea i just started playing not to long ago also

i agree the single player is very solid besides the fact you cant skip most of the cutscenes. But the multiplayer is honestly the biggest piece of crap i have ever played. there is no method to the madness i always end up getting 40 assists in a game dying 25-30 times and getting maybe 10-15 kills (if im lucky) This game is especially unforgiving for new comers because you go into rookie deathmatch and its fairly balanced but oh u made it to level 5 already lets throw you in the deep end with all these level 40+ or prestigers who have all these perks and weapons maxed out and just blast you in the ass time and time again.

they should have made a rolling playlist that allows you to play with people within a few levels (like 1-9 10-19 20-29 etc) so atleast if you not the greatest player your playing with people of a similar skill set and have similar perks unlocked

I agree with this. Maybe rolling playlists did exist initially but population decreases mean you have to take what you can get. The unlockables are very odd as well. Level 40 to unlock heavy armor? So the noob isnt allowed heavy defenses but the level 40 guy with supped up dual auto 9mms who has the perk to appear friendly can have it?? Strange.

The multiplayer became much more enjoyable once I had finished levelling the M4 and transitioned to dual wielding pistols which seem very overpowered in this game. Reminded me of the shotguns in Quantum of Solace.

The issues sruoounding this triple xp weekend were ridiculous, but I was lucky and dodged them all. Went from 17 to 50 :)

• 1 month later...

I really hope that R* never tries to hide the loading screens behind the cut-scenes. Playing this game more than once is beyond frustrating because of the load times alone. After I play one or two times I don't wanna hear the story anymore.

Would take a load screen over this bullshit any day.

I really hope that R* never tries to hide the loading screens behind the cut-scenes. Playing this game more than once is beyond frustrating because of the load times alone. After I play one or two times I don't wanna hear the story anymore.

Would take a load screen over this bullshit any day.

You mean the long and infuriating loading screens, that already exist within the game?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...