"Official" Bitching Thread

iBuzz7S

Most of my hate and thus this post of bitching comes from my online teammates. It's amazing to me how long it takes to get a game going from the multiplayer menu. I'm not talking about people switching up characters or getting their guns/ammo/armor ready -- I don't mind a little waiting when this going on. I mean physically pressing "Ready." I would yell at them if I had a mic, but long ago it got stepped on and it gave out right around my first MP matches.

Just for "fun" -- that's straining the definition of the word -- I pressed Ready as soon as I got into a lobby and wait it out as long as it took to get a game going. If nobody is doing any switching up of anything and nobody has pressed ready, I don't wait too long. It took about 5 minutes for the next person to even press ready and then another 3 minutes before we started the match. And the host proceeded to quit with about 10 seconds left before the dropship arrived. We started the wave over and we all died.

I'm not saying everybody needs to press Ready immediately when the lobby fills up, but pay f****** attention and press ready pretty quick or show some signs of actually being there.

OR....find some people on here to play with and not worry about randoms.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, I shit talked this guy who rage quit from a gold match after he was downed across the map on wave 1. I don't normally do this, but he was the host and everyone else ended up quitting out. Plus, I had some really good equipment that went to waste.

I simply told him to go back down to bronze and he replied with "stfu I beat every faction on gold 34 times." He doesn't even have Unwavering...

OR....find some people on here to play with and not worry about randoms.

Yeah, got distracted by my girlfriend when writing my little tirade/rant and didn't mention that. I'm not really looking for teammates to play MP -- obviously this would help with the random people I have online. The novelty of MP has worn off and I'm just doing it until I get the 5,000 kill achievement. Trying to get something together with people on here really doesn't seem worth it when I lack about 400 kills and then I'm done with MP. Of course, doing so from the beginning would negate the need to bitch on here.. :p

lol, I shit talked this guy who rage quit from a gold match after he was downed across the map on wave 1. I don't normally do this, but he was the host and everyone else ended up quitting out. Plus, I had some really good equipment that went to waste.

I simply told him to go back down to bronze and he replied with "stfu I beat every faction on gold 34 times." He doesn't even have Unwavering...

That is why I don't put any good equipment on to use on a gold multiplayer unless I've played with them first. I can't even count the number for gold games I've had someone quit out of within the first two rounds after they realize how hard it is.

The last 2 hours of this game (Insanity) can eat me. I had a blast with this game, but 4 parts really irked me POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

1: The final fight with Ling: I hate when developers set up a set of parameters for gameplay (cover system, fighting style, etc.) only to throw them away and call it difficulty. "Hey, let's have them start in an empty room with Ling already taking shots at you. Also he is only 4 feet away and can insta-kill you off the bat."

2. The final defense of the shield battery: When I have to run through massive amounts of enemies and basically depend on luck that I will have them not paying attention on that particular run. It is not fun. The game tried to Eff me when I finally got to the button too by making me roll three times instead of pressing it.

3. The final hobble up to get on the ship. Really? I have to replay what is basically an interactive cutscene? The point of replaying part of a game is supposed to be to refresh your strategy and try again. Rewatching a cutscene repeatedly just to hope you get lucky enough to pop enough shots into a marauder is stupid. Which brings us to...

4. The final scene with the illusive man. Now here we have a cutscene itself, with only dialogue options, that you can FAIL. Nowhere else in the game-a game built on freedom of decision mind you, will you fail for not choosing a specific route. Plus you can't even speed up the scene, which is fairly long.

All that aside, otherwise every fun game and I don't see what the big deal with the ending was.

2. The final defense of the shield battery: When I have to run through massive amounts of enemies and basically depend on luck that I will have them not paying attention on that particular run. It is not fun. The game tried to Eff me when I finally got to the button too by making me roll three times instead of pressing it.

Haha. That happened to me, too. I was freakin screaming at the screen cuz I was getting shot at the time, had no shields, and could see my health depleting. Luckily my fourth A button worked. That's why I hate it when games assign one button for multiple things.

One of the first things that I noticed about this game that drove me crazy quickly was switching back and forth between the two discs.

-I put in Disc 1 to start the game.

-Hadn't completed Palaven yet.

-Go to do the first Cerberus side mission.

-Told to put in Disc 2.

-Complete side mission.

-Move onto Palaven.

-Get told to put in Disc 1.

-Complete Palaven.

-etc. etc.

One of the first things that I noticed about this game that drove me crazy quickly was switching back and forth between the two discs.

-I put in Disc 1 to start the game.

-Hadn't completed Palaven yet.

-Go to do the first Cerberus side mission.

-Told to put in Disc 2.

-Complete side mission.

-Move onto Palaven.

-Get told to put in Disc 1.

-Complete Palaven.

-etc. etc.

i agree its overwhelming when you start the game, after the first few main missions the disc switching settles down. however, that was very weird when i first started up the game. i thought i was going to need to switch off disc1 each time i wanted to veer off "the beaten path" of the main plot. which would be god aweful, luckily it calms down after a while.

lately whats been grinding my gears is the plaugue that is :abut:.. god forbid your teammate is downed next to cover AND an indoctrination device. your ass will be doing combat rolls, hacking the device and going to cover for 30 seconds while they bleed out. they need to give me an option to switch around the interact button. ive searched all over the menus, there has to be something im missing.

Yeah, got distracted by my girlfriend when writing my little tirade/rant and didn't mention that. I'm not really looking for teammates to play MP -- obviously this would help with the random people I have online. The novelty of MP has worn off and I'm just doing it until I get the 5,000 kill achievement. Trying to get something together with people on here really doesn't seem worth it when I lack about 400 kills and then I'm done with MP. Of course, doing so from the beginning would negate the need to bitch on here.. :p

You're missing out....a couple of the guys Im playing with discovered what happends when you hit a stasis geth with a fully leveled up shockwave...I never laugh so hard in my life.

This isn't so much a bitching rant or complaint but now that i'm on my insanity playthrough and already know the ending, then entire narrative seems pointless. I just finished the genophage mission and from the start of the diplomatic meeting to the end of the Tutunka mission, the story is only about the ramifications of the whether or not to cure the genophage. On my first play through this was a tough decision but on my second play through i was just hitting random responses because i know no matter what i choose, it makes no difference in the end.

this isn't so much a bitching rant or complaint but now that i'm on my insanity playthrough and already know the ending, then entire narrative seems pointless. I just finished the genophage mission and from the start of the diplomatic meeting to the end of the tutunka mission, the story is only about the ramifications of the whether or not to cure the genophage. On my first play through this was a tough decision but on my second play through i was just hitting random responses because i know no matter what i choose, it makes no difference in the end.

ahhhh spoiler!!!!!

When I heard you could continue your ME2 relationships into ME3 by importing, I was thrilled. However, a buddy tells me that Tali can't be romanced with femShep.

Why did I bother to romance Tali with my femShep in ME2 if Bioware would make it null and void in ME3? WTF?

Wait what? o_0

Tali is only a romance option for MaleShep.

Edited by N7 Shadow

Wait what? o_0

Tali is only a romance option for MaleShep.

^^^ That. How the hell did you romance Tali with a femshep? lol

Anyway, I actually haven't had too much to bitch about through my playthrough(s) of ME3.......until now.

****Spoiler possible****

Ok first playthrough I didn't finish. I got to the ending Priority:Earth and didn't go to Earth since My fiance' was a step ahead and I had to sit through and watch him finish it... so it spoiled the ending for me. >< And since the ending wasn't all that...thrilling... I never picked it back up to finish.

Jump to a few weeks later when I decide to run an adept through my insanity playthrough to finish out all the achievements... easy for the most part, until I get to one area....

Marauder fricking Shields.

Belay that.

The 3 fricken husks BEFORE Marauder fricking Shields.

Haven't even GOTTEN to him yet and already I'm getting frustrated with this. Damn it if the husks kill me one more time I'm going to scream. :p Having a hard time of this on insanity, I hear you have to do it with headshots... well... I'm not all that used to shooters... and in ME I usually stick to power classes to compensate for that. Adepts, Sentinels... it's my stronger point.

Well, you can't use powers in this sequence.

My life is hell right now. :p

Marauder fricking Shields.

Belay that.

Haven't even GOTTEN to him yet and already I'm getting frustrated with this. Damn it if the husks kill me one more time I'm going to scream. :p Having a hard time of this on insanity, I hear you have to do it with headshots... well... I'm not all that used to shooters... and in ME I usually stick to power classes to compensate for that. Adepts, Sentinels... it's my stronger point.

Go to the left side of the screen so when they come, they will be lined up. With the marauder, go back to center screen, then just take your time and let the reticule reset to center mass before each shot. As long as you don't miss, he shouldn't even get a chance to shoot you a second time.

Go to the left side of the screen so when they come, they will be lined up. With the marauder, go back to center screen, then just take your time and let the reticule reset to center mass before each shot. As long as you don't miss, he shouldn't even get a chance to shoot you a second time.

Thank you for that!

Going left worked after a bit, it was much easier to shoot them head on when they lined up like that. The whole sequence still took me about 20-30 kills but finally got it done in the end!

I think the last game that made me swear and flip out was playing Call of Duty 2 on Veteran. But this game has brought it to a whole new level for me.

Where to begin...well I'm playing on Insane and it's the first of the ME games I have tried playing on this difficulty level. I have played the other two on Insane but just never completed them but BOY is this hard!

But the difficulty I feel is compounded by some of the most broken game playing mechanics I've ever seen. The cover mechanism for a start at times just does not work. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been killed because whilst in cover if moving left or right Shephard will decide to stand up and get a rocket in the face! :mad: On occasions when I've switched to a different weapon, again Shephard will decide to stand up out of cover and I die! Or even worse at times...he just doesn't seem to want to get into cover at all!

My support from my comrades at times is laughable, in one stage of the game they wouldn't follow me no matter how many times I asked them to and when going through a door to the next part of the level they were left behind for me to take the full brunt of the fight on my own because the door closed...permanantly.

Trying to revive your team...fcuk me this is a joke! You either end up inadvertantly rolling over them, going into cover, standing up out of cover...to then eventually start reviving them only for a nade to land at your feet.

Why do you have to stand near people talking to pick up on a potential side mission? What happened to people flagging you down and ...you know a bit of narrative starts so you get a feel for what you have to do and what is being asked of you?

Primary missions and secondary missions which were as clear as day in ME2...not here. It just seems...cluttered. I miss the days of using the Mako to land on some planet somewhere and even though those missions got repetetive after so many years of development they could have expanded on this so much more. I remember ME1 when landing on some planets in the Mako I would sometimes stand in awe of the moon/planet I was on because it looked so beautiful. Not anymore :(

My last and final rant is about the amount of nades that a thrown at you...Cerberus seem to have an infinite supply of the damn things. Has anyone else noticed as well that whenever your low on health, sheilds are down, your wrestling to get cover somewhere...you eventually do...only for a nade to land at your feet! Holy shit give me a f**king break!

Rant over.

Edited by TrendyNinja

Something else I forgot to bitch about that I'm not sure if anybody else has mentioned....I fucking HATE BioWare for making your Galactic Readiness decrease if you DON'T play multiplayer. I had 100% Readiness and now I'm back down to 84% because I haven't played multiplayer in about a week. Sure, it didn't really go down much but the fact that to keep it up I actually have to constantly play online is ridiculously fucking stupid.

Personally I HATE that your galactic readiness has anything to do with MP. I play certain games on MP like Gears of War and halo but Mass effect is a GREAT single player game with a wonderful storyline. I am so very annoyed that they linked your galactic readiness in single player to MP....

The game had my stats reset yesterday. 4000 kills gone. Me sad.

I guess it's good for me that I actually like the MP an can regain them in time...

:(that sucks! atleast you have a positive attitude about it lol. good luck and i hope it goes by fast, i know mine did when i was doing multiplayer.

Personally I HATE that your galactic readiness has anything to do with MP. I play certain games on MP like Gears of War and halo but Mass effect is a GREAT single player game with a wonderful storyline. I am so very annoyed that they linked your galactic readiness in single player to MP....

Something else I forgot to bitch about that I'm not sure if anybody else has mentioned....I fucking HATE BioWare for making your Galactic Readiness decrease if you DON'T play multiplayer. I had 100% Readiness and now I'm back down to 84% because I haven't played multiplayer in about a week. Sure, it didn't really go down much but the fact that to keep it up I actually have to constantly play online is ridiculously fucking stupid.

you know its starting to get to me as well. ive been putting off doing my shepard / liara playthru, which i was actually very excited for because i have allenko on that one. it just hinders my single player emmersion when i have to switch back and forth to keep readiness up? ehh, i suppose its not a big deal. but once i start a mass effect playthru i get emmerged, really dont want to be hopping back and forth. my first playthru i didnt even touch MP and went into the end with 50% readiness. so i already know thats crash and burn, now ima have to make sure it stays high thru-out the playthru:confused:

LOL I know this feeling. But listen to this...The first time I got to him I died probably 12+ times cursing and screaming the entire time. So I finally down him and get into the beam and on the loading screen up guess what? Fkn game freezes on me and then guess what else? I had to do that Marauder Shields shit all over again. So after a few more fails I beat him again. I have never been that frustrated at a game ever.

Interestingly enough I finished my PS3 insanity run last night and it only took me 2 attempts to take M. Shields down. I will never have to do this again, thank god.

So, I'm about half-way through my Insanity run (my 2nd play-through overall) and...

well... this might be kinda trivial compared to the other MUCH larger issues with ME3...

but what's really on my last nerve right now is that incredibly annoying last little step-n-half-rotation

that my Shepard does EVERY TIME that I try to stop in front of... ANYTHING!!:mad:

...but particularly in front of an interact-target. ARRGGHHHH!!! STOP!!!

:mad:

Am I the only one? Has it always done this going back to ME1 & ME2?

Maybe I just don't remember... but MAN is it bugging me now.

Okay, I'm better now. Thanks for letting me vent.

Cheers :drunk