How in all that is holy

Rapturous Rich

It's a little tricky, I have about 25 (and 1 SS!). Most are with the AA missiles, a few roadkills, the main gun in useful once you figure out how to range it in. If you just want to get it over with, I'd just unlock the AA missiles and take out enemy air from the middle of nowhere.

It's a little tricky, I have about 25 (and 1 SS!). Most are with the AA missiles, a few roadkills, the main gun in useful once you figure out how to range it in. If you just want to get it over with, I'd just unlock the AA missiles and take out enemy air from the middle of nowhere.

That would involve being able to use the damn thing...

Unlocked AA. And I just love disables so it's a good job that's all I get.

But how do you figure ranges out? Why can't get have something like the Mortar mini-map to help out, at least for the first few kills!

But how do you figure ranges out? Why can't get have something like the Mortar mini-map to help out, at least for the first few kills!

What i do is shoot all 6 missiles and then press start to look at the menu and bring up the map. Doing that will then show "ripples" on the map allowing you to know where your shots landed. That helped me get better at judging range and actually destroying enemy vehicles with it.

What i do is shoot all 6 missiles and then press start to look at the menu and bring up the map. Doing that will then show "ripples" on the map allowing you to know where your shots landed. That helped me get better at judging range and actually destroying enemy vehicles with it.

Art thou trolling, or dost thou speaketh the truth?

I was able to get most of the kills with the AA missiles. I got 4 kills by hiding the Artillery about 100 feet from E on Armored Kill. (not my fault they were all driving quad bikes and parked next to each other). It's about patience and location. I spent 5 minutes doing nothing except aiming at helicopters till the enemy finally made a move on E and that's when I unloaded.

May not work everytime, but there are places you can hide than blast away at when enemies move in.

Art thou trolling, or dost thou speaketh the truth?

Thou is speaking the truth. I stumbled upon it by luck. I was looking on the map to see where the enemy MA was after i had shot mine out and noticed the "ripples". I investigated and noticed they came from my own shots allowing me to see where they landed.

Trial and error, it depends a lot on whether you're level/above/below your intended target.

Trial and error, it depends a lot on whether you're level/above/below your intended target.

Yep, I've got 4 so far, road-killing hapless mortar idiots is fun.

Found that the range finder/target reticule is useless but it's easier to be parked facing down on a slope, that way you can drop the launch turret pretty low if you need to or else you might overshoot a target area too easily. Or shoot straight into the face of a clueless tank buster driver ;)

Now for the AA missiles.... only 8 more Gunship kills to go. :(

Thou is speaking the truth. I stumbled upon it by luck. I was looking on the map to see where the enemy MA was after i had shot mine out and noticed the "ripples". I investigated and noticed they came from my own shots allowing me to see where they landed.

Oooh.... must try!

Thanks for brotip! :D

I managed to get the 10 kills in 1 conquest game on Alborz Mountains. I just did the same way as the guy in the video from PS3 trophies and it worked like a charm :woop:

[edit] There you go:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmUHBgkpdaM]Battlefield 3 Destroyer Trophy/Achievement - Easy way to get Mobile Artillery kills - YouTube[/ame]

I managed to get the 10 kills in 1 conquest game on Alborz Mountains. I just did the same way as the guy in the video from PS3 trophies and it worked like a charm :woop:

[edit] There you go:

this is how i goit my kills.

the last game i got 7 kills, had no problem getting the aa, i dies a couple of times (suicide biker and a heli) waiting for ppl to show up though.

I got 3 kills with it, funny thing is that it was a triple roadkill. These fools came running straight at me trying to get all up in my hood. I just drove their asses over while laughing my ass off.

Sweetness. I am now imagining this is how you looked when they were running at you, insert an evil laugh to boot:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ8_BOXhJJaz1dqPOBzW-xH5PoI0ZOoNhZDuJfpF4faom-G45y

I managed the last of the needed assignment kills with a triple kill randomly firing the artillery at a flag being capped and got lucky. I'm sure Natrlkilla and Saint heard me howling like a madman :woop:

Those little ripple circles on the mini-map come in real handy for range, better than the reticule for sure!

Edited by Opiate42