Roadmap & Achievement Guide

1. It is story related, save before however as it has to go near perfect, not very hard tbh.

2. You beat her in the Kaedeweni Tournament and then go talk to her.

3. No idea still not done myself.

4. Easy just have full Adrenaline bar and be near 3 humans, won't work on anything else.

You can save before seducing Ves but I doubt you'll need a walkthrough once you see the options.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Easy just have full Adrenaline bar and be near 3 humans, won't work on anything else.

This is gonna seem like a dumb question, but what is the adrenaline bar, and when do i get one? I am in chapter 2, at level 16, and have no clue what it is. The only bars I know of are health, the XP bar above that (white), vigor, toxicity, and the vitality bars used for magic and blocking.

Also, do I just have to be near them, or do i have to get them all close to dying? After I am near them, how do i sue the adrenaline? Do i just press an attack button, or is it something else?

It's in the Swordsman part of the skills section, one of the ones on the far right, fills up by hitting monsters.

Doesn't matter how much health an opponent has, it'll kill it, works on almost every enemy, humans are the only ones you can Multi-Kill however, and yeah just be as near to the 3 as you can and press RB I think, just need full adrenaline bar.

I wonder if i will actually get it, then? I am already level 16 and am nowhere near the end of the skill tree. I was also told to try to make a rounded character, wth close to equal skill points I each tree. Doesn't seem like i will get enough if I only have less than 20 skill points left (the level cap is 35, I believe?). Out of the 10 points I could put into the other 3 skill trees (being unable to access them until I ht level 7), I only have 2 or 3 in each skill tree.

Do I have to only use points in Swordsman to get this ability? I am already halfway through chapter 2, and nly have one more chapter left. Doesn't seem like enough time to get what I need.

Rounded character :/

Even on Dark I was primarily one type(Swordsmen) and only invested into another(Signs) when I had all I needed and figured Quen would be better.

I think having one Primary and some in a secondary skill would be better than rounded.

You only need to put one point into a skill to be able to get the next one and the Whirl(Multi-Kill skill I think) is the one that needs 2 for the group finisher.

See this quest however to reset your skills - http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher2assassinsofkings/guide.asp?ID=11577

Even if it's only too get the achievement and then play on as normal.

The in game tips and several people here say to have a rounded character. Perhaps I should follow you and just do swordsman and sign sections. The alchmey section gave me double bomb damage, which is nice, but I think I can do without the rest. Especially since I need to get adrenaline abilities for an achievement.

As for only putting one point into skills, I have only been putting extra points into the ones with useful secondary points (like better health or extra vigor slots).

In any case, once I get to the quest you mention (which I was planning to use for some of the achievements that require the purchase of certain skills), I will use that to respec after getting those, then continue from there. I am on Roche's path now, so i have to wait for Act 3, though I believe I found the papers needed for it (good thing I store stuff like that!).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, someone who knows the answer will see this, cuz I don't want to start a new thread for it:

Anyways, I took on the sidequest "Little Sisters" and thought it was going okay, until a witch showed up and summoned a demon. After beating the demon, I got "quest phase failed", quickly followed by "quest failed". I know it was the choice I made, but that was done hours ago, and I have no way to go back.

I just want to make sure no achievements are gonna be screwed up by this. I didn't see anything in the achievement list that would indicate this, but it never hurts to be certain. I don't wanna kill myself for an achievement later, only to find I will never get it on this playthrough.

Confirming rokkyrok's notes that for the Necromancer achievement, after the third section (after harpies & traps; sneaking in the encampment), if you mess up, you cannot reenter the dreamed state again.

So a save as soon as that stage begins is recommended.

Hopefully, someone who knows the answer will see this, cuz I don't want to start a new thread for it:

Anyways, I took on the sidequest "Little Sisters" and thought it was going okay, until a witch showed up and summoned a demon. After beating the demon, I got "quest phase failed", quickly followed by "quest failed". I know it was the choice I made, but that was done hours ago, and I have no way to go back.

I just want to make sure no achievements are gonna be screwed up by this. I didn't see anything in the achievement list that would indicate this, but it never hurts to be certain. I don't wanna kill myself for an achievement later, only to find I will never get it on this playthrough.

No, there are no achievements related to that quest. You're fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@EJames: You actually press Up on the D-Pad to unleash the Adrenaline Attack.

3. How do you deflect arrows (for Ricochet)? I have Arrow Redirection skill, but no idea how to use it.

Simply hold Right Trigger down for Block, it should automatically happen. Make sure you find an archer though. (End of Act I Iorveth's path is a good spot to get this achievement fairly early.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

so everyone knows, the Dragonheart achievement is not a Iorveth path missable. it can be obtained on the Roche path too. instead of killing the dragon, choose to walk away and you will get the achievement, even though the description says "spare or save Saskia". not sure why it mentions Saskia when the achievement is based on the dragon, but whatever.

God I fall and fell in love with this game lots and lots like I felt with Mass Effect 3 so this game is my next in loved with.http://www.itrainnow.info/1.jpghttp://www.itrainnow.info/28.jpghttp://www.itrainnow.info/3.jpghttp://www.itrainnow.info/5.jpg http://www.itrainnow.info/4.jpghttp://www.itrainnow.info/29.jpg

so everyone knows, the Dragonheart achievement is not a Iorveth path missable. it can be obtained on the Roche path too. instead of killing the dragon, choose to walk away and you will get the achievement, even though the description says "spare or save Saskia". not sure why it mentions Saskia when the achievement is based on the dragon, but whatever.

It mentions Saskia because she is the dragon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...