Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

I can't remember if it's been posted or I've read it, but is the Drill achievement glitchy?

To confirm, restarting/dying on the first round does not reset anything and the achievement will not unlock if you carry unhurt.

My main problem is, that the achievement isn't unlocking. twice now, I've done this and got nothing and I'm a billion % confirming I didn't get hit! I'm doing this via chapter select, so it gets annoying when I have to run through the start of the chapter each time to then do it and get nothing.

Is there a reason why it's not unlocking? I shoot the thing right at the start of the 3rd round, is there a chance one of the feeders is hitting me during the drill breaking down? Also, I'm using a tactic where the enemies only spawn across from me, and using an over powered gun which kills anything in about 3 hits! So nothing is getting close to me!

Edit: Isn't it that little bit annoying that right after you make a post, you try again, do nothing different and it unlocks!

Still think it's a little temperamental!

Edited by Nozza

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember if it's been posted or I've read it, but is the Drill achievement glitchy?

To confirm, restarting/dying on the first round does not reset anything and the achievement will not unlock if you carry unhurt.

My main problem is, that the achievement isn't unlocking. twice now, I've done this and got nothing and I'm a billion % confirming I didn't get hit! I'm doing this via chapter select, so it gets annoying when I have to run through the start of the chapter each time to then do it and get nothing.

Is there a reason why it's not unlocking? I shoot the thing right at the start of the 3rd round, is there a chance one of the feeders is hitting me during the drill breaking down? Also, I'm using a tactic where the enemies only spawn across from me, and using an over powered gun which kills anything in about 3 hits! So nothing is getting close to me!

I just recently got this after 3 attempts at it an what I've noticed is that picking up med packs will be automatically used if you have a bit of damage, and that you must kill all Necro's in every wave.

I think for the most part it's all trial an error because I personally got hit on the first wave ran into the drill to restart, and from there on out I finished the drill section, and achievement popped when I got into the door. What I noticed though is you must kill every Necro on every wave, because every time I got to the last wave with the Feeders I tried to just hit the drill, which seemed to cancel the achievement

Unlimited Respawn Itens in Stage 8 :

Stop spamming your video. You have posted it multiple times already and it has nothing to do with achievements, so it doesn't even belong in this thread. On top of that, the method was shared by multiple people when the game first came out , so you are a couple of weeks too late.

If you want channel views, you are going about it the wrong way.

I'll fix the description saying "depending on what gun you use" or something. I know if it's the line gun you may get all 3 tentacles off certain enemies for example, while just shooting the legs will get you less.

I got this really fast by using a force gun/rocket launcher combo. Apparently, all of the limbs that were being blown off, even while an enemy was dying instantly from a rocket, were counting towards the total. I got the achievement before I killed my 10th alien (and I killed them all) so there were at least a few chapters left.

I can verify that stomping dead limbs does NOT count. I tried it and checked the counter during the same playthrough and the total didn't move.

Edited by ColdSpider72

I just recently got this after 3 attempts at it an what I've noticed is that picking up med packs will be automatically used if you have a bit of damage, and that you must kill all Necro's in every wave.

I think for the most part it's all trial an error because I personally got hit on the first wave ran into the drill to restart, and from there on out I finished the drill section, and achievement popped when I got into the door. What I noticed though is you must kill every Necro on every wave, because every time I got to the last wave with the Feeders I tried to just hit the drill, which seemed to cancel the achievement

I don't think this is it. I know of getting auto HP from meds if your inventory is full but anyway.

Waves 1/2 I killed everything before I took out the drill. I kept getting hit by the legs/tentacle necro's, so I decided to clear the area first before I took the drill out.

BUT, on wave 3, I went straight for the drill. You can do it so fast, that no feeder hits you and they automatically run once the cutscene takes place. I did this and it finally unlocked.

I can verify that stomping dead limbs does NOT count. I tried it and checked the counter during the same playthrough and the total didn't move.

There we go then. I did not know there was a option to see how many you've done. Looks like I had a bit of luck and took a load of limbs off.

-------------

Tyger - I have a pretty good tactic for the Drill achievement.

Wave 1: As you enter the 'arena' remember where you walk in. This part will get closed off to you when you release the drill. This spot right here is where you want to stand. Right in the middle of the door that closes on you.

Do so, you plant yourself between 2 necro vents. But being so close to them - one to the right near the drill and one your left - no enemies will spawn out of them! This means you can simply look across the area at the other 2 vents and get some nice shots but also have perfect distance from them.

The even better part is, the vent to the left section across from you, you can ignore. Reason being, when you release the drill, it'll simply pass right by you to the north section of the area. Doing so, you're out of the way of it's attacks plus the left side of enemies will walk right into it.

Once everything starts, take your spot and look to the right vent across from you and kill everything. Do not take out the drill. Once everything is dead, and on occasion check the left side just in case, take out the drill.

Wave 2: Repeat this process for wave 2 but you now have to kill the necros on the left. This time though the enemies are easier and die a lot faster.

Wave 3: Simply aim at the drill and nothing else. Wait until you see the big yellow switch come out and do your stasis/shoot combo. Do not stasis early, or you'll have an issue with the feeders and will more then likely get hit.

If you're fast enough, you'll destroy the drill just as the feeders come out of the vents but they will not attack you.

Note: The spot I've given where you must hold up is perfect. If you move too far away from that position to anywhere else, the other vents will produce necros which you don't want!

It's similar to your tactics, but you do not need to stasis the drill at all until you want to damage it. This saves you getting hit by the necros and helps you concentrate on them. As long as you have a good, maybe overpowered, gun to kill them off quick, you'll never get hit by the drill.

I've noticed in some of the threads people have been complaining about getting the Axes High Achievement. I found an easy way to do it in Chapter 10, in the same place where you get the Drill Master Achievement. I posted the description in the Appropriate Thread, but thought you might want to make a note of it where you list the Achievement Opportunity for Drill Master.

I don't know if it is really needed anymore, but my completion times were as follows:

Standard (easy) - 17:54:45 - 100% complete (only thing I didn't finish was fodder axe kills)

Classic - 9:33:02

Pure Survival - 6:31:47 (using the Devil's Horns)

I would assume my Hardcore playthrough will be about the same length as my Pure Survival playthrough.

I've noticed in some of the threads people have been complaining about getting the Axes High Achievement. I found an easy way to do it in Chapter 10, in the same place where you get the Drill Master Achievement. I posted the description in the Appropriate Thread, but thought you might want to make a note of it where you list the Achievement Opportunity for Drill Master.

I can't find your post. You sure you posted it?

I am having some trouble getting the devil horns on my pure survival play through. I could easily beat the playthrough but i have so much god dam fun with those horns. I deleted my cache, started the game and didn't update, loaded my beat classic profile and then did newgame+ and made my own save for it. Started the new saves game up on pure survival and got to where the first bench was and there was no devil horns in the safe. Not sure what i did wrong.

I am having some trouble getting the devil horns on my pure survival play through. I could easily beat the playthrough but i have so much god dam fun with those horns. I deleted my cache, started the game and didn't update, loaded my beat classic profile and then did newgame+ and made my own save for it. Started the new saves game up on pure survival and got to where the first bench was and there was no devil horns in the safe. Not sure what i did wrong.

Do you have the DLC? Seems a lot of people are having this issue after downloading it. Only thing I can think of is to delete the DLC and try getting it in your bank after clearing cache and refusing the update to play offline until you get to a work bench. I'm still waiting for a confirmation by someone to let us know that deleting the DLC works. I think there might be a patch within the DLC, and no matter what update you refuse it's still there because the file you downloaded.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is the final point i can go back to any of these coop missions?

I started playing by myself right now and made it up to the coop mission in chapter 4 i dont want to play too far because i dont want to miss out on achievements. I have another friend getting the game back this week. Can i go back to all these coop missions and just enjoy the game? Without having to do them on a harder run through of the game.

What is the final point i can go back to any of these coop missions?

I started playing by myself right now and made it up to the coop mission in chapter 4 i dont want to play too far because i dont want to miss out on achievements. I have another friend getting the game back this week. Can i go back to all these coop missions and just enjoy the game? Without having to do them on a harder run through of the game.

You can use chapter select to go back and select the co-op missions at any time once you have completed those chapters.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...