Mission 7 (The Composer) Not counting as completed???

SD332

I was running through the last few missions of campaign a few nights ago to finally finish up the story. So, after I beat mission 7, The Composer, I noticed the achievement for finishing the level didn't pop. While I was a little confused, I just shrugged it off, thinking i'd just replay it later.

So, I finished the final mission and the 'chevie for 'Midnight' unlocked, and I patiently waited for my 'Complete Campaign' achievement. Alas sadly, it never did. I remembered 'The Composer'; and sure enough, when I checked the mission select option in the campaign menu, it didn't say I had completed it.

Not really too mad, I just loaded up mission seven again and blew through it on normal. Still no unlock. Hell, it still hasn't said I've even completed it!

So, anyone else having this problem? If so, any solutions? I'm out 30 Gamerscore, and I'm pretty sure I cant get any of the other 'complete campaign' achievement variations.

I havn't heard of anyone having this problem, only thing I can think to suggest is start mission six at the last rally point so the game progresses you into 7 itself and try and power through. Have no idea if this will actually work, but just a suggestion

I was running through the last few missions of campaign a few nights ago to finally finish up the story. So, after I beat mission 7, The Composer, I noticed the achievement for finishing the level didn't pop. While I was a little confused, I just shrugged it off, thinking i'd just replay it later.

So, I finished the final mission and the 'chevie for 'Midnight' unlocked, and I patiently waited for my 'Complete Campaign' achievement. Alas sadly, it never did. I remembered 'The Composer'; and sure enough, when I checked the mission select option in the campaign menu, it didn't say I had completed it.

Not really too mad, I just loaded up mission seven again and blew through it on normal. Still no unlock. Hell, it still hasn't said I've even completed it!

So, anyone else having this problem? If so, any solutions? I'm out 30 Gamerscore, and I'm pretty sure I cant get any of the other 'complete campaign' achievement variations.

Same thing happened to me on Misson 4 "Infinity".

Just completed the game, no achievement for completing it and no achievement for mission 4. Tried blasting through the last checkpoint, still nothing.

Really pissed off atm. If anyone figures this out, let me know.

hi there,

i think you got off lightly, i lost my first five levels.

i was playing through on solo legendary upto level seven, when i completed it i got the cheev for completing the level as i did for the other six.

but when the progress bar popped up it said 5 of 8 levels completed in legendary even though id just finished seven.

so i exited and went to the campaign level select and the first five levels are locked out and blank and the last three are open with six and seven having the legendary sheild. also my service record says seven levels complete.

annoying to say the least cause i gotta do em again.

plus i lost all my terminal progress

• 2 weeks later...

Did anybody ever figure this problem out? I've managed to beat the game on Heroic without any issues, but last night when a buddy and I replayed the game on Legendary neither one of us got the achievement because it says we haven't beaten mission 7 on Legendary. We played straight through from mission 6 to mission 7 to mission 8 without leaving the game (didn't go back to the menu at all) or manually reloading a checkpoint, only dying-and-reloading that way, so there doesn't seem to be any logical explanation for why we didn't get credit.

I'd really rather not replay that mission again on Legendary just to get the achievement, especially if that potentially isn't going to fix the problem.

Happened to me many times, almost on every level.

From what I've experienced, the game does not give you an Achievement for completing a Mission if you begin playing on it partially ahead of the Mission already, on a fresh console boot.

For example: You beat Mission 1, Achievement unlocked for that, you watch the opening cutscene for Mission 2, then you Save & Exit. The next time you boot your 360, and play Mission 2 from there (where the opening cutscene for Mission 2 has elapsed already), you won't get the Mission 2 Achievement. I'm not sure if it's the same if you keep your 360 running and continue a Mission - if you'll still get the Achievement this way.

The reason being I play Halo 4 sparsely due to work. I only play 1 Mission a night or day. Once I finish a mission, I just Save & Exit once the next mission's cutscene starts playing. I then continue from there the next day I play, and I found out I get no Mission Achievement for doing that. So what I do is restart/relaunch the Mission from Rally Point Alpha all the time.

Long story short, on your next 360 boot, just restart/relaunch the Mission from Rally Point Alpha to be sure to get the Mission-specific Achievement.

Happened to me many times, almost on every level.

From what I've experienced, the game does not give you an Achievement for completing a Mission if you begin playing on it partially ahead of the Mission already, on a fresh console boot.

For example: You beat Mission 1, Achievement unlocked for that, you watch the opening cutscene for Mission 2, then you Save & Exit. The next time you boot your 360, and play Mission 2 from there (where the opening cutscene for Mission 2 has elapsed already), you won't get the Mission 2 Achievement. I'm not sure if it's the same if you keep your 360 running and continue a Mission - if you'll still get the Achievement this way.

The reason being I play Halo 4 sparsely due to work. I only play 1 Mission a night or day. Once I finish a mission, I just Save & Exit once the next mission's cutscene starts playing. I then continue from there the next day I play, and I found out I get no Mission Achievement for doing that. So what I do is restart/relaunch the Mission from Rally Point Alpha all the time.

Long story short, on your next 360 boot, just restart/relaunch the Mission from Rally Point Alpha to be sure to get the Mission-specific Achievement.

What you described as your problem doesn't really seem to apply to me, since it occurred for me on the middle of three missions that were played straight through. I figured I should just go back and start that mission from scratch, I would just hate to waste my time doing so if it wasn't going to fix anything.

This just happened to me upon completing the game. No achievement for the completion. Upon further inspection, I have to play Forrunner over because I didn't get credit for completing that mission. Oh well, It's not like I won't be playing the shit out of this game anyway on a multitude of difficulties. What a fucking awesome game!