Shutdown Servers (Xbox 360/Xbox One/WP/W8/GFWL)

THE DEADLY DOG

i think when they shut down a server they should make it so any online achievements pop. theres a couple games i cant finish because the servers are off lol

I can't see that happening but that's why I don't online only achievements.

Also all the unachievable achievements be due to glitches should be unlocked.

I can't see that happening but that's why I don't online only achievements.

Also all the unachievable achievements be due to glitches should be unlocked.

yeah i despise multiplayer achievements. or any online achievements for that matter because either servers get shutdown or servers are dead. look at vampire rain that has 20 achievements 15 of which are online. that game has 0 community so achievements were unobtainable lol.

i love playing multiplayer i just hate online achievements

• 2 weeks later...
I guess this list is for 360 only, not GFWL or Windows Phone. Edit: yep, just read thread title lol.

Very useful though. Did any of the THQ games get shut down yet?

If someone was willing to compile the GFWL and Windows Phone and give me links I would gladly post them. I'm strapped for time and can't go out and hunt myself.

• 4 weeks later...
The list needs updating:

- WWE Smackdown Vs RAW 2011

- WWE '12

The servers are down, so you can't 1000G them.

Added them. Thanks for the heads up Beast.

Are Full Auto's servers down? I've tried playing it online recently, but could not once get into a match. I'm assuming servers for it are no longer active?

Same story with Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. Tried playing that game online with no luck.

Anyone else having no luck with Full Auto or Quake Wars?

Fatal if you wanted to see if you could find some official statement we could add them.

Edit:

What's up with WWE Smackdown Vs RAW 2007 and 2008? Any multiplayer achievements linked to them? I'm assuming the servers are down but I do not own the games.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

Anyone else having no luck with Full Auto or Quake Wars?

Fatal if you wanted to see if you could find some official statement we could add them.

That would be great. Thanks :)

If servers for these games are down, then there's no point in keeping them. After all, both of these games are fun when you're playing with other people, not dim AI :p

• 1 month later...

Normally I wouldn't double post but I figure this deserved it's own, currently a scare is going on at the sister site about all the GameSpy servers going down:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/231000-gamespy-services-will-ending-may-31st-2014-assistance-needed.html

A few weeks ago mysteriously a bunch of GameSpy games stopped working (a few kept working) and then after a few hours things went back to normal. Then recently the server closure post linked to on that page came up.

I theorize this may not effect games on Xbox Live but who knows, I wouldn't be doing my duty if I didn't warn you guys.

Normally I wouldn't double post but I figure this deserved it's own, currently a scare is going on at the sister site about all the GameSpy servers going down:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-games-discussion/231000-gamespy-services-will-ending-may-31st-2014-assistance-needed.html

A few weeks ago mysteriously a bunch of GameSpy games stopped working (a few kept working) and then after a few hours things went back to normal. Then recently the server closure post linked to on that page came up.

I theorize this may not effect games on Xbox Live but who knows, I wouldn't be doing my duty if I didn't warn you guys.

It's not a scare; GameSpy is actually shutting down the servers to games released in 2010 and older:

http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/projects/2010-titles/

It's not a scare; GameSpy is actually shutting down the servers to games released in 2010 and older:

http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/projects/2010-titles/

No one mentioned any server problems when the PS3 got it the other week.

Never the less, I still posted it here for anyone to try and complete games they care about in case a worse case scenario does happen.