Ghost Recon Future Soldier - 100% Tactical Challenges Guide

Anyone else run into the issue where if you don't complete a mission it takes away the challenges you completed when you come back? I know it says you only need to make a checkpoint and I'm sure I have. I noticed this originally on an early mission and then more specifically on mission 8 - deep fire.

During my first sitting I completed Undetected and Roger Dodger, I play to the part just before the helipad when you hold out against all the enemies swarming around above from all sides. Surely there had to be a checkpoint after at least the Undetected challenge was completed. When I continued playing later that day neither of these challenges were checked.

Is there a certain way to ensure the game saves, I know I quit after an auto save, which I assumed were checkpoints. Any help, tips, advice would be appreciated.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else run into the issue where if you don't complete a mission

it takes away the challenges you completed when you come back?

YES! And thanks for bringing this up.

I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one.

I start my 2nd playthrough, using this awesome

guide by PowerPyx of course, and I start with Mission 1 for

the 1st and 2nd Tac-Challenges. I get them both, get to the

next check-point, and quit. I'm about to start Mission 2,

but first I decide to go back and make sure they saved...

but they didn't. :confused: What the hell?

So, I go back and do it again, but this time I play the Mission

all the way to the end. And lo and behold, they saved.

So with that in mind, I've been making sure to re-play each

of these Missions all the way to the end. That seems to be

working fine, and all the Tac-Challenges have been saving.

Cheers :drunk

Mr Yac already posted this and I will see your post as a confirmation that it works.

I will add it to the written part of the guide as a quote and give both of you credit for this strategy.

Completely missed Mr Yac's post: whoops. Feel free to remove the credits you kindly gave. What I posted isn't really deserving of credits as it already been posted. Keep that spot for someone who actually adds something original. :)

To the guy who created the list: I'd take a sniper not named MSR

or MK110 (i believe that's the one the teammates carry). The MSR

you can find in countless weapon boxes. But that's a great list!

Thanks man. Glad it helped. And thanks to PowerPyx for giving me Credit.

And just to clarify, that list I made was sequential, and was updated

after each confirmed kill (by checking the Challenges List). And I only

made the list to keep track of which weapons I had used so I wouldn't

double up.

But you're right, I picked the one sniper rifle that was available at every

weapons box I found (MSR). Dohhh. So I shoulda picked something

different (and other than the MK110).

So this means that it's actually possible to get all 15 long before you

reach that Tank Convoy checkpoint. Wow.

Cheers :drunk

Mission 9 - "Valiant Hammer" - Difficulty 3/5:

3) Innovative Diversity: Your squad must kill enemies with at least 15 different weapons

Tactic: Always check the weapons that are dropped by enemies! Pick them up if you didn't perform a kill with them already. When starting the mission I'd recommend to equip the VSS Sniper Rifle and P90 SMG, since these weapons won't appear anywhere during the mission and are good to take out the first couple enemies. Also check weapon boxes and switch your weapons after every kill.

not that this one is all that hard, but just to let you guys know grenades do count towards it. so you can frag and incendiary for those last 2 kills if you're having trouble

I'd like to extend a congratulations, as well as a thank you to everyone who had a hand in creating and updating this guide, as there are a few challenges in this amazing game that are simply driving me up the wall, haha! It must have taken a lot of time and effort to put this guide together, and I know that I am personally very grateful that you've all done so.

So, thank you! Now, I'm off to complete some challenges! :D

A great help to ease the pain of many hours of suffering XD. Just to add on Mission 6 - "Firefly Rain" from 7:05 after you take down the 2 snipers and the guy on the catwalk, you can just sneak all the way down the right side into the hanger then around the back without killing any more guards. Might help for time challenge

Anyone else run into the issue where if you don't complete a mission it takes away the challenges you completed when you come back? I know it says you only need to make a checkpoint and I'm sure I have. I noticed this originally on an early mission and then more specifically on mission 8 - deep fire.

During my first sitting I completed Undetected and Roger Dodger, I play to the part just before the helipad when you hold out against all the enemies swarming around above from all sides. Surely there had to be a checkpoint after at least the Undetected challenge was completed. When I continued playing later that day neither of these challenges were checked.

Is there a certain way to ensure the game saves, I know I quit after an auto save, which I assumed were checkpoints. Any help, tips, advice would be appreciated.

YES! I was just about to post this. Super fucking annoying. I had 3 missions that I stopped mid way through because it was late. Next day I continued on, completed the remaining challenges, only to find the the challenges I completed the night before were NOT credited at the post mission screen. So angry about that. Especially for swamp fox on the last level. I had all but the last 2 challenge done on that mission. Shut it off because the last part of the mission was pissing me off. So of course I lost all the challenges for that mission. So frustrating running after those two tools at the end on elite. And not looking forward to going undetected until the swamp on elite again. GRRR>

It would be so nice if you could just get the challenges that were missed, get to the next checkpoint then quit to the menu and get credit without needing to complete the whole mission. I kind of doubt that will be the case though.

It would be so nice if you could just get the challenges that were missed, get to the next checkpoint then quit to the menu and get credit without needing to complete the whole mission. I kind of doubt that will be the case though.

thats how they worked for me, i didn't have to finish the level for challanges to count

thats how they worked for me, i didn't have to finish the level for challanges to count

Yeah I can confirm that now. Thankfully you can quit out once the challenge is complete and still get credit for it. I guess it is just the first run that if you shut it off and then try at a latter time that the challenges don't register.

Can any1 please help me with the swamp fox challenge i have a mic been stuck at it for a while GT Kracker254

Is this the challenge of reaching the Swamp Undetected? I did this last night, it took one or two tries but ended up being pretty easy. If you'd like, PM me and I'll tell you what I did

Mission 7 - No Safe Distance: Every time I shoot the 3 or 4 on the left-hand side, the far right of the three shooting through the windows always sees a dead body. Every. Time. :mad:

Edit: Finally! Not that time. :)

You need to shoot the guys on the left from a better spot so that the body drops behind the vehicle and isn't seen by the 3 at the front door of the safehouse. It is always the guy on the right of that group of 3 that sees the body. Best bet is to make sure that you and one of your squad shoot the two behind the truck from the right side of the short back retaining wall. that way the bodies fall to the left and are hidden buy the vehicle from the door guy.

The Invisible Bear mission where I need to kill 10 Bodarks while under the EMP is really pissing me off. I'll throw an EMP on the guy, watch him lose his invisibility, kill him and it doesn't register on my count. I have no idea what to do.

The Invisible Bear mission where I need to kill 10 Bodarks while under the EMP is really pissing me off. I'll throw an EMP on the guy, watch him lose his invisibility, kill him and it doesn't register on my count. I have no idea what to do.

Ok, I got this but it was still happening where one or two of them didn't register as I dropped an EMP right on them. I got through the first section with 6 kills. Entering the office at the end, that was much easier to rack up the remaining kills.