Peacekeeper SMG impressions...

Hagane

Really, the thing that will make me buy the SP at this point is the Peacekeeper- I'm not exactly thrilled about Turned or any of the maps (although I must admit that Hydro does sound interesting), so please post whatever you think about it! :D

I'm curious to see whether it's unique or just a shiny MSMC clone.

EDIT:

Just from some random Youtube videos I found that it has:

30 round magazine, moderate rate of fire, moderate/high damage, high accuracy

How does it feel in your hands though? :p

Edited by Hagane

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an SMG therefore it's OP and eats cock. Real men use crossbows.

I don't care about things being OP or not, I'm not really a competitive player. I just want to know what kinds of numbers this thing gives. (ROF, Range, Damage, etc)

Can you not have an impression of something without actually trying it? :eek:

Also, why post if you don't know anything on the topic?

Uuuuuhhhhmmmm I guess? But if I didn't try it then my impression would be a little bit useless woudn't it? Maybe when I actually try it it's much different then I expected so yeah.....................pointless (same as this topic so far)

I do know something in this topic and that's that nobody cares and further I refer you to the 2nd post in this topic. Those things are facts and 1000 times better to read then impressions imo

Uuuuuhhhhmmmm I guess? But if I didn't try it then my impression would be a little bit useless woudn't it? Maybe when I actually try it it's much different then I expected so yeah.....................pointless (same as this topic so far)

I do know something in this topic and that's that nobody cares and further I refer you to the 2nd post in this topic. Those things are facts and 1000 times better to read then impressions imo

It wouldn't be a useless impression just because you think it would be, I'm asking for feedback; not you. (Then again, judging by the quality of your previous posts... yeah, I agree with you on that. :D)

Right then, again- thanks for your time. Enjoy increasing your post count (or whatever it is you're doing) two useless posts at a time! :)

My opinion - it's going to suck. I also believe that it won't support camos or even attachments. Just my thought.

I've seen a video where it had a sight, but then again... it was a dev team. :p

The "no camos" thought though... might be spot on, since they'd have to make a special tier for it. (I'd think, anyway.)

I've seen a video where it had a sight, but then again... it was a dev team. :p

The "no camos" thought though... might be spot on, since they'd have to make a special tier for it. (I'd think, anyway.)

Treyarch did a Q&A and it does have camos, to get it diamond you need all the other SMGs gold. If you don't have the SMGs gold yet though and you have the peacekeeper, getting gold on all the base SMGs is enough to get the base SMGs diamond. So it's sort of exclusive, but to get it diamond you need the others gold.

Edited by Harry94

Treyarch did a Q&A and it does have camos, to get it diamond you need all the other SMGs gold. If you don't have the SMGs good yet though and you have the peacekeeper, getting good on all the base SMGs is enough to get the base SMGs diamond. So it's sort of exclusive, but to get it diamond you need the others gold.

Sounds tedious x_x

What if you're trying to get the Diamond camo for base SMGs? (Would you have to get the Peacekeeper to Gold if you have access to it?)

Sounds tedious x_x

What if you're trying to get the Diamond camo for base SMGs? (Would you have to get the Peacekeeper to Gold if you have access to it?)

From Vonderhaar's Twitter.

If you have Diamond SMGs, you have to level up the Peacekeeper to Gold to unlock its Diamond camo.

You *do not* need to level up the Peacekeeper, to get Diamond on the rest of the SMGs. All will go Diamond when you get them Gold.

After a few games using the Peacekeeper, it feels like a solid weapon. The description is perfect: an SMG/AR hybrid. It doesnt feel as OP as the Scorpion or the MSMC - but the few games I played with it, I did very well. Actually,first time playing Grind I got my swarm playing domination.

In relation to the Camo for the PK - You need to complete ALL the challenges to obtain diamond camo (just like any other gun)!

I'm sure all the whiners will get it nerfed at some point down the road cause they don't want to buy the DLC!

Honestly, I feel Treyarch did a good job keeping the PK pretty balanced; and it is. People who do not purchase the DLC and get killed by players using the PK will whine that it is OP; simply for the fact that they will be unable to use it.

Every time I die by it (which is every time I die in this fucking DLC cause Treyarch is dumb enough to release ONE weapon with it) it feels like I die from one shot, but when I use it, it takes at least 4. Sucks in my hands, fucking extremely good in others'. Lag maybe? Either way, it's annoying seeing the same gun over and over.

And then I heard some guy in a lobby say, "of course these noobs dropped my KD down" and I remembered I'm playing Call of Duty.

Edited by Spock

Personally I think it's a great little gun, good accuracy, good power, still not as powerful as the MSMC tho imo, but the range on it is pretty impressive for an SMG. The new maps are great too, there's always gonna be haters tho.

This post +1

This is exactly how I feel.

Personally I think it's a great little gun, good accuracy, good power, still not as powerful as the MSMC tho imo, but the range on it is pretty impressive for an SMG. The new maps are great too, there's always gonna be haters tho.

100% agree with you. Basically, if the M27 and PDW had some nasty, disgusting, and greasy gun-sex, the Peacekeeper would be the result.

Every time I die by it (which is every time I die in this fucking DLC cause Treyarch is dumb enough to release ONE weapon with it) it feels like I die from one shot, but when I use it, it takes at least 4. Sucks in my hands, fucking extremely good in others'. Lag maybe? Either way, it's annoying seeing the same gun over and over.

And then I heard some guy in a lobby say, "of course these noobs dropped my KD down" and I remembered I'm playing Call of Duty.

I played 4 games this morning on the new maps, all domination. Just as anticipated, one gigantic camp fest; Hydro being the worst. The amount of headglitch spots around B are awful. Every time I was able to sneak around the map and flank them, the entire team was either 1.) Headglitching behind the large power box on the little hill or 2.) Inside the building slightly above it.

To put the icing on the cake - received hatemail from a squeaker calling me a camper because I knifed him in the back at least 7 times.....all while he was headglitching at B. To make it even sweeter, his xbox motto was : STOP CAMPING. Gave me a great LoL to start my day.

Edited by Purple Hooter

I think the Peacekeeper is a pretty great gun. Good damage, accuracy's decent, recoil's manageable (provided you fire in bursts) and it looks cool to boot. If you ask me, the Peacekeeper is the main attraction in this map pack because, aside from Chaos Mode in MW3, no map pack in Call of Duty offered anything else other than mere maps.