Rise of the Argonauts Walkthrough

Ben 1262

I just wanted to post and say that this guide was great, and with a bit of deed wrangling and reloading I was able to get all 1000/1000 in a single play-through using this. Thanks for your work on this guide!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, first thanks for this great guide. It helped me a lot to get some missed achievements. After my first playthrough, I followed your guide in my second playthrough but for some reason I didn't get my "Corona" achievement.

Here is a list of my game, maybe can you tell me what did I wrong?

First I think this is the reason why I didn't get the achievement, I missed one from PARTHENOS, SPEAR OF VIRTUE: During your journey you will meet many companions. Learn from them.

I didn't get the achievement for PARTHEMOS thats why I think.

I Also found a hint that you need to speak everytime with every character on the ares, and select the 4th option all the time, until it is not available anymore is this right? (I did not for medusa).

And second, every constelations looks like its completed (white).

I have maxed out Athena and Apollo aspects complete.

I don't have maxed out Ares and Hermes.

I have THE TOP 4 DEEDS FOR DEIMOS, FIST OF ARES & ZEPHYRUS, WIND SHEAR.

[complete] PYGMALION, VOICE OF APOLLO

[complete] HELIOS, SEARING BRILLIANCE

[complete] URSA MAJOR, GREAT BEAR

[complete] LEO, SAVAGE LION

[complete] CORVUS, EYES OF HECATE

[complete] AURIGA, WILL OF ARES

[complete] CEPHEUS, EXALTED KING

[complete] ARA, CONDUIT OF THE GODS

[complete] ERIDANUS, RIVER STYX

[complete] LIBRA, SCALES OF JUSTICE

[complete] AQUARIUS, PERLESS WARRIOR

[complete] CENTAURUS, HONORED ALEPH

[complete] LUPUS, FEROCIOUS WOLF

[complete] SAGITTARIUS, VISION OF HERMES

[missing] ARGO NAVIS, THE ARGO > "Assemble the crew of the Argo"

[missing] DEIMOS, FIRST OF ARES > "Reach the final tier of Are's Favor" > "Stun 35 enemies with mace attack" > "Acquire all 25 ares aspects"

[missing] DRACO, CONDEMNED DRAGON > "Destroy 15 birthing pods" > "Destroy 7 birthing pods"

[missing] VIRGO, WISDOM OF ATHENA > The 3 empty spots you allready told

[missing] ZEPHYRUS, WIND SHEAR > "Lecerate 35 enemies with sword attacks" > "Acquire all 25 of hermes aspects" > "Reach the final tier of herme's favor"

if you could give me a hint I would be pleased.

greetings!

Edited by grasn

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, first thanks for this great guide. It helped me a lot to get some missed achievements. After my first playthrough, I followed your guide in my second playthrough but for some reason I didn't get my "Corona" achievement.

Here is a list of my game, maybe can you tell me what did I wrong?

First I think this is the reason why I didn't get the achievement, I missed one from PARTHENOS, SPEAR OF VIRTUE: During your journey you will meet many companions. Learn from them.

I didn't get the achievement for PARTHEMOS thats why I think.

I Also found a hint that you need to speak everytime with every character on the ares, and select the 4th option all the time, until it is not available anymore is this right? (I did not for medusa).

And second, every constelations looks like its completed (white).

I have maxed out Athena and Apollo aspects complete.

I don't have maxed out Ares and Hermes.

I have THE TOP 4 DEEDS FOR DEIMOS, FIST OF ARES & ZEPHYRUS, WIND SHEAR.

[complete] PYGMALION, VOICE OF APOLLO

[complete] HELIOS, SEARING BRILLIANCE

[complete] URSA MAJOR, GREAT BEAR

[complete] LEO, SAVAGE LION

[complete] CORVUS, EYES OF HECATE

[complete] AURIGA, WILL OF ARES

[complete] CEPHEUS, EXALTED KING

[complete] ARA, CONDUIT OF THE GODS

[complete] ERIDANUS, RIVER STYX

[complete] LIBRA, SCALES OF JUSTICE

[complete] AQUARIUS, PERLESS WARRIOR

[complete] CENTAURUS, HONORED ALEPH

[complete] LUPUS, FEROCIOUS WOLF

[complete] SAGITTARIUS, VISION OF HERMES

[missing] ARGO NAVIS, THE ARGO > "Assemble the crew of the Argo"

[missing] DEIMOS, FIRST OF ARES > "Reach the final tier of Are's Favor" > "Stun 35 enemies with mace attack" > "Acquire all 25 ares aspects"

[missing] DRACO, CONDEMNED DRAGON > "Destroy 15 birthing pods" > "Destroy 7 birthing pods"

[missing] VIRGO, WISDOM OF ATHENA > The 3 empty spots you allready told

[missing] ZEPHYRUS, WIND SHEAR > "Lecerate 35 enemies with sword attacks" > "Acquire all 25 of hermes aspects" > "Reach the final tier of herme's favor"

if you could give me a hint I would be pleased.

greetings!

exactly the same here. when ben says that the corona achievement popped up when he completed the bear, i completed helios. but no corona. i have everything like you said (all constelations look completed) and corona still says that i haven't done all of them. hmm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bloddy arsehole bastard shrines. I KNOW I have got them all, but its not popped. Gah. I'm hoping they'll turn up late. The achievement for 10 God powers didn't churn out until I'd used 13 of them, so I'm hoping the shrines will just decide to be counted at some point. I don't mind running thorugh it again if needs be, but I'd rather not.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Agreed on the shrines, I followed the walkthrough very carefully so I can only assume the weird save system screwed me. Must have failed to proceed to a checkpoint after hitting a shrine and the next load erased that progress...?

Very strangley, my Corona Borealis constellation also does not show me having completed Parthenos, Helios, Deimos & Wind Shear...all of which are lit up. They are still missing a deed or two each, which were not required for completion...but they are for Corona? That can't be possible, since you can't get all 25 x 4 aspects in one game.

Whatever, 900 pts is cool by me on a game I found enjoyable.

Very strangley, my Corona Borealis constellation also does not show me having completed Parthenos, Helios, Deimos & Wind Shear...all of which are lit up. They are still missing a deed or two each, which were not required for completion...but they are for Corona? That can't be possible, since you can't get all 25 x 4 aspects in one game.

You don't have to complete all four of them, but you do have to complete at least one of them.

Hmm, in that case, does the Hecate shrine you smash towards the end count as an altar/shrine? I don't think that deed popped for me when I got to it, so probably not. But if so, I could go back to a Tartarus save and max out Hermes, who only has "max favor" and "25 aspects" undone.

No, wait, the one god I did max was Athena, and I'm pretty sure that though I started Iolcus finale without 35 critical hits, I got them by the end. Still no Corona. Musta missed a damn shrine, who knows where.

I learned to do that to, and it's worth stating clearly for those looking at this thread for advice: any manual save should be right after you see the shield pop up on the lower right ton indicate an auto-save checkpoint. Manually save just one step before that point, and a death or quit will set you back to the previous checkpoint, easily leading to a missed shrine.

I can also confirm that the Hecate Shrine in the Iolcus finale doesn't count, as the walkthrough seemed to indicate (by omission). I jumped on last night to double check, and had Warden of Apollo and Warden of Athena on my Corona constellation just before the final boss fight.

• 3 weeks later...

Hay there i bought the game about a week and a half ago as i really wanted this wen it came out but due to the awful critics it got, i never got it hense a year and a half later comment .lol

I just wanted to say thx again to Ben for all the effort he put in i got the corona cheevo no problem due to the hard work and dedication that went in to this guide. I thoroughly enjoyed this game even though i was going in to it thinking it was gunna be shite. just knowing youve literally done everything in a game is always awsome and rewarding. plus every 1 luves a cheevo. lol

Ye thx Ben for thois awsomme guide, anyone else who thinks of getting this game do because its awsomme and theres a great guide for free :) -

1 little comment i thought id mention for future gamers- wen going for revive 10 argonauts easiest i found, wen fighting hip,nage or watever the name was lol , i took pan and atalanta with me and wen you fight it both times nock the diffiulty up to legend and hide behind pan by like 5 feet and hip,nage will get stuck infront of them so kiccking the shit out of comrades you sneak in for a save reall easy i got 6 done on first meeting lol just a little tip i thought id mention if anyone still plays this game lol

Kl thx Highly recommended lascks a little fighting but overall a great game for Greek mythology fans :) last playthrough on legend and that snacks me a 1000 :) thx:woop:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A really well written and easy to understand guide. Kudos, Ben! =3

I was wondering if anyone had trouble finding all the shrines and alters with this guide?

This is my 2nd playthrough and I followed the guide to the dot, and I didn't find all the shrines and alters (just entering Tartarus now).

It may (hopefully is) be because of a save messing with my run, but before I take a wack at it for the 3rd time for this achievement, it would be great to know if it was my save that messed up or not. ^^

• 1 month later...