My Player Boosting

BladeMDP

I'm not sure if you've seen my posts in prior years on how to "boost" for MyCareer (formerly known as MyPlayer). Well, here we go again!

If you don’t know it already, whatever roster you have “loaded up” when you start MyCareer is what carries over into it. So, the key is to have a roster altered to your advantage. Last year, in NBA2k12, I went through the rosters of each team, lowered all the player's attributes to minimum, made their heights 5'3", and adjusted other things as well:

1. Gave them all 5 year contracts with no trade clauses

2. Made the majority of their abilities (dribbling, shooting) poor

3. lowered shot tendency on all types to 0 except for 3 pt shots, made that 99

This year, Chadilacchavez was gracious enough to do roster alterations. GIVE HIM MAJOR PROPS AND THANKS! He did this for every team except for the Hornets, which will have your normal rated players.

So, you need to download his roster. You can download it by searching his gamertag (at the download rosters screen, click on “Y’ to search by gt). The roster is named MBBL. Once you download it, save it.

You can even take a step further and boost all the players on the Hornets, EXCEPT FOR WHATEVER POSITION YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY. So, for instance, I always play PG, so I left all the PGs on the Hornet at the lowest rating. Not sure if you realize it, but this year you can add players from the historical teams to rosters, so I put Dikembe Mutombo, Pete Maravich, Sidney Moncrief, and Dennis Rodman on the Hornets, maxing out their stats as well (if you do something like that, make sure you adjust their contracts, to 5 years and “yes” to the no trade clause).

Go ahead create your MyCareer player. I always do PG, because I find that it is easiest to make the Hall of Fame with (can easily do it in two seasons). So, I created the MyCareer PG (I always do all-around).

You will now go onto Rookie Showcase. You will see that all the players will be 5’3” and slow and horrible. You should easily be able to get an A+ rating for the game (I had 65 points, 15 rebounds, 20 steals, and 20 assists and didn’t play much of the 4th quarter).

BIG TIP: I know in the past some people have had trouble with the steals. I highly recommend you play on 2K camera view (where the view is going from top to bottom). To get steals, I give the opponent a chance to inbound the ball, then try to stand where you think his path is going to. Just use the stick to get in front of him and click “X” to make the steal when you are directly in front of him (do not run to make the steal because more often than not you’ll get called for a foul, and try to minimize reaching from behind him to make steal, same thing).

Now, you will go to the interview process. You will be interviewed by 3 teams. The goal is obviously to be drafted by the Hornets. Do a good interview with them, saying the right things, and give the horrible answers to the other 2 teams (expressing you are not interested in what they have to offer).

VOILA! You are drafted by the Hornets. Now, you are on your stacked roster, and all the other teams have the “midgets” with horrible stats.

OPTIONAL STEP HERE: This is not a “requirement,” however, I did this once I was taken to the MyCareer menu. I maxed out my player’s attributes, and knocked out a few achievements (Now Playing, Come Fly with Me, NBA Cares, Everyone is Special, and Some More Special than Others) before even starting (the ones that are related to “buying” something) by loading up my VC. Here is how:

The key is to have less than 20,000 VC. Go to MyTeam, Market, Players, and you will see Lebron shown there, and can buy him for 20,000 VC. Click to buy him, and it will say you don’t have enough VC. Click “X” to buy. Buy 10,000 for 240MS. Now go back to MyCareer and spend your VC. I would go down to 9,000, then rinse and repeat this process (except this time I would buy 2 sets of 10,000 at a time). Now you can continue to do this until your player is where you want him to be in terms of his attributes, etc.

Now, I’m not sure what the HOF requirements are for other positions, but here they are for PG:

Record 2500 Assists

Record 1000 steals

Get selected to 5 All-Star Teams

Win MVP

Win NBA title

Make Playoffs 4 times

Make Conference Finals twice

Win Scoring Title

Lead league in Assists

Finish in top 10 in Scoring, Assists, and Steals

Get 50 A+ Teammate Grades

Break Single Season Record (Pts, Rebs, Ast, Stl, Bks, 3pt)

Record 250 career double doubles

Record 25 career triple doubles

I’ve highlighted the ones that are easily obtainable in the first season. It is “possible” to get 2500 assists in the first season, but that’s really stretching it. So, after getting the 9 HOF requirements in the first season, you should only have to play the 2nd season to just get to conference finals.

I play 50 games in the first season, 10 minute quarters on those, and get about 80-100 points, 40-50 assists a game, and 40-50 steals a game. Try to get as much as you can by the end of the first season, because each subsequent season will have less and less of the sucky midget players on the rosters.

Again, remember this is not possible without the hard work done by Chadilacchavez.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

ok so im on the rockets right now and im a pg. ive played 20 games so far. could i do this method now? meaning not restart my carrer and just edit all the teams? if the hornets are the only team thats normal im ok with that.

I do not want to restart my carrer.

so can i download the roster and continue my carerr playing?

ok so im on the rockets right now and im a pg. ive played 20 games so far. could i do this method now? meaning not restart my carrer and just edit all the teams? if the hornets are the only team thats normal im ok with that.

I do not want to restart my carrer.

so can i download the roster and continue my carerr playing?

Once you start your my career it's set you can't change anything.

That's a lot of work to compensate for being a shitty player.

In this years edition, you can just purchase VC to make yourself a beast and not deal with a weird league where everyone sucks just for some achievements.

What do you mean purchase VC? Prob something simple that I'm just missing. I agree with this post for the most part. Although I don't think we should judge people who just want to "get through it," I do agree that you should learn the game more and play it how its meant to be played, it'll be a more rewarding experience in general.

What do you mean purchase VC? Prob something simple that I'm just missing. I agree with this post for the most part. Although I don't think we should judge people who just want to "get through it," I do agree that you should learn the game more and play it how its meant to be played, it'll be a more rewarding experience in general.

You can buy VC with Microsoft points. It's $3.00 per 10,000 VC.. Theoretically you could have a maxed out my player without ever playing a game.

To buy you go to purchase something you can't afford and you'll get the option.

That's a lot of work to compensate for being a shitty player.

It probably takes 5 minutes to locate the gamer tag and download his rosters.

My player is super boring with no incentive to build up your player for crew. It's fun building a player, but not fun taking 5 seasons of hard (boring) work just to get all your achievements.

I've been doing this. I'm 15 games in and a starter (finally) averaging 60 points, 30 assists and 30 steals. But for some strange reason I just got benched and am now a 6th man wtf is wrong with this game

Did you foul out of the game? I found that whenever I fouled out (most of the time on purpose) or committed numerous "deliberate fouls" (by hitting the back button) I would subsequently get removed from the starting rotation and get relegated to the 6th man position and have to earn more minutes all over again to get into the starting rotation.

Did you foul out of the game? I found that whenever I fouled out (most of the time on purpose) or committed numerous "deliberate fouls" (by hitting the back button) I would subsequently get removed from the starting rotation and get relegated to the 6th man position and have to earn more minutes all over again to get into the starting rotation.

yeah that was the problem, I think I fouled out in my previous game and ended up as 6th man but I just played a few games and have earned a starting role again. Thanks again for providing this guide for boosting, and for the rosters. I pretty much only need to get the Hall of Fame achievement and the rest are glitched for me. Really wanted that damn 1150 too haha

just have a question for you Blade. What are your simulation quarter lengths? were they also 10?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...