Ultra Nightmare

Certtz

Is it me or does the Ultra Nightmare difficulty seem fairly easy? I'm half way through the DLC and I haven't died yet. The enemies don't seem to be as strong as you would expect them to be. Either way, I'm loving the DLC content, especially the new weapon!

Is there a way to start Ultra with all your previous gear? All your bullets and cash? If you finished it on Nightmare already. I don't mind going through this awesome game again, like Metro 2033, after a year, but from scratch, meh.

I was just wondering this, myself. I wouldn't mind at all if it was New Game+.

Is there a way to start Ultra with all your previous gear? All your bullets and cash? If you finished it on Nightmare already. I don't mind going through this awesome game again, like Metro 2033, after a year, but from scratch, meh.

I was just wondering this, myself. I wouldn't mind at all if it was New Game+.

Sadly there is no new game plus, so you must start from scratch. Good news is you can skip a lot of crap and just blast through the main missions.

Money shouldn't be any real problem and just make sure to keep high stock of bandages and good ammo types (like fatboys).

It's a lot easier than it sounds.

• 3 weeks later...
Sadly there is no new game plus, so you must start from scratch. Good news is you can skip a lot of crap and just blast through the main missions.

Money shouldn't be any real problem and just make sure to keep high stock of bandages and good ammo types (like fatboys).

It's a lot easier than it sounds.

So you can get the achievements through mission select?

Once you purchase the armor upgrades from the vendors the game becomes way too easy. I personally thought the end of the game would be the hardest (because of all the enemies) but I completely forgot that the Resistance gives you the extremely powerful Authority Pulse Cannon. Plus, ammunition is very plentiful throughout the last mission.

i dont want to start a new thread so ill stick this here, but do i need to complete the scorchers missions on ultra nightmare for the ultra nightmare achievement? or just the main original game missions? i cant beat the final boss, so ill come back and do it on easy if i dont need these missions done for the ultra nightmare achievement.

EDIT: so i finished the game, on ultra nightmare WITHOUT finishing the scorchers questline and i got the achievement, so you dont need to finish the scorchers on ultra nightmare then, just the original game. ill leave this here as confirmation for anyone else.

Edited by Scotty