Special in-game events!

Doktor Wilhelm

31/10/12 - 04/11/12: "Halloween SHiFT Codes for Borderlands 2"

[spoiler=Halloween]

Keep an eye on the Gearbox Software Twitter and Borderlands Facebook on October 31, 2012 for SHiFT codes that unlock special spooky character customization skins in Borderlands 2 like the one above!

We'll start rolling out the codes around 10AM CT (What time is that for you?) with more to come throughout the day.

Each code will be active until Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 11:55PM CT (What time is that for you?)

To learn more about SHiFT codes and how to redeem them, visit support.gearboxsoftware.com

12/01/13 - 17 /01/13: "Gear up for the release of Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt"

[spoiler=Big Game Hunt]DAY 1 (Shotguns):

Gear up for the release of Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt -- the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, arriving January 15 -- with special in-game events this weekend!

The festivities begin today, January 11, with Vault Hunters reporting an influx of powerful shotguns throughout Pandora. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet and start looting before the supply runs dry -- based on current conditions, expect the excess to be exhausted on Saturday, January 12 at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT (What time is that for me?).

What will tomorrow bring? Check back on GearboxSoftware.com at 11AM CST / 5PM GMT (What time is that for me?) to find out!

Day 2 (Grenade Mods):

The second day of the Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend has begun! Today's forecast? EXPLOSIONS! Keep an eye out for powerful grenade mods -- we hear they're rather abundant today. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet and start looting before the supply runs dry on Sunday, January 13 at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT.

What will tomorrow bring? Check back here tomorrow at 11AM CST / 5PM GMT to find out!

Day 3 (Sniper Riffles):
If you've been looking for a new sniper rifle, today's your day: a fresh supply of powerful sniper rifles is appearing throughout Pandora! To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet and start looting before the supply returns to normal on Monday, January 14 at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT.

What will tomorrow, the final day of the Gear Up Weekend, bring? Whatever it is, expect it to be big -- literally. Check back on GearboxSoftware.com at 11AM CST / 5PM GMT to find out more, and make sure to bring your best gear!

Day 4 - FINAL DAY (Vermivorous the Invincible)

The final day of festivities is upon us, as Pandora grows more dangerous (but also more rewarding) for those adventuring online alongside two or more players in True Vault Hunter Mode* -- should the varkids infesting Tundra Express, Caustic Caverns or Natural Selection Annex survive long enough to enter the pod state multiple times, they stand a far greater chance of morphing into the fearsome Vermivorous the Invincible. However, those that emerge victorious in their struggles against Vermivorous the Invincible also face greater rewards as the legendary Norfleet weapon is far more likely to appear upon his defeat.

This chance to hunt one of Pandora's most elusive beasts ends at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Tuesday, January 15 -- giving you just enough time to steady your nerves before setting off to tackle the new adventures and creatures contained within the Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt campaign add-on!

*Unlocked after completing the story of Borderlands 2.

EXTRA DAYS (Event extended):
This chance to easily hunt one of Pandora's most elusive beasts has now been extended until 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Thursday, January 17 -- be sure to make use of the extra time!

14/02/13 - 17/02/13: Happy Loverpalooza![spoiler=loverpalooza]

For years, Moxxi has delighted and excited Pandora's denizens with her theatrical style, pithy innuendos, and a seemingly endless supply of exes. But when it comes time to give out anniversary gifts and every single day marks a possible anniversary with someone, what's a poor girl to do?

Simple -- the Loverpalooza! Today, everyone gets to be one of Miss Moxxi's honorary exes. And Moxxi treats her exes well (apart from the ones she kills, of course) -- on Loverpalooza Day, she bestows eligible Pandoran men and women with free stuff!

To receive your gifts from Miss Moxxi, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Loverpalooza SHiFT Code:
W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5

Xbox 360 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code:
W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH

PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code:
WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

These codes will be active through February 17, 2013 -- be sure to use them before them!

To learn more about SHiFT codes and how to redeem them, visit: http://support.gearboxsoftware.com

10/05/13 - 13/05/13: Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend: The Beast Approaches

Prepare for the arrival of Krieg the Psycho -- the new playable character for Borderlands 2, releasing May 14 -- with special in-game events from May 10 through the end of May 13!

The Bandits of Pandora can feel one of their own approaching and have ramped up the production of Bandit gear accordingly, so expect to see an increase in Bandit gear drops when playing Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet. But watch out! Reports suggest an increased population of Badass Psychos in Lynchwood, Thousand Cuts and Eridium Blight.

To learn more about Krieg, check out the hands-on previews at Game Informer,

, DLCentral, NBC News and IGN as well as tune in to the 2K and Gearbox livestream on Monday, May 13 at 3PM CT (What time is that for me?) at twitch.tv/2k

Edited by Doktor Wilhelm
Added Loverpalooza!

I saw this on Twitter this morning. What the fuck does it even mean though? Drop rates are increased for shotguns? Where? Everywhere? Bosses? Raid bosses? But they're going to run out Saturday afternoon? When? Why? Are they limited or is that when the event ends? Huh? What? Keep dropping the suck Gearbox.

I believe it means that the likelihood of getting a shotgun as a drop for anything will be increased, and if a shotgun is part of a bosses set of drops, then it will be more likely to drop, also their stats may be better than usual.

It's stops at "Saturday, January 12 at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT" and some other event (likely something else's drop rate being improved) will replace it about 5 minutes later.

Not sure how this all equals hate for Gearbox, but each to their own I guess. ;)

Ah thanks for this info mate can an admin possible sticky this and keep it updated its really handy to know cheers for the update Doktor Wilhelm :)

It's only a short in-game event, no need for a sticky, but thank you anyways! :p

What I am curious about is.....what took them till now to do stuff like this? Did it take them that long to realize that holding events for the community was a good idea?

Not bitching, I am genuinely curious.....if they had the idea, why wait till now to implement it? Randy has always been tight with the folks at Epic, so he has been aware of their events for years.......I know he knew about this kind of stuff, its just strange timing. Just before the third DLC?

I did seem to be getting more Purple shotguns than ever before, though I may just be noticing them because I'm looking out for them.

Random loot is still random even with increased chance.

Sounds like a warning that should be on the side of a imported gachapon machine. :p

EDIT: Day 2 brings the grenades...

Edited by Doktor Wilhelm
Day 2...

Does anyone know if you have to be Level 50 to get to Vermivorous?

You don't have to be 50.

For what, to increase Green, Blue and Purple loot drops by 000000000.1.%?

Haha yeah no kidding, I dumped that relic for the extra XP one as soon as I realised it's useless.

Edited by Burnout x360a

The launcer you get for Vermivorous is a BEAST...took me like a half hour to kill his ass though!!

I'll say. We were messing around leveling a guy up and spawned 3 at once. It took forever to kill all three with only three lvl 50s and one lvl 18. Picked up 2 norfleets and a head. We wanted a mod. Still good fun.

• 3 months later...