Morphine not working HELP!!

Toeclicker

I dont usually ask for help as you can see by my number of posts but this is driving me crazy!! I am unable to use morphine. I push X as hard as i can, ive switched controllers, bought new controller, and switched game to my old xbox and it never lets me use my morphine. I dont even get any onscreen tips about morphine. Anybody have any insight for me please!?

I dont usually ask for help as you can see by my number of posts but this is driving me crazy!! I am unable to use morphine. I push X as hard as i can, ive switched controllers, bought new controller, and switched game to my old xbox and it never lets me use my morphine. I dont even get any onscreen tips about morphine. Anybody have any insight for me please!?

This may sound really stupid but if you have completed the first level you should know how to use it.

Anyhow, if you don't have a syringe next to your health in the bottom left of the screen you don't have any. If you have a dark grey syringe you have no morphine but have picked some up at some point. If you have morphine the syringe will show up white. Hitting X will only do anything if you have a white syringe as that indicates you have some in your inventory to use.

If your still wondering you pick morphine up like any other collectable i hope this helps out your issue though.

Not to sound like an arrogant prick but I have seen some pretty naive people on here asking obvious questions so im not insulted when u dumb it down for me but unfortunately i am aware of all that.:) I have picked up the morhphine in the first and second levels and it shows white in the syringe but it doesnt do anything. I hope it is something pretty naive and obvious though cause this game seems cool but i can imagine it to be pretty hard withouht morphine.

Not to sound like an arrogant prick but I have seen some pretty naive people on here asking obvious questions so im not insulted when u dumb it down for me but unfortunately i am aware of all that.:) I have picked up the morhphine in the first and second levels and it shows white in the syringe but it doesnt do anything. I hope it is something pretty naive and obvious though cause this game seems cool but i can imagine it to be pretty hard withouht morphine.

Damn, that's weird. I cant think of any reason at all why it wouldn't work unless you hadn't picked any up yet. Which you say you have. Have you upgraded one of your character stars in the menu? Try and upgrade the morphine and see if that triggers it. Can't think of anything else. Sorry. Good luck with it.

upgrades and such don't really matter, still really odd. To be honest you don't need morphine i think i used it 3 times in the whole campaign just because i wasn't paying attention to what the guards were doing and got caught but it might be helpful for some places.

One example is level 3 with the guards out in the open before the garden but im sure you can get those guys without getting caught. The only thing i can think of it maybe you picked up a faulty disk but your game would be all sorts of screwed up other than just the morphine not working.

Sorry for dumbing it down it was just a little easier to explain that way i wasn't trying to sound like an ass.

thanks for the help xgo gatorsx and fizzmatix i appreciate it! I think u might have it though fizz with the faulty disk cause i cant see any of my collectibles in the pause menu. It says i have em but it shows me nothing and my character doesnt have a blue glow while in the shadows but my sillohuete does. Im gonna return it and get a new one. Also, i took no offense to your post:) and thanks again for your time!!

I know you don't need to use morphine very often, but use it when you can. If there's a spot where you can't take out a guy silently (such as a guard staring straight in your direction or two guards watching each other), use morphine before you waste a bullet, as there's always more morphine than you need and never extra ammo.

Also, a lot of the tough spots will give you a hint by having morphine there in the open (the dead agent in the sewer level, for example-- the first guard you can stealth kill, and it's safer to immediately hit morphine and charge the second guy).

Actually, I usually forget to use morphine when I have it: last night I nearly punched a hole in my wall in frustration while I tried to kill all five guys at the end of the sewer level with the Luger. Only when I was done did I realize there were explosive barrels around... and I didn't remember my morphine until even later. :p

it is true morphine is very helpful but those other things missing from your games sounds so weird. I guess 1 option is to reset you cache but id only do that as a last resort maybe if you have access to another xbox from a friend or something to test it out.

Those guys in the sewers really piss me off. The flame thrower guys are such a pain in the ass to kill and normally can cook you from half way across the room while your hiding behind a pillar which is really irritating. I just used the lugar but if i ever make it there with morphine id sure use it to kill as that section can be a real pain.

I think when I have to go back and do that section again, I'll put two bullets into the first flamethrower's tank when he stops by the other guard, then try to kill the next pair by shooting the barrels by the doors they come out of, then kill the last flamer with morphine. At least that's the plan anyway.

sounds good, i did that with the first 2 then had to shoot the rest as i had no morphine i had to waste it on another guard.

Just to let you know, it is possible to kill the five guys at the end of sewer level with all silent kills, without using morphine, and without ever getting detected. I did it on Agent difficulty. You just have to exploit the whistle ability. If you want, I can record a video to show how. =)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but as this was the only post on this topic I found in google, and there is no for sure solution... All I did was quit to the dashboard, load the game back up, then I went to the load Game screen and picked the beginning of the level it started screwing up on (3rd) and it loaded and everything was normal again. Then I loaded up the furthest save and it was all working.

I am not sure all that is necessary, but that is all I did and thats what worked. Once again, sorry for bringing this post back, but I am sure some people may find this useful if they get stuck. (instead of going buy a whole new game, or clearing the cache) :p