Multiplayer

What did you think of the multiplayer?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the multiplayer?

• Yes, I liked it.
    • No, I didn't think it was any fun.

It was definitely a new multiplayer experience and it was great to play to take a break from the amazing yet slightly confusing single player.

The only things I disliked about the multiplayer was how difficult it was to find matches and all the people who run on rooftops and use the gun (which gives a substantially small amount of experience points and is therefore completely pointless).

The multiplayer seems alright slow at finding matches but i guess that's because there dosn't seem to be many people playing. I've only just started and yesterday was in matches with 4 Lvl 50 assassins. Obviously i completetly owned And to be honest its a little confusing.:confused:

Great concept, lackluster execution.

The thing is that the game relies heavily on rules. It expects that everybody's playing for points. But as we all know, it's all about that K/D! People run about with their gun and their Templar Vision, stand on rooftops and give away their location just so they can kill their target as fast as possible.

Not only is this a really poor way of playing the game, but it ruins it for everybody else too, because they have a hard time chasing these spastics while remaining stealthy. When everybody plays the game "properly," it's beautiful. You have a constant feeling of tension, and it's truly rewarding when you get a kill, ideally with a beefy bonus tied to it.

But as soon as you see some jackass trying to be Batman and leaping off of rooftops and running straight at you, you know that everybody's in for a low-scoring game.

The team-based games I'll admit I could never get the hang of. The rules weren't immediately clear (the tutorial needs to be a LOT better IMO, and showcase different gametypes; does the in-game manual even describe all the game modes? DLC?) and my team-mates would typically run around and just swarm the other team. With differing mechanics (chest capture for example) I was never really sure if I should be focusing on stealth so that I get killed less, or if I should run about and concentrate on getting to objectives faster; the latter is what my team-mates tended to do, but I would always get ganged up on by the enemy team...

Then there's the fact that perks are unbalanced in team-based modes. One guy on the enemy team can use Templar Vision and lock on to your team-mates and his buddies now know where all of you are despite only one of them having to suffer from the consequences of the perk.

There is so much potential here, but quite frankly I don't think there's enough interest to keep the side-game going. Having achievements for the mode just ends up populating it with people who don't REALLY want to participate, so it just ends up making the experience miserable for the people who actually try to play it right. Even then, that number is probably very small compared to first person shooters where there aren't as many rules to follow or mechanics and strategies to learn (not that I'm undermining the depth of a good FPS; I'm just saying that they are very pick-up-and-play while AC MP is not.)

I really did like the MP and the fact that there are quite a few game modes. I generally don't mind online achievements, but some of those are just plain ridiculous, almost requiring boosting to achieve. I really hope they've either simplified them or removed them completely for Revelations.

• 8 months later...

The introduction, and addition, of MP in Broterhood was an absolute joke. Half of the time it took about 10 minutes to find a match. And the achievements were shit, I was excited to 100% another AC game, and then they go ahead and put in this crap. Nothing about this series screamed MP, why they would put in a MP mode is beyond me.

• 3 weeks later...

Utterly abysmal crap that ruined a great franchise,no one is playing and when I get a game I cant figure out what to do,how do I tell civilians and targets apart?cant tell whos who even when they are right next to me and killing me yet everyone else seems to home in on you in seconds and has no trouble finding you,confusing,pointless and utterly redundant,finished with this franchise,should have stayed single player.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
i love a.c and this kinda ruined the game and i hate how the the multiplayer is required for the gamerscore

I'm in total agreement with this; I love the series, but I really don't like that I need to grind through the multiplayer just to get some points. I think it's an example of the developers trying to ensure that people didn't sell the game back after beating the campaign (I beat it in a weekend with no problem, I just don't typically sell games back).

I thought the multiplayer was fun for a little bit, but it was a bit slow, and got old pretty quickly.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
''Boring'' is the perfect word to describe the multiplayer.

Completley agree. I hate I gotta boost for these bullshit achivements. Cant wait to get my 1000. Not bothering with the DLC I hate the 100% sync option. Cant wait to sell this game and Revelations,oh yeah gotta boost in Rev but I know that games boosting is MUCH EASIER. Max is level 20 not 50,and MUCh easier achivements. Still MP SUCKS

Voted that I did not like it. How is it award winning ? Very disapointed when I first started playing its online after a year i still say the same thing on the subject.

• 1 month later...