Anybody else hate their name?

Gareth Dent

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my name irl, I don't hate it, I mean, I don't have much of a choice, I didn't name myself, and don't plan to. And actually a good friend of mine also has the last name Dent.

As with the whole gamertag name i like mine cuz it's original and simple. Not really into the whole "xxx" or "l33t" text for usernames (except for my youtube acc.)

I kid you not, I went to high school with a Michael Hunt.

I was on a conference call a few weeks back when a Mike Hunt came on. If that was youre name, you'd never let anyone else shorten it, let alone yourself.

Needless to say, I had to mute the call and laugh for 5 minutes. And then finish with "Whats the best way to get in touch with Mike Hunt?"

Oh god I completely forgot my landlord's name.

Richard Woods

slang for Richard? Dick

Dick Woods

Yeah...he prefers to be called Dick. Probably for that reason haha. Imagine (if you've seen the show) Uncle Red from The Red Green Show (a Canadian comedy) just slimmer going by the name Dick Woods.

And as far as my name goes, I don't hate it, but it's just confusing and common, which is why when people called me "The Apocalypse of Wyoming Area" after Columbine (thank you news retards for painting me perfectly as a potential homicidal rapist! asshats) I started using that out of spite and it stuck. Sounds better then Jason, and works well with my last name, which has people greatly confused. It's actually German, but for some reason people think I'm Jewish because of how it's spelled. Weiss instead of Weis.

But if it bothered me so much I'd go and just have it changed legally...to The Destroyernateror!!! Destroyernateror Weiss...has a nice ring to it, don'cha think?

Edited by ApochWeiss

I was on a conference call a few weeks back when a Mike Hunt came on. If that was youre name, you'd never let anyone else shorten it, let alone yourself.

Needless to say, I had to mute the call and laugh for 5 minutes. And then finish with "Whats the best way to get in touch with Mike Hunt?"

Did you really say that? That is awesome. What did they say in return?

"Buy a few rounds of drinks"

How about this loser? Think he goes by Howie?

I like your real life name, and I think it's cool you rock it on the net as well. While some people value their anonymity on the internet, it gets used in some of the most annoying, troll-ish ways possible.

Personally, I think I always kind of put myself out there - being mysterious and unknown is overrated. ;]

As far as my RL name goes, it's Edelita. Most people can't pronounce it correctly. ./shrug

It's been shortened as Eda, which gets mixed up with Eva all the time.

My mum calls me Lita.

I still prefer Eksy. :)

Ugh I wish my RL name was my RL name...

When I was christened, my parents thought it would be a smart idea to name me a different name then what is on my birth cert.

Now everytime I need to fill out offical documents, say a passport, everything gets confused and it's just one big headache... :(

I'd rather stay with my nickname.

My first is Micheal and thats fine. Friends call me Mikey but my school friends all call me Nozza.. Someone I hadn't seen in a very long time actually didn't know my first name because everyone knew me as Nozza.

Nozza comes from my surname which is, and btw I'm not overly keen on it, Norsworthy. Its to long, sounds posh and I have effin' spell each time someone asks!!! Also people when letters are sent get it wrong. We've had Norseworthy, Noseworthy, Northworthy and just the other day my dad got Nortsewothy <-- WTF? That doesnt even sound write, let alone spelt!

And I know my GT has OIIO in it but its actually for a reason. My b'day is on the 1st of the 10th so.. Yeah 23 in a few weeks :o

Yeh my name sucks - Robin Hutton - I quite nicely got bullied for like the first part primary school because it :p

But ever since Counterstrike I used Bezzin (cause i though it was a cool name) as my online name and that has just kind of stick as a real nickname and been further abbreviated into Bez, which I love :)

P.s Dent is cool, like Harvey Dent ;)

P.P.S I find it weird that your GT and your avatar AND signature are all about your name - unless you made them after this thread got a good response?