Why is this game so stupid?

PluralAces

Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.

And exactly how many days have you been playing? I completed the game already because I got used to it. It's easy - just keep playing it....... Or you can keep badmouthing it while everyone else haves fun with it.

The worst thing about complaint threads is that they get more attention and feedback from a community than question or strategy threads. Hence why they exist and will keep existing. Giving attention to a social problem such as this only feeds it.

"Well there's your problem."

Sketchy behavior has been happening on the game in the form of oddly overpowered individuals and questionable connectivity status. Games that do not have a huge financial backing in a security server construct tend to suffer the old tricks. Lag switching, bridging, etc etc. I've only noticed it when playing with tops on the leaderboards or league sensitive quick matches. Shady stuff at the top. But also, those tops have poured a TON of money into Happy Cards to try and get the best of the best. So some of those kills are from a $100+ investment to have an uber gear smite you down, or a sketchy game manipulation that they justify as "protecting their investment."

If you ever need to take a break from others cheating or using cash to smack you down, just play Coop Mode. The AI will never lag switch you.

Why is this game so stupid and hard for no apparent reason? Anybody know? not to mention having to level up In multiplayer to play the story is the dumbest thing I have ever heard in video gaming.

Maybe that's why it was free. I don't know. I haven't played it or even checked it out. It's been ages since I looked around the dashboard.

Jesus fuck, what the hell is wrong with people today. The game was free, I swear people find anything to bitch about.

This is almost as stupid as someone giving you one million dollars and you argue with them because they paid you in twenties and not one hundred dollar bills.

Take it for what it is.

I love your response, it's perfect.

People complain because they don't get free games and have to pay for everything and then a game is out for free and because it's.. too "hard" for them they bitch about it especially to call a game stupid?

I know some people who try a game for 5 minutes and give up when they didn't take the time to learn how it works. If more gamers did that and took the time to learn they wouldn't be making pointless threads like this.

• 3 months later...

So if the game is impossible due to shit matchmaking and invincible overpowered players then we cant complain,screw you,some of us were enjoying it until the rich dicks started spending tons and making ridiculous characters that are unstoppable,now I'm faced with enemies that kill me with one hit and take no visible damage,wouldnt be so bad if the matchmaking actually did anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Because it's a free to play kid's game. Wish I never started this steaming pile. 1 more quest and (hopefully) never have to look at this shitheap ever again.

edit: Need another reason? Why am I treasure hunting on April's map when it's still March? Only needed one more space to get to the end of March's map. This game indeed licks balls.

Edited by time2munch

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand the logic that just because it's a free game, you should accept it's flaws. That mindset alone is the reason why this game won't be good enough to reach the top xbox live arcade games, because it's not.

There's so much wrong with this game, it's more rage inducing than "fun".

Happy Spinner should give you items based on your level or close to it, not items that's fit for people that's lvl 10 and under, because even as material cost, it eventually gets to the point where it's not enough to level up an item, you eventually have to level up a random garbage item just to use that as material cost which is ridiculous. So so so very rare that you will get a rare item from it.

Cleric should have faster casting speed. Dispel is the only fast casting to my knowledge and it's totally fine.

If you think it's a problem for PvP, then make it so that it works only in humans vs cpu matches, it's possible.

I'm sick of trying to heal/sanctuary/resurrect/dash only to be smacked out of the animation.

Warrior Super Guard, if you get hit during this, you will for some odd reason turn to the side, leaving you open and killed. This piss me off so much.

Warrior Spinning Blade, I can understand if I'm hit by a projectile it should knock me out of the animation, but there's no freakin way that someone should be abe to come up close to me and hit me through spinning blade.

I don't play as the Mage much to point some flaws.

I hate that you cannot turn around in time to shield yourself when getting hit from behind, you're pretty much dead once the first blow lands.

Match Making.

A system where it's you and people in your range level versus people or cpu in your range level, would be nice.

When the round ends [not match] and your stuck at the lobby, why doesn't the game wait for more people to join in a round during the count down?

It sucks having people quitting in mid rounds only to be left with like six people in the end.

With that said, there should be a quick join option.

Also during next round count down, why the hell are we given the option to leave or check stats when the freaking buttons don't even work? If you want to leave you have to wait for the next round to start or dashboard out if you're impatient.

The third round is ridiculously hard because the enemies are way too powerful than everybody, and nine times out of ten always result in time over.

Seriously, a group of ice Mages, how is that fair? Their ice casting speed is fucking insane and leads to snow man spam infinites.

Items.

This is what kills me the most.

In order to get better items, you have to be god damn lucky to get a red box, then you have to level it up. Rare that you get something decent from a blue box. And god forbid if the host quits the game booting everyone out, losing your box.

If you want OP items on the spot, you need to spend real money for it and get it from the item shop.

Sure they give out free happy tickets once in a blue moon, but funny enough, I haven't used them yet because it shoudn't have to come to that!

As to the topic creator, I will say that give the game time and learn it some more, I used to have the same exact feeling a long time ago until I met someone who taught me a few things. You got to learn the buffs and figure out how to use them for what certain Class. Also learn how the class skills benefit you. Lots of experimenting to be had. You just can't take a character out there and expect to mash the attack button to victory.

Search for happywars.wikia.com for starters :)

Edited by WeaponTheory

• 2 weeks later...
Good gamers can adapt to any game. You may think it is stupid, but that is only your opinion. My opinion is you just don't know how to play what is (in my opinion) an extremely simple game.

But hey, that is just my opinion.

This idiot couldn't be wrong. This game is broken garbage full of cheaters that induce lag. Kiss some more Microsoft ass buddy, nobody cares what you think. "good gamers" do not exist in this game, it's whoever pays to win.

• 1 month later...
My only complaint is how in every damn match I have played since the ilomilo event started, my teams are shit or the other team tears down our tower within two minutes. How is that even possible?!

The teams are crap sometimes and usually half full of AI, but I have some advice. When you exit the castle at the start of the match, constantly press the follow call to have as many AI's follow you and a friend to the enemy castle. Me and my friend usually take the shortcuts like on Rainbow with a bunch of AI's with us on the raft. Build the battering ram and you're in. It happens to us a lot too so I know how it feels, but at times we also do it as well. Just be a Cleric, get your friend to be Warrior or Mage, Mage more so to break the enemy guns on top of the castle.

• 1 month later...