Release Date?

GILLHUHN

There is no announced date. Devolver announced a few days ago that they would be announcing a specific date "soon" - watch the main news feed and you'll know when we know.

It'll also show up on our Upcoming Games link.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/upcoming/

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It's going to be an XBLA release now. This is the latest update from Croteam, this is from a post on their Facebook page August first:

Update on Serious Sam 3: BFE Xbox 360 - 3rd party testing:

We have completed our internal testing last week.

Final build was uploaded over the weekend to a 3rd party testing company, e4e, for the external testing.

They wil be testing both the Xbox 360/XBLA TCRs and FTCs.

E4e has already started with testing on Monday morning.

We are monitoring their testing progress on the fly through the bug reports they provide directly in our Bugzilla database.

Also, we are fixing discovered issues from the previous day and then upload the new fixed build in the evening, so they have it ready for regression testing the next morning.

Looking good so far...

• 3 weeks later...
Well I guess this game has been delayed. Almost as bad as Valve time.

I don't think it was delayed really, just pushed back. We will probably get it in October sometime. Nothing beats Valve time though. What bothers me the most is that PC has had it since November last year, and now we're finally getting it.

• 3 weeks later...

EDIT: SeriousSamIAm just tweeted the possible release date for SS3. Mid-october it seems.

SeriousSamIAm Point your crosshairs at mid-October, looks like that's when Serious Sam 3 XBLA and Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile are going to drop!

---

i still havent played this and cant wait to play it day 1 purchase ;D

Same here. I am a die-hard Sam fan as well as a Doomguy fan and Duke fan. As for Sam though I have done all the researching necessary for this game without spoiling much for myself. Got an achievement guide written, just needs to be posted but I have to wait for release day. Can't wait.

Edited by Nevander

This is up on XBLA.... NOW!!! but... when I select it, I get Status code - 8C230002. Which, according to Xbox.com means:

If you’re seeing this message and error code, it could mean that your account is blocked from accessing certain kinds of content.

This type of error occurs most often when you are trying to access unrated content.

:/. Oh well, someone must've screwed up and posted it too soon.

I don't see anything on the marketplace using Bing search. So I guess the game's details or something was posted by mistake then taken down? More insight to what was actually there would be nice...

Ah, it's gone now. If you went to Games -> Arcade -> New Releases, from the Dashboard, the game's box art displayed in between RAW and Jet Set Radio.

I did call Xbox Customer Support to see if it was available or if it was a technical hiccup, but the lady couldn't really say (nor could she give a specific release date), but now, funny enough, it's gone.

You CAN still see it on Xbox.com, though: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Search?q=serious%20sam#All

No pricing or anything and, apparently, the first two Serious Sam's will be getting released together on disc (box art right next to 3; didn't know that).

• 2 weeks later...