Worst piece of shit ever...

Xplozion27

Worst piece of shit I've ever played, it stores game data via achievements so you can quit half way through a country course and it's so hard. This game is not worth a penny, so glad it's free. Such a shit game, the developers that made this are complete fucking morons.

Worst piece of shit I've ever played, it stores game data via achievements so you can quit half way through a country course and it's so hard. This game is not worth a penny, so glad it's free. Such a shit game, the developers that made this are complete fucking morons.

You have Call of duty 4, Modern Warfare2, Halo 3, Call of duty WaW and Halo ODST, all completed 100% and you're saying this game is hard?:confused: You OBVIOUSLY have the patience and skill required to tackle a game like this, so where is the hate comming from?

This game is far from being shitty as you describe it.Far from it.To me it's more like an old school thowback game to be honest.Remember how Mario Bros games controlled?The jumping,running and sliding is practicaly the same.If the water balloons(aka paintballs) mess your runs up,realize there is a pattern to them.You can get through pretty much untouched if your timming is perfect.

If not, there is room for a few mistakes.Watch the Utube guides for the gold medal runs.They help a ton.Look at where they jump, how high and where they land.ALLWAYS use the sprint trigger!

If you get to a spot that keeps tripping you up, either keep playing that section for a bit or watch the vids.Lets say you're having a great run.You get to a part that stops you cold.Instead of restarting..just play that part over and over till you see the pattern.Watching Nave360's Utube vids are the way to go.Check his vids to see a walkthrough for ANY part you are stuck on.

All the runs are gold medal runs.To be honest I dont think ill get past Japan but with time and repitition maybe ill 200 this.This game sends me into a profanity laced, blood boiling rage everytime I play it!It's a wonder my controller hasnt been destroyed yet.

This game may be unfair at times..but thats only if youre not spot on with your handling of the course.Just play the game as a game in between games.Pretty soon you'll get the hang of it.Ill help you with the online part later this week if you want.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game didn't cost you anything so why complain? I would understand if you paid even 5 dollars but it is free, so stop complaining. If it is too hard for you go play something else and come back because you really need to keep calm for a game like this. the more frustrated you get the more mistakes you will make.

A FREE game holy crap! Can someone give me a link i would love a free game!

EDIT: HERE is a link.

They took it off the marketplace. I actually found the game to be quite enjoyable considering that it's free.

I think you are thinking of Doritos Dash of Destruction.

Edited by BluWolve

Yea! I found it thanks for the link and wile browsing around i also found Dash of Destruction also a free arcade game, but i am 100% sure everyone knew that already. I just got my Xbox this year so you have to understand I'm slow.

If you want some free stuff check this thread out HERE. I am not sure how up to date it is but it should get you started

I think you'll find that it is you who is shit at the game...it's free ffs, just because you can't do it it's shit! I can't do Halo multiplayer so that game must be shit as well. Delete it and move on to your next whinge.

hahaha yeah I'm not very good at halo multiplayer either so thats two people whoa! That must be shit and don't get me started on how shit street fighter IV is online....

In all seriousness though I thought I was pretty good at those games until I played them online, and then I realised how shit I am... oh wait, I mean I thought those games were pretty good until I played them online, then I realised how shit they were hahaha

Who complains about free games anyway??

It's one of those games you can breeze through for an easy 200 gamer points. I like mini games like those every now and then just to get away from the COD's and Halo's for about an hour or two. I wouldn't mind knowing how to even make a game like that. Anyway, like most said...it's free!

I feel like chiming in. To those of you saying, "But it's free"... that's not really an excuse. This game is broken and not fun. There are other free games that are functional and/or fun. For example:

• Aegis Wing - Not broken and fun if you enjoy that style game.
  • Harm's Way - The competitor to Crash Course, it's at least not broken (That I noticed in getting 200/200). It also seemed kind of novel with it's racing/turret gameplay. Harm's Way was by far the superior game of the two released on Xbox Live.
  • Dash of Destruction - The original Dorito's game was not broken and was mildly amusing - at least for a few minutes. It quickly grew boring but it was short.
  • Hexic HD - A non-broken puzzle game. Fun if you like puzzle games.
  • Yaris - Yaris was mind numbingly boring but at least it wasn't broken. It was just repetitive and monotonous. I would rather play Yaris than Crash Course.

From that list, Aegis Wing and Hexic HD are by far the best. They are free and they are not bad games. You may not enjoy them but you cannot argue that they are broken mechanically. By now you may notice a point I keep harping on: Not broken. Let's look at the ways in which Crash Course is broken:

• Physics are broken. I've gone from a complete stop to full speed instantly, almost always resulting in missing a jump or breaking the timing on whatever it is I'm trying to do.
  • Hammers have horrible hit contact and will knock you flying long before they actually make contact with your player model.
  • Trampolines are finicky. I finally have them figured out to where I have a 90% success rate at getting maximum height but there are still times where I hit them perfectly and get a weak run-breaking bounce.
  • The "Social Climber" achievement is glitched making it annoying to unlock. I played through every level on Xbox Live yesterday without the achievement. Reading this thread I see others have had the same problem. Now I get to play through this horrible game again today for one last achievement when I've already met the criteria.
  • Horrible net code. I've had games drop when everything is going fine. You'll be running through the course and seeing everyone's icon moving and then suddenly the game just ends claiming there are no players left.
  • Searching for custom games sometimes gets stuck showing you the same results over and over. Similarly it will show you no games at all when you know there are games available. Backing out to the title screen seems to cure these sudden match-making issues.

None of the other free games including the other Dorito's games are nearly as broken as Crash Course. Best of all, Crash Course was the winner of the contest over Harm's Way.

A bad game is a bad game whether or not you paid any money for it. This is not a good game from a technical standpoint and other free games are.

Edit: On the plus side, I did just get Social Climber unexpectedly. I joined a game on a level I was sure I had completed correctly. My plan was to complete each level again confirming that the game advanced to the next stage. Once the final person completed the level the achievement popped. Glad to be done with this game.

Edited by Valik

I feel like chiming in. To those of you saying, "But it's free"... that's not really an excuse. This game is broken and not fun. There are other free games that are functional and/or fun. For example:

• Aegis Wing - Not broken and fun if you enjoy that style game.
  • Harm's Way - The competitor to Crash Course, it's at least not broken (That I noticed in getting 200/200). It also seemed kind of novel with it's racing/turret gameplay. Harm's Way was by far the superior game of the two released on Xbox Live.
  • Dash of Destruction - The original Dorito's game was not broken and was mildly amusing - at least for a few minutes. It quickly grew boring but it was short.
  • Hexic HD - A non-broken puzzle game. Fun if you like puzzle games.
  • Yaris - Yaris was mind numbingly boring but at least it wasn't broken. It was just repetitive and monotonous. I would rather play Yaris than Crash Course.

From that list, Aegis Wing and Hexic HD are by far the best. They are free and they are not bad games. You may not enjoy them but you cannot argue that they are broken mechanically. By now you may notice a point I keep harping on: Not broken. Let's look at the ways in which Crash Course is broken:

• Physics are broken. I've gone from a complete stop to full speed instantly, almost always resulting in missing a jump or breaking the timing on whatever it is I'm trying to do.
  • Hammers have horrible hit contact and will knock you flying long before they actually make contact with your player model.
  • Trampolines are finicky. I finally have them figured out to where I have a 90% success rate at getting maximum height but there are still times where I hit them perfectly and get a weak run-breaking bounce.
  • The "Social Climber" achievement is glitched making it annoying to unlock. I played through every level on Xbox Live yesterday without the achievement. Reading this thread I see others have had the same problem. Now I get to play through this horrible game again today for one last achievement when I've already met the criteria.
  • Horrible net code. I've had games drop when everything is going fine. You'll be running through the course and seeing everyone's icon moving and then suddenly the game just ends claiming there are no players left.
  • Searching for custom games sometimes gets stuck showing you the same results over and over. Similarly it will show you no games at all when you know there are games available. Backing out to the title screen seems to cure these sudden match-making issues.

None of the other free games including the other Dorito's games are nearly as broken as Crash Course. Best of all, Crash Course was the winner of the contest over Harm's Way.

A bad game is a bad game whether or not you paid any money for it. This is not a good game from a technical standpoint and other free games are.

Edit: On the plus side, I did just get Social Climber unexpectedly. I joined a game on a level I was sure I had completed correctly. My plan was to complete each level again confirming that the game advanced to the next stage. Once the final person completed the level the achievement popped. Glad to be done with this game.

no please don't hold back tell us what you really think. dude it's free and no one held a gun to your head to force you play. the fun of games is trying to get the achievements. if everyone got them all on the first playthrough they would bitch the game was too easy like harms way (it practically just gives you the achievements).

no please don't hold back tell us what you really think.

Really? You're going to use this trite phrase in this thread where it has already been needlessly used once?

dude it's free and no one held a gun to your head to force you play.
Brilliant logic. Since I wasn't forced to play it and I didn't pay for it then I have no right at all to expect people to actually care about what they do and try to put out a product that isn't broken. I guess I only have the right to take issue with a game when I pay for it and have a gun to my head while playing it. Wait, what?

As I said in my previous post, a bad game is a bad game regardless of price paid or reasons for playing. I - and the others who have done similar - have just as much right to articulate my (our) grievances with the game as you do to make moon logic about how we are "wrong" for taking to task a "free" game for being lesser in quality than other free games (which is my point you so fantastically missed).

This also seems like a good time to throw broken logic back into the face of everyone it tries to employ it. To those of you who say, "Who forced you to play it" my response is, "Who forced you to read this thread?" Dissenting opinions that articulate counter-points are one thing but to denigrate someone's comments simply because "they don't have to play it" (which is true of almost everything ever in life) or "it's free" is just absurd. The criticisms of this game are valid regardless of the price paid for it.

the fun of games is trying to get the achievements.
I don't think this is true for everyone. The fun of games for me comes from good gameplay, fun mechanics and good stories. Achievements are a bit of icing on the cake and generally encourage replayability or experimentation.

if everyone got them all on the first playthrough they would bitch the game was too easy like harms way (it practically just gives you the achievements).
What does this have to do with anything I said? My only mention of achievements was to point out that one of the achievements is glitchy and doesn't unlock even when the player appears to have met the criteria. Having to replay portions of a game because the game is broken and did not record progress is substantially different than having to replay a game because the criteria was not met.

• 2 weeks later...