"I Will Survive" Achievement Guide.

Finally got this done! Did it on my 4th or 5th try though. Funny thing is I had no trouble with Krang 2. I had much more trouble with the level though. I died once and barely made it to the boss the second time. However once I was at Krang 2 I used litepink's idea and just spammed the hell out of Leo's special. Worked like a charm and I ended the fight with about 1/3 live left. Then Shredder was easy.

Phew, big relief.

has anyone else having trouble with the boss in the 7th level when he shoots out gumballs at u like non stop and u die like instantly

Super Krang? he usually only does this once per battle for me, and if you stay above or below him, you should have no problem. as the guide states, attack him vertically and you should have no problem.

hit and run should be your stategy for just about every boss.

Cement Man is more intimidating than he seems. i think i already poseted it in here, but when he sinks, dont run away right away, wait until he starts chasing you. i kept hitting and running right away and he would corner me or cut me off. after he attacks, you have to wait a moment to strike, the collision detection doesnt pick up right away. i have beaten him with only Leo and Don (without dying) so far, the slowest of turtles. i have yet to play thru w/ the other 2.

Krang 2, i literally ONLY used Leo's Special Attack. it hits the little robots and him in one swing. i had over half my life left.

great guide, it should be stickied.:woop:

Works like a charm!!!! Thank you.

Finally 200k! Woot!

I am having troble with the turrets and the heli turrets. Their cheap bullets keep hitting you and they drain half if not your entire life in a single shot.

I havent made it to the last krang... well I almost did it but the 2 last stone guys with bazooka throwed me and I couldnt get up whitout gettin hit so I died.

This achievement is really frustrating, specially due to the cheap attack things. Besdie's how come I cant hit em in the floor while they can?

• 2 weeks later...

Got ass-raped on sewer level first try with our Leo - it all happened at once - a ton of guys, jumping monsters, spikes on floor and slamming gates - couldn't move coz if you attack it takes forever to be able to move again! Try two..

Got ass-raped on the sewer level - why can i do it easy as pie but on survival i get stuck and can't move?! Two ass rapings in one night is more than enough for a straight man..

Just did it with Raph and had no problems what so ever at all and im shit at this game - Raph all the way!! Well i say i did it - i paused it to take a shower when i was on shredder coz i had to go out and my partner Laura turned the damn thing off - but who cares go Raph its easy as pie he's fast as fudge and as i said im crap :D

Edited by PsychoNinjaFlea

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Great guide! This has helped me through most of the boss battles perfectly :) Thanks!

Some more general tips for the game:

- Take it slow!! Don't run toward the end of the level, stop when a batch of enemies appear and deal with them first before proceeding. Otherwise more enemies might appear making your life so much harder.

- Try to get every enemy to one side of the screen. This has helped me through a lot of tough situations.. Having enemies rape you from both sides always means you get a few hits..

- Every level has a pizza slice somewhere in the middle. Take it really slow from this point on and don't consume the pizza in the boss battle right away. Fight with your remaining health and when this is running low, get the boss's pizza calzone.

- Tap the X-button near an enemy to ram them both sides.. (or send them flying towards the screen) Everyone who gets hit while doing this with an enemy dies straight away, so try to find the best way to do this as often as possible.

- Double jumping and attacking has a different effect then when you do a single jump. It usually hits enemies more often (with Leo anyways). This made the boss battles a lot easier for me.

- Last but not least, practice makes perfect! Having trouble with a particular level? Can't seem to get past it? Don't play through the entire game but practice that level until you get the hang of it.

Hope this helps some more :) Good luck!

Edited by Qoncrete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice and detailed guide, helped me alot when trying to get this achievement. Took me around 6 tries until I managed to get pass through the Neon surfing level first time with Michelangelo (stupid gunners were major pain in the ass!). I was very nervous because I went to very low hp few times on Starbase but managed to survive Krang by dodging his attacks until he flied away.

Shredder was a piece of cake, didn't even have to eat any of the pizzas :)

I just got this achievement so I figured I'd throw my two cents in for anyone having trouble. I'd already tried several times with Raphael and Leonardo with no luck. On my best runs I was able to get to Starbase, but I'd die before I could even get to Krang. On a whim I decided to try using Donatello (he's my favorite character). I got the achievement on my first try with him.

I'm just saying don't automatically rule him out. Sure he's the slowest, but he has the highest defense and his range is good for hitting multiple guys at once. Plus, I'd say his special is just as good as Leo's (maybe it doesn't cover as much area, but it definitely covers more distance).

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome work!! TY for the boss hints, especially for spaceship Krang!! Man I made it all the way to spaceship Krang three times in a row without breaking a sweat, but he just kept kicking my ass with his bubble attacks.

Finally beat Krang my 4th time using the tips your thread provided. Funny that Shredder, the very last boss, was so much easier :p

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...