Is this game good?

Its your call buddy, nobody can really tell you if a game is good or not due to individual difference in tastes and levels of acceptance, although there are generally levels of normal threseholds... i.e... a majority of people will like COD or GOW or Halo... etc... where as a minority will like something like Hannah Montanna or My Horse & Me.

My personal feeling is this is well and truly a game for Gamerscore addicts or those wishing to re-live nostalgia from their youth... i fall into both those categories but i cant really say i'm enjoying the game. I would recommend a rent and if you enjoy it, then decide whether to buy it or not.

Cheers

Sy

• 4 weeks later...

i've only played a few levels of it so far but its not terrible terrible. its more entertaining then some other shitty gamerscore games that leave you falling asleep. the only big downside to this game is the aiming. i dont even know how to lock onto something, it just does it for me. i would rather be in control and pick what i want to shoot at it as opposed to having no choice.

but oh well, rent the game and decide for yourself :p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this thread is old, but it is near the top, so no harm in putting in my 2 cents, doubt the OP will be back but this may help someone else.

I absolutely loved G.I. Joe as a kid, to say I don't still like it now would be a lie. It is old and corny, but it is still one of the best cartoons to date, especially when you compare it to the garbage that is on saturday mornings now I even enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

My first impression of the game was OH MY GOD I payed money for this? Although it was $2.50 for a rental, but still. A little bit into the game (almost done with the Arctic levels) I started to get the hang of it, and got over the graphics (which are like a 3/10). There really isn't a storyline per say, it is one mission to the other with in game voice over to fill in the story. There are some cool things to be found, like the characters... there are quite a few to unlock and most play a bit different. I think the biggest draw is the nostalgia and the points. Please don't buy it, unless you see it for $5 in a bargian bin somewhere, but if you aren't absolutely harsh on all games not titled Halo, Call of Duty or Gears of War, it may be worth a bit of time. There are about 100 games I could rattle off that are better, but there is still some fun to be found here. If I were to give it a fair rating writing for someone else I would give it 3 or 4/10 but I have actually started having a bit of fun with it and could give it a 6 or so. The only really bad thing, which is a critical aspect, but something I don't really care about because of the reson I rented it is the aiming/targeting. It is attached to the RS and locks on to the nearest OBJECT first, which is not always an enemy. It has caused me to die quite a bit, even on casual, but whatever. I've played my share of bad games, and this isn't even close to the worst... but it is something I think most people should probably skip.

• 4 weeks later...

Its an Ok game at best, much better with a friend. If your a fan of GIJOE there are some great one liners in the game that are a throwback to the original cartoon. Like "these bubbles will give you trouble". I actually enjoyed the game more once I got the hang of the bad camera and aiming. The play-style has potential but it needed online play, smarter aiming and a better camera system. Also they need to lose the 1st player only achievements. A rent for sure, bargain bin for huge GIJoe fans, maybe, no, maybe not.

Edited by Chuppernicus

im 32 yrs old and an old school GI JOE fan, but my lord I played this for 30 minutes unlocked 1 achievement, and felt obligatd to put it right back into the GameFly envelope to send out tomorrow. This looks like Super Contra or something on the Nintendo 64 or SNES. horrid. Cameras are awful too. But if you can stand it, go for the 1k!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get it if you are running out of games to play. Its pretty easy and not too time consuming. It's not that bad, definitely playable. The people that think this game is making them suicidal haven't tried to 100% the earlier Tomb Raider games or Cabela's Alaskan Adventue. Its pretty fun and I would say rent it if you just want some easy gamerscore or are a huge fan because it is pretty funny and it does make fun of itself at times, especially the cutscene you get for buying all characters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...