Syndicate Forum needs traffic!

Market

in the event this is still unknown to people here, there's a community forum for Syndicate still growing in support... there's a small group of us there making an attempt to get EA to give the go-ahead to Starbreeze to work on the many issues some people are having...

the more traffic we can get over there, the better our chances of getting them to listen... if you still love Syndicate, come check it out!!

http://syndicateforum.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the point in joining that forum. No offense. I love the game, but there just wasn't enough content to warrant joining a forum specific to it. Our syndicate consisted of about 5 active players, and 4-6 that either weren't super crazy about the game, or didn't have time to play.

In the first few days of the game, Neurodyne had already had everyone 1K the game. I was playing just for the fun after the fact, usually solo or with IDiivil. It's great, while it lasted, but the lack of coop content didn't keep us busy for even three or four days. After doing the same levels twenty times each, the game gets old. I have a feeling mods for the PC version of the game won't work, either, since the game uses servers, and getting custom maps on EA's servers... well... you know.

It's a shame: I would have liked there to be more of a foundation for an online community.

the more interest shown in the game, the more realistic the idea of added content... sure, this might be a dream... however, I can assure anyone that the opposite will render the title deceased... I'd rather take the long shot odds than the dead sure outcome on this game...

basically, the main reason for anyone to join it would be to find other people still actively playing the game! as I say above, the more buzz created over it, the better... it's also a pity this one didn't receive the attention it should have... across the board from beta testing to marketing, the ball was dropped... EA has ONE mention of it on their twitter, and that was for the demo... they wrote it off before it released...

I agree that it lacks content... however, I don't have the ability to get bored of games that quickly... neither gamefly nor the cash to afford 60 bucks a week for new ones...

we may not have jumped up the leaderboard in the first hour, none of our members have 2000+ points per minute... I'd boot em if they did... lol but as it stands right now, InfectedOmen is sitting fairly comfortably in 2nd...

with all the exploiters popping up in randoms lately, I'm shocked we're still there... lol

I respect your opinions about not joining that forum, about the game in general... to each their own! lol several of my friends and I are still quite addicted to it...

Honestly, I think EA won't green light DLC due to it not "preforming to EA's expectations". EA's expectations are ridiculous these days. It's like they don't do any market testing on themes, and just think every gamer will go for a dystopian Sci-Fi shooter, or that tons of people weren't going to buy the game just because it wasn't the Syndicate they remembered from almost twenty years ago.

I did check out your boards, but I don't think they'd be able to justify DLC based on a group of 314 people. I don't even think they are interested in releasing a patch to fix the points exploit for healing a downed team mate for two hours straight. However...

If you could pull a Dark Souls, you could get a petition together. Dark Souls had no plans to be on PC, and low and behold: a petition got it ported to PC. If you could garner a few thousand players in to signing it, maybe it'd get someone's attention. A patch, a map pack, something.

Don't get me wrong, I was addicted to it, but 6-10 hours a day for a week (depending on schedule) is approximately 56 hours of play time, probably 48 of those spent in multiplayer. The only other game I've played that much was Team Fortress 2 over the course of two years. If more support is announced, a contest were held, or more of my friends get in to it, I'd probably jump back in.

I couldn't agree more! hell, 300+ members of that forum, but half of em are BOTS! lol

a petition was formed, but I think it may have too early... meaning, I think having a serious base of players talking about it, then present the petition so there would be several people ready to sign it would have been a more effective course of action...

I'm very addicted to the game still, but I can't even joke in saying I wouldn't salivate over new maps and such... it takes me a very long time to get bored of things, but I understand not everyone is this way...

the way I look at it, I agree with most everything you've said here, and for those reasons is why I'm attempting to drum up traffic... that Dark Souls petition worked, but it had to start somewhere... likely much like we are here... just a couple people talking about something they're passionate about...

plus, the bottom line of it is this... if we all stop talking about it, playing it, etc, it will *for sure* be a dead game... sure, I'm probably barking up the tallest tree in the woods... chances of it getting EA's attention enough to do something is likely smaller than my chances of getting struck by lightning on a clear day in the middle of winter in Alaska... while riding my freshly tamed moose... but as I say, I know what sitting here doing nothing will get all of us...

I know I ramble, but I feel I have to point out how awesome it is that you're still discussing a game you've mostly moved on from... if there were more gamers like you out there, EA wouldn't be *able* to turn a profit treating it's customers as they do...

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe its down to console legislation for patches and Dlc, but I can never see y games like this can't do micro changes. Even if it ment slightly simular maps but with enemy position changes and different types. Hell that could b done with encoded XML txt files!

But in all honesty, only way this game, Brink and others would have got by, is if they release Dlc in the form of a small addition campaign story to make it longer, and a free map pack, that were again parts of campaign lvls altered like above, within 3wks of launch

Alas most ppl I talk to just don't like the game. To me though they haven't played enough and haven't felt skillfull, and didn't understand campaign.

It makes me sad that this game will probably never see any DLC. I usually don't do DLC but I really really loved this game. But one can only play the same maps so many times before it does get a little dull.

I miss playin with my fellow Syndicate agents :D

Neurodyne FTW! #1 Syndicate

Fuck those boosting losers on the leaderboard. lol

It makes me sad that this game will probably never see any DLC. I usually don't do DLC but I really really loved this game. But one can only play the same maps so many times before it does get a little dull.

I hate to agree, but I must... I'd love to see them fill in the rest of the world on that map... I'm more likely to get struck by lightning...

just for clarification, InfectedOmen is #2 on that board right now and we're no boosters! :p

the only reason we're not in first is due to one guy and some excessively selfish tactics... I'm hoping he'll get bored of exploiting randoms eventually so we can take our proper spot...

seeing Neurodyne at the top of the list for so long was a huge motivation to us... I'm sure if your group was still active, we'd still be catching up...

NEUROOOODYYYYNNNNEEEE!

I hate to agree, but I must... I'd love to see them fill in the rest of the world on that map... I'm more likely to get struck by lightning...

just for clarification, InfectedOmen is #2 on that board right now and we're no boosters! :p

the only reason we're not in first is due to one guy and some excessively selfish tactics... I'm hoping he'll get bored of exploiting randoms eventually so we can take our proper spot...

seeing Neurodyne at the top of the list for so long was a huge motivation to us... I'm sure if your group was still active, we'd still be catching up...

To be honest, we'd probably fold in new members if we were still active. I've had an addiction to Awesomenauts (which is strictly a PVP game) recently and I think Syndicate VS Syndicate modes would have given the game a little more replayability. Not dissing coop; just another option. I'd probably still be playing if I had to assert market dominance over another Syndicate in a competitive objective match. :D

NEUROOOODYYYYNNNNEEEE!

To be honest, we'd probably fold in new members if we were still active. I've had an addiction to Awesomenauts (which is strictly a PVP game) recently and I think Syndicate VS Syndicate modes would have given the game a little more replayability. Not dissing coop; just another option. I'd probably still be playing if I had to assert market dominance over another Syndicate in a competitive objective match. :D

Omg...I totally want a mp mode like that in Syndicate!