What Sequel would you like to see?

Mr Cogfather

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, I was just wondering what kind of sequels you guy's or girl's would like to see in the future for any game, it doesn't have to be on Xbox 360 it could be a game for PC or PS3 or think way back and think of a game that you loved back in the day that you would like to see on the next gen consoles or this gens.

I hope they make a Half Life 3 (which I think is in the making?) and a Left 4 Dead 3. Oh man, and a good Silent Hill sequel! I seriously need to forget that Downpour ever existed. :uzi:

Guest Scotty

Rage 2. I think it was in development or at least rumoured so, but it was cancelled for whatever reason. The first one was one of my favourite games of all time, i would do anything for a sequel. The online was a bit lacking though, it could have done with not being there, or if a sequel was made being removed and have it focus entirely on a solid single player game. The co-op level's were pretty cool though, they would be a welcome return too.

Dragon's Dogma 2. The first was another gem that i went into with low expectations and it ending up being another of my all time favourites. All they would need to do with this is either completely re-do the 'fast travel' system or create some mounts. A Griffin or Chimera would be just the best.

I went back to revisit some old games I played along time ago but I went on to think about what Games would be incredible with another game!

My choices are

1. L.A. Noire

2. Bully : Scholarship Edition

3. Titanfall (Once its rundown)

4. Tony Hawks American Wasteland (Another game featuring the same characters)

I would like to see a sequel to 'Prisoner of War' or maybe even just a remake of the game would be awesome. I heard they may be continuing the Shenmue series which would be epic too. But for me, i personally believe a 'Prisoner of War' style of game would do well in the current market as there are little games similar to it in its genre.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Raitakana, dead on and awesome prediction on the whole Breath of Fire thing!!

I was just playing earlier actually Breath of Fire 4, and holy crap is that an underrated game. The dragons in that game look like a cross between the fantasy of hobbit and fire and ice, minus the high octane 3d visuals. Imagine that game in total 3D with glazed graphics on every layer of skin, it would be like something right out of Game of Thrones!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pLZhwP5ekOA/T9YlcJ6PpEI/AAAAAAAAOHE/usK_SOgCvh4/s1600/breath+of+fire+ii+wallpaper.jpg

Which makes me wonder, if MS seriously were to take a look at that how could they not love it on Xbox One. :D

Oh, I almost forgot. Ryu is like the reincarnation of Slayer from the dragon bane series of books and he looks like a cartoon character. Hahaha! So, we could finally see Ryu from the Breath of Fire series look exactly like Boromir, or someone straight out of Tolkien which would sell it to everyone.

He could have that Lost Odyssey asian vibe, with a cloak like Assassins Creed & the ability to steal from most everyone in the game. He could ride on dragons and train them, incorporating voice commands. Man that would be utterly sick!

:dance:

Which brings me to my question, what is your take on the Shenmue 3 rumors? I've heard lots of rumors recently about this game. I mean, they are just that...ya' know, second hand gossip.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net

It isn't anything except speeches from the game creator, so far. Yet there seems to be a lot of demand for the game and if you figured MS was looking for a classic series, what is your opinion on them snagging Shenmue?

Which brings me to my question, what is your take on the Shenmue 3 rumors? I've heard lots of rumors recently about this game. I mean, they are just that...ya' know, second hand gossip.

http://www.shenmuedojo.net

It ain't gossip anymore. Yes, this has been the whole thing actually. SHENMUE 3 is a high possibility of coming true, something no one had ever before seen coming.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-12-i-never-want-to-play-shenmue-3-half-life-3-or-the-last-guardian

Microsoft needs to change it up big time, and this time they need to make a splash. Now as you can see, it's all based on rumors....for now. Shenmue 3 rumors have risen to a fever pitch in fact.

Yet tomorrow, these rumors could very well come true. Now that Microsoft has established the Xbox One as a brand, MS needs to officially establish its mascot presence to win. :eek:

Thus, there is no better opportunity than say Shenmue 3. I was discussing this with some associates recently. People think Shenmue 3 wouldn't sell enough, but I brought up an interesting idea to him.

:p

I said, "That's a load of poppycock, man. If Sony can take something obscure like Dark Cloud and sell a million copies, then for Microsoft to do it with Shenmue is a no-brainer." And essentially my premise was this:

Shenmue 3, if the game was released exactly as is with no gameplay changes it would flop. Yet if Shenmue 3 was released, and had all the same mechanics as Sleeping Dogs has & then some....Shenmue 3 would make bank.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120219161657/segaforumgames/images/5/5f/RW-Shenmue-001.jpg

He came around to the idea. Because lets face it, Sleeping Dogs is a freaking incredible game. He can rip off motorcycles and gas stations, for cripes sake. Now if they toned down some of the violence & added all the interaction fans love from Shenmue, here we have a flat blockbuster.

Remember Sega and MS always wished to do Shenmue before, but they didn't feel they had the right engine for it and thus no funding. However look over at the Xbox One. That machine right there is a beast. It makes dreams into reality....Now picture Shenmue 3 with GFX 3x that of Sleeping Dogs and then toss in co-op play.

I'm gonna say this right now, Shenmue could happen. :D

Shenmue as an Xbox One exclusive, now that could fly as well. It is high time MS take off the gloves, if they are gonna truly take Europe by storm.

http://gearnuke.com/xbox-exclusive-phantom-dust-might-making-comeback-xbox-one/

They have an open opportunity, right now to catch up to Sony in Europe. With Gears plus Halo/new IP, they can soar past Sony in North America. Not so in Europe.

In Europe, if they wish to get serious and truly crush PS4 for now....They need Breath of Fire 6 and Shenmue 3.

Here is the strategy:

Re-boot the Xbox One and relaunch the system. This ain't the same Xbox, make 'em notice.

Snag and prepare to launch the following games.

Breath of Fire 6,

Quantum Break,

Conker's Bad Day 2,

Lost Odyssey 2,

Shenmue 3,

Half Life 3: Boxed

Phantom Dust 2 done with dragons in the way Futasagi imagined it,

Halo 5,

Gears of War 4,

Alan Wake 2 .....and let the blood letting begin.

Have a mascot "OFFICIALLY" launch with the system this time, and their system will sail right past the PS4. Breath of Fire and Conker 2 alone, would get 3/4 of Europe all buzzing like mad..A Halo and Quantum Break bundle would break sales records in Europe, within a week.

As for how they can actually get some people to take Xbox seriously. CAPCOM teamed up with Tencent to sell Monster Hunter to the Chinese. Pay CAPCOM a license fee and use Ryu for promotion. Go to the biggest convention in Europe, the fantasy convention and plant Ryu smack in the middle of the Iron Throne. Get people revved for Ryu's return!!

Ryu w/ cool clothes = Breath of Fire's finest mascot gets the crowds buzzing. Hit the stage with the Game of Thrones cast, and do a cross-over. BREATH OF FIRE will get the whole Game of Thrones fan-base going bananas for Xbox.

And then bring out Conker as the Xbox official mascot, Conker 2 will get the masses jezzed up and excited as Xbox One owns the European console charts. The Wii U is canceled in ASADA, and PS4 vs Xbox One will be front in center throughout Europe this time.

If they go all out in Europe as they sure should, then this will cross over as success in territories like Japan. In Japan, they can just make their entire console's mascot be Ryu from Breath of Fire. Deck him out in the stylish anime chainmail and hit 16,000 consoles a week. And I liked Blue Dragon as well, so if they do decently, they toss Blue Dragon 2 in the mix and watch as the Wii U falls to third place in Japan after 6 months.

They should just flat do all the above. In fact, the Xbox One's fortunes would turn around so fast it's not even funny. Just spread the games out....but if MS is serious, they WILL bring Phantom Dust 2.

Xbox One needs to get serious, and if they want to hit the PS4 hard who is launching Wild Arms 6 and Legend of Dragoon...then they need the games.

And they will indeed, launch the Breath of Fire series as well as Phantom Dust in Japan after they are blitzing the games across Europe. Because if they wish to win, games like Conker 2 & Breath will steal the show.... :)

Edited by RaitakanaMendoza

Yet if Shenmue 3 was released, and had all the same mechanics as Sleeping Dogs has & then some....Shenmue 3 would make bank.

:eek: Hey Rai, oh man that idea for shenmue three sounds freaking sick. It's like it could be modern era, year 200X with blazing fast 3D graphics and cars. Hell yeah do I want a shenmue iii if you can hijack the guy down the street's helicopter and hit up the bar.

Oh man oh man the possibilities. One thing though I worry about, if they come out full steam with Conker 2 what's gonna become of the Wii U? I guess that's just what winds up another footnote of history....hahahahaha!

if they come out full steam with Conker 2 what's gonna become of the Wii U?

That's just the thing, you see. Nintendo at least has that new exclusive Fatal Frame game coming, so they should do decently maybe at best...before falling off the map. :D

I mean hell, I don't know anyone who is actually looking forward to the game. It could be good because it's Fatal Frame and there's no Resident Evil out yet, but I sure as heck wouldn't count on people playing it with that pad.

Oh god, what a freaking gimmick that thing is. I won't get anywhere near that Fatal Frame series, after I experienced the awesome legend that is DEAD RISING. That game pad thing is whack as hell, and I can't see them keeping that thing while they become Europe's last footnote in history. :biglaugh

Getting back to what I was saying before. I don't think stuff like the avengers is too bad, but Microsoft needs to land some TV shows that make Europe stand up and take notice.

Here's the top TV shows I feel MS needs to land in the months ahead, to turn Europe around and possibly even take the lead:

1) Reboot the entire Conker franchise by opening up a Conker inspired 3D computer animated series. It could feature Conker shooting his mouth off, perfect for teens 'n adults.

2) Land a soap box series based off of Alan Wake's NIGHT SPRINGS. Now we're talking, connect Alan Wake to the game and advertise Quantum Break.

3)Open up a new TV series for the cast from LOST: Via Domus. Feature the actors of Warehouse 13 or similar Stargate spinoffs on Fox, because they could really nail that Uncharted feel.

4) Most important of all, do a cross-over with the X-Men. I think the upcoming X-Men movie on May 23rd is going to be, hell bloody likely the best ever and it would be a win-win for Xbox buzz in Europe.

Sony got awfully cozy with Sony Pictures and Spiderman, which was real smart to plan for the future. Microsoft needs to strike that kind of relationship with Fox and their team, so they could do ads for X-Men and even team up for an X-Men game tied to the TV show down the line.

I say it's a no brainer, cut a deal with Marvel and 21st Century Fox. :p

And re-boot Shenmue with a Shenmue 2 re release.

Edited by RaitakanaMendoza

It's not even finished yet, but I already want a sequel to The Wolf Among Us. I'm a big Fables fan, so I'd love to see another series set in the very distant past or the present.

Another Fable is a must too, and they need to do it soon because the Game of Thrones season will be nearing its finale. Also when Sony launches The Last Guardian and Uncharted 4, it's a whole new ball game then. MS' games like Halo or Lost Odyssey are freaking brilliant, but even they can't stop the titanic of those games I just mentioned so they need to be ready to rumble.