Desoto dominator

Just wondering about this...

Haven't completed the game yet, but I see the guides say you have to be in the mini games to get the extra upgrades, but on the annoying bagpipe one, I quit the mini game as I was on the gold part, and it slowed th car back to to normal speed and I was allowed to shoot the safe and sink, and it awarded me the prize.

My question to this is:

Does it effect the achievement

and the one thing I am not sure about is do I have to complete the gold trial? Or is it one prize for just the first drive and the safe shooting bits etc?

The achievement isnt unlocking and I got all the decals. I did however miss a few but I loaded up the episodes I missed them on and I now have all of them. Any advice because I really dont want to start the entire game over again.

I feared this would be the case! I will try to confrm with an alternate account today, but I suggest going back to WHAT'S NEW BEELEZBUB & talking to THE COPS again. They SHOULD* tell you that you have all decals & upgrades and then give you the UBER UPGRADE!

(* this is still speculation until someone confirms it!)

I feared this would be the case! I will try to confrm with an alternate account today, but I suggest going back to WHAT'S NEW BEELEZBUB & talking to THE COPS again. They SHOULD* tell you that you have all decals & upgrades and then give you the UBER UPGRADE!

(* this is still speculation until someone confirms it!)

Is the uber upgrade the possesed car because thats what I ended up with before I got the achievement and thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Is the uber upgrade the possesed car because thats what I ended up with before I got the achievement and thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

No, the five DeSoto upgrades are as follows;

[spoiler=1]EPISODE 1 - A turbo-charger for the engine of the DeSoto.

EPISODE 2 - A hula-girl dashboard doll.

EPISODE 3 - A flame custom paint-job for the front of the DeSoto.

EPISODE 5 - Demonic grill teeth!

UBER UPGRADE - Red/blue flashing police lights on the roof and the front of the DeSoto

EDIT: Just to confirm the DESOTO DOMINATOR achievement if you go back to replay any of the mini-games:

Once you've got all decals for an Episode, SAVE it (either MANUALLY or via AUTO-SAVE) and QUIT to main-menu. (IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE IT HAS SAVED! If not, you will have to do the mini-game again! The upgrade WILL NOT appear on the DeSoto in later Episodes!)

When you're happy you have all 20 decals (or at least the 15 from Episodes 1, 2 & 3), play WHAT'S NEW BEELZEBUB? and select your last SAVE GAME.

- If you've already completed the Episode 5 mini-game, then talk to THE C.O.P.S. again and ask to play their game. Then press Y to quit the game and BACK to return to STRAIGHT STREET. You will then get the UBER UPGRADE and the achievement.

- If you've NOT completed Episode 5 mini-game, then play as described in the guide.

Edited by tastefulmrship
Confirmed DESOTO DOMINATOR achievement.

I nailed the gold bagpipe level the first time. The key seems to be to use the front corners of the car to hit the pipes, rather than running right over them - so you're basically just swerving in to clip them, then swerving away again. You'll still hit the accordions some of the time but you can still finish using this method.

Edit: another interesting thing I just realized. You have to finish a level to register the final decal and get the upgrade, you can't just return to the garage. I realized on Episode 2 I was missing the actual upgrade from Episode 1, because I got the 'YOU ROCK' animation from getting all the decals in Episode 2. I went back to an Ep1 save, got the last decal, finished the round, then it went back to the garage and did the animation there too, awarding me the reward. Loaded my Ep2 save and lo and behold, the upgrade is there on the car.

At least it's not being overly punitive and making me play through Ep1 and the first part of Ep2 again!

Edited by BrotherMagneto
added more info

I knew these driving minigames would cause me problems. On release day I had at least 30 tries to get the gold decal in the whack zombies with cds game, but could not do it. Today I got it on my 1st attempt.

I used to suck at Paperboy as well, so I guess that has something to do with it.

That one is proving to be quite a pain in my ass as well. Last one I need to beat before I can get the achievement, but damn it's annoying.

EDIT: Okay, cool. Right after posting that I found a strategy that worked well for me. I played with the antenna still attatched, got as close to the upcoming zombie as I could and pressed B when the antenna was touching the zombie. It worked well enough to get my 25th CD delivered right as the clock ran out and they gave me the decal and vehicle upgrade. Time to head back to episode 5 and get an achievement! :D

EDIT 2: Oh yeah, I stayed on the left side of the road for that. Probably wouldn't work on the right considering the angle of the camera.

Edited by mjc0961

Now I have got all the decals but i still can't get the final upgrade and the relative achievement. I have stuck in the mini-game-in Episode2 (hitting the Bagpipe ) for 2days I want to know should i beat the gold level in order to get the achievement? Any other alternatives? thanks

None of the stuff for the bonus decals seems to load up in my game. The first mini-game took about half an hour after I'd hit all the other items for the blimp to appear and now on the bagpipe game the safe, kitchen sink and tyre just don't show up. The sink was there a while ago but now wont appear, even though I definitely didn't hit it!

This is so annoying!!!

Now I have got all the decals but i still can't get the final upgrade and the relative achievement. I have stuck in the mini-game-in Episode2 (hitting the Bagpipe ) for 2days I want to know should i beat the gold level in order to get the achievement? Any other alternatives? thanks

You need to get GOLD in all 4 mini-games to get the upgrades. Once you have all 4 go back to WHAT'S NEW, BEELEZUB? to get the 5th, and final, upgrade (achievement unlocked). B.O.U. is the hardest mini-game made even harder by the fact you cannot control the DeSoto while shooting objects, like you can on the PC version! Dang you to hell, TellTale!

There is no other way to do this; other than GAMESAVING of course... and we wouldn't want to do that now, would we? No, no, no matron!

None of the stuff for the bonus decals seems to load up in my game. The first mini-game took about half an hour after I'd hit all the other items for the blimp to appear and now on the bagpipe game the safe, kitchen sink and tyre just don't show up. The sink was there a while ago but now wont appear, even though I definitely didn't hit it!

This is so annoying!!!

As annoying as the INSULT SWORDFIGHTING last few insults?

Just keep at it and they will eventually appear. Make sure SAM is always shooting, even during the COPS dialogue between games. Be careful when mashing to skip dialogue, as this causes SAM to sit back down! Bad choice of button there, methinks!

I had to play through that mini-game 5 times while confirming the achievement and it didn't get any easier or less annoying. I have less hair on my head to prove it!

Edited by tastefulmrship

I got 20 decals on my desoto (counted several times) and finished all gold levels but I still don't get the achievement.

When I talk to the COPS on "Whats new belzebub" they keep saying: We can't do something for your car because its possesed and evil.

Whats your advise? Should I complete all gold stages again?

edit:

Got it now after all

I just had to replay the First Mini Game. I failed at the challenge of hitting 60 toys this time but after that the COPS told me that I now have every decal for that.

Anyway I just replayed that minigame and didn't do anything. Think its just glitched.

Edited by Arenazombie

• 4 weeks later...

How in the lords name do you kill 45 rats in 60 secs without the car ripping off your kills?? am i missing something? cause that seems a heck of a lot harder than the bagpipes (which was a challenge i admit).

There MUST be something obvious i am missing because it is HARD. I don't think i should have to apply my best modern warfare aiming tactics to beat this.

help??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
No, the five DeSoto upgrades are as follows;

[spoiler=1]EPISODE 1 - A turbo-charger for the engine of the DeSoto.

EPISODE 2 - A hula-girl dashboard doll.

EPISODE 3 - A flame custom paint-job for the front of the DeSoto.

EPISODE 5 - Demonic grill teeth!

UBER UPGRADE - Red/blue flashing police lights on the roof and the front of the DeSoto

EDIT: Just to confirm the DESOTO DOMINATOR achievement if you go back to replay any of the mini-games:

Once you've got all decals for an Episode, SAVE it (either MANUALLY or via AUTO-SAVE) and QUIT to main-menu. (IMPORTANT: MAKE SURE IT HAS SAVED! If not, you will have to do the mini-game again! The upgrade WILL NOT appear on the DeSoto in later Episodes!)

When you're happy you have all 20 decals (or at least the 15 from Episodes 1, 2 & 3), play WHAT'S NEW BEELZEBUB? and select your last SAVE GAME.

- If you've already completed the Episode 5 mini-game, then talk to THE C.O.P.S. again and ask to play their game. Then press Y to quit the game and BACK to return to STRAIGHT STREET. You will then get the UBER UPGRADE and the achievement.

- If you've NOT completed Episode 5 mini-game, then play as described in the guide.

I got all the decals and still have no lights. Should I just restart episode 5?

I got all the decals and still have no lights. Should I just restart episode 5?

!IMPORTANT! Make sure you have all 20 decals (press A on the boot/trunk of the DeSoto) and all 4 MYSTERY UPGRADES. If not, replay the mini-games until they are all there!

When happy, load up Episode 5 (if not already in Episode 5).

Speak to The C.O.P.S. (in the garage).

Ask to play their game again.

Quit out of the rat-splat mini-game.

You will get your UBER MYSTERY UPGRADE and achievement.

• 2 months later...