My Thoughts so far.

I picked up the game today and am enjoying it quite a bit. If it wasn't for my kids and getting stuff done around the house I'd be playing non-stop.

I separate out my initial thoughts into "Plus" and "Minus"

Plus:

• Songs sound great
  • The dancing is very fun and not too difficult on most songs
  • Great workout!
  • Environments are very well done
  • The camera movements give you a great feeling of being on stage
  • The combination of dancing and singing is fun
  • Glad you can just do the dancing w/o the singing too

Minus:

• Tutorials are not the best. They have videos that just play and you basically have to watch and replay the video and mimic the dancers. It doesn't walk you through it like Dance Central. There is a practice mode, but it doesn't provide any feedback to correct any errors you perform other than scoring you lower. Plus it doesn't do move-by-move. It just separates out the song into sections and plays through each sections moves with no pauses.
  • During song selection it would be nice to see what your score or "star" progress is without having to actually select the song.
  • Singing in the game is not very challening, in fact, you can get perfect lines just by mumbling at times. However, there are other times when I hit the line right on and for some reason it doesn't detect that I said the word "I" or "the"
  • I'd like to be able to perform the a songs full dance (hardest difficulty) without singing. I don't know if you can as I haven't found a way. Maximum performance mode has all the dance moves for a given song, (ex: smooth criminal) but also has the singing. I'd like to just dance to all the moves because when I select only to "dance" to that song, it doesn't include all the moves.

Also, I found that the leaderboard achievement "Super Star" is for the local leaderboards on you console. Easy way to get it is to play a vocal only song and get 5 stars and then stop singing. Then play again and complete the song singing all the way through with 5 stars. BAM! Achievement unlocked!

If you're a fan of dancing games or Michael Jackson, pick this one up!!!

Edited by Superman1180

I just got this game tonight, I plan to play it tomorrow morning. It sounds like the game should be good. It's too bad about the tutorial modes though, I was really looking forward to learning some of the moves.

Thanks for the cheeve tip :)

No problem. Repetition is your best way to learn the dance moves and most of them were not too bad for me. (everyone is different though, so who knows) I did try Smooth Criminal on "Maximum Performance" though and that kicked my butt, not sure if I'll ever be able to 5 star that one...

I'm hoping to get this game within the month, and it's nice to hear some pro/con feedback. I didn't know that you could do the singing and dancing, I thought it was either/or based on the song. (Haven't looked too much into it, hoping for a surprise) I'm not too put off by the seemingly lackluster tutorial, since I'm still sloughing my way through Dance Central.

Besides, having a $10 coupon from BB helps solidify the deal :woop:

Hell yeah it gives you a workout! I love this game! Props to Michael Jackson and his legendary moves; that nobody else can top!

Anyway, yes, the tutorial does suck, but practice mode is actually better!

P.S. - how do you choose "sing" only? I haven't touched the performance or master performance modes yet, so are they there? I'm still practicing lol, I don't wanna get destroyed in master performance! Beat it and Smooth Criminal down!

Hell yeah it gives you a workout! I love this game! Props to Michael Jackson and his legendary moves; that nobody else can top!

Anyway, yes, the tutorial does suck, but practice mode is actually better!

P.S. - how do you choose "sing" only? I haven't touched the performance or master performance modes yet, so are they there? I'm still practicing lol, I don't wanna get destroyed in master performance! Beat it and Smooth Criminal down!

some songs got vocals only, performance is with dancing and vocals mixed. Havent figured out yet if you can sing only in a song with performance option.

got the game today and its hard to get 5 stars on performance lol or im just that bad xP practice makes perfect they say, lets hope that it also works in my case

i've been playing for the last 2 days several hours a day .(my body is screaming at me right now) you cannot go vocal only in performance mode unless the song says vocal performance.

can anyone tell me where to find the end credits? i could go for an easy achievement, & i just may be having a stroke ;-)

btw, only master I've 5 starred was "bad", wife thought i was crazy when i called to tell her "I'm Bad".

i've been playing for the last 2 days several hours a day .(my body is screaming at me right now) you cannot go vocal only in performance mode unless the song says vocal performance.

can anyone tell me where to find the end credits? i could go for an easy achievement, & i just may be having a stroke ;-)

btw, only master I've 5 starred was "bad", wife thought i was crazy when i called to tell her "I'm Bad".

I had trouble finding them also. I recall finding them on the pause menu (while in game hold left arm at a 45 degree angle and right arm beside body). Hope this helps.

i love Michael Jackson and i love Dance Central but DC is a lot better with the tracking of your body and teaching you how to do the moves, the music is WAAY better in this game though. I'm happy with my purchase, i'm really enjoying it despite it being REALLY HARD hehe :)

Nice to see everyone enjoying the game as much as I have. I've been working on performance modes and have gotten a few 5 star ratings. "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough" was probably the hardest for me so far.

I've begun to attempt "Smooth Criminal" and have yet to get more than 4 stars... I think this may be the hardest one for me currently.

One of the stand-out things with the game is the amount of polish on the menus etc. The navigation system is similar to that of Your Shape (One of the best Kinect navigation systenms I've seen so far) and the responsiveness is excellent. The vocal recognition is good, and the dance side of things is at least as good as Dance Central. I was impressed with the title over all, I just need to improve my dancing to get my scores up now.

Nice to see everyone enjoying the game as much as I have. I've been working on performance modes and have gotten a few 5 star ratings. "Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough" was probably the hardest for me so far.

I've begun to attempt "Smooth Criminal" and have yet to get more than 4 stars... I think this may be the hardest one for me currently.

Same here man, smooth criminal has so many different moves. Thriller was the easiest for me, the moves are predictable but very cool. I didnt find the 70`s songs that hard, cause im kinda disco:) But most def a challenging game.. yet so much fun!

I think it is very good , at first I coudn't follow the dance steps as it is quite different to the Wii version I played.

It seemed to by harder then the Dance Central demo I played as the dance movement section on the right hand side of the screen seems smaller then Dance Central and when you stood 6-10 ft away it makes it quite difficult to see