How Would You Rate This Game On a Scale From 1-10

Farfrompuken1

1. story line is ok, where u play as kane in single player you got to get somethink in this bag but tbh i cant remember what it is or it dose not tell you what you are going to get but you have to get it for this gang call the7 if you u dont get it in time your family will be killed, so you have lynch who works for this gang to keep an eye on you make sure you are gettin it for them thats about it rly.. so i will give it about 6.5/10

2. online that can be a joke wen u have ppl working together like they want the money so they will just kill you from the start so they get a bigger share of it then you have ppl who will BAD rep you cuz u got more money then them, my rep has gone down hill since playing this game it is a joke... 6.5/10

3. the graphics are ok not the best in the world but it is what you expect from a 3rd person shooter tho.7/10

4.gameplay is not bad like it like any other 3rd person shooter, it will take about 3hr to finish on easy mode on hard hard mode it took me 4hrs to do co-op can take about 2hrs thats what it took me to do but co-op have to be done with abother friend it is not online so make sure you have got some1 good to help you get it done or you can do hard on co-op to get them both out of the way in one go but it is up to you.7/10

hope that helps you mate.

2. online that can be a joke wen u have ppl working together like they want the money so they will just kill you from the start so they get a bigger share of it then you have ppl who will BAD rep you cuz u got more money then them, my rep has gone down hill since playing this game it is a joke... 6.5/10

3. the graphics are ok not the best in the world but it is what you expect from a 3rd person shooter tho.7/10

Gears is a 3rd person shooter, but anyway.

Considering that there are only 4 maps, and 1 game mode, the online is great. I have killed traitors, betrayed people, and my rep has not decreased at all. What is the point in killing someone right at the start? You are gonna need their help killing the cops.

Gears is a 3rd person shooter, but anyway.

Considering that there are only 4 maps, and 1 game mode, the online is great. I have killed traitors, betrayed people, and my rep has not decreased at all. What is the point in killing someone right at the start? You are gonna need their help killing the cops.

Sorry i forgot about Gears (thats good 3rd person) any way the thing is i dont kill any of my team i dont become a traitor cuz i dont c the point of it cuz u will need there help at the end of the day but if i see someone running around with a big orange tag above there head then i will kill them..

1.How is the Story line???

The story starts out with you escaping from death row. This gang called The7 has broke you out and is forcing you to find "their" money because of something that had happened a long time ago. The instruction book reads that you killed 25 Venezualeans and you thought that you were the only mercenary left so you took all the money, which is why you were on death row. Now you must fight with this other deathrow inmate named Lynch and he is who contacts the leaders of The7 to give them updates to make sure you are trying to get the money back or else they will kill your wife and daughter. Your main enemy in this game is the police.

8/10

2.How is the Online???

The online is definately different. You choose whether or not you want to remain on a team with the starting people in your group. You can choose to stick together which makes it easier to rob the bank and kill the police, or you can betray your teamates in order to make more money from the heist because there will be less people you must share the money with in the end. If you are the person that has been betrayed however, you spawn back as a police officer and try to stop the robbers, aka the people who just killed and betrayed you.

8/10

3.How is the Graphics???

Nothing special really. Same old Same old if you ask me. Kind of reminds me of GTA. 6/10

4.How is the Game Play

There are a lot of different guns that you can use and the way that they all shoot are [i think] realistic. There is a cover system that you can use to peek around corners although I don't think it was implemented as well as in Gears. It seems every other word they are dropping the F-bomb so I suppose that could possibly be a concern. The aiming is a bit hard at first only because this is definately not a run and gun type game. If you take cover, get set, and pop out, you have the best chance of shooting whomever you are aiming at.

8/10

All in all I think it is a great game. There is also split screen co-op mode so you can play along with friends. It really is tough choosing to buy it or not, but after you beat the story once I don't know if you would want to play through it again. The online play is definately worthy of checking out. I wouldn't really be worried about your rep dropping only because you betrayed someone, it is part of the game afterall. Like I said, tough choice buying it or not, I think it will come down to if you like playing online. When in doubt, rent it! Hope I helped.

if your not going to play online dont waste your money, rent it or something u can beat it in a few hours and take it back. Online isnt as great when u have games like COD4, Halo3, Orange box that are online. If they would have haded a few more game modes i would give the online play in this game another look. Also if u play late at night then u wont ever find any good games, at most i have seen only 3 rooms at night, however in the day time its a bit more packed. But i dont see this game lasting online for very long, but thats just my opinion.

Overall 7/10 just b.c 3rd persons are rare right now it was fun to play something different then a 1st person shooter.

I'll give this a 7/10, endings arn't great but I liked the story for the most part, would have been nice to see some more character development on the part of Lynch or some flashbacks in Kane's past.

2.How is the Online???

Changed to 8/10, see post below.2/10, I find the online for this game terrible. Shot straight at someone & they didn't go down, he killed me in 2 hits from about 30 foot. Also got a lot of verbal insults from some dude in a game claiming I shot him for no reason, wasn't me though. Told him it was the other guy but he wasn't having any of it. The guy that killed him said I was the one that betrayed him straight after he shot him. So yeah I just don't like the online, maybe it was just an experience with a bad group though.

3.How is the Graphics???

8/10, this scores high from me mainly because the scenery gets shot up or blown to pieces as bullets or explosives hit scenery & I like the blur effects you get at times like when you first start playing as Kane.

4.How is the Game Play???

5/10, This game had a lot of potential if you ask me but they kinda messed it up a bit, I got shot through a wall a few times in online & the controls don't feel finished properly at times but my main gripe is your allies A.I.

You're trying to line up a shot & the idiots start walking into you which then pushes you out of the way & suddenly the nicely lined up shot you had is now staring at a wall. Also they sometimes seem to run out into the open like idiots when you told them to come back to you behind some cover, so now you need to run out their & revive them, great.

I felt the game was excellent at the beginning, being chased by cops & robbing banks, really reminded me of the movie "Heat". Here's what I'm talking about - [ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=USZARLgMl6o]YouTube - Heat Shootout[/ame]

But towards the end when you're in army gear & shooting it out with soldiers I personally felt it lost it's appeal. I mean there already loads of army/war themed games out there but robbing banks & shooting out the back of a get away van at cop cars? Now that's different.

---

Seriously though I would rent this instead of buying it.

If you want a 3rd person game with good online then get GRAW.

Wow, the video of Heat looks EXACTLY like one of your first missions. Simply incredible. The online, like I said was different. The difference between Kane and Lynch online vs. Halo3 or Cod4 is that you must rely on planning and being careful. You must communicate with your team, it was meant to be strategic. There is no sense of comparing this to a team slayer type of game because your objective is not to get kills, it is about robbing a bank.

Wow, the video of Heat looks EXACTLY like one of your first missions. Simply incredible. The online, like I said was different. The difference between Kane and Lynch online vs. Halo3 or Cod4 is that you must rely on planning and being careful. You must communicate with your team, it was meant to be strategic. There is no sense of comparing this to a team slayer type of game because your objective is not to get kills, it is about robbing a bank.

there is no such thing as "planing" "communicating" everyone shoots eachoter at the end, thats all online is, kill cops grab money get shot at by your team. I have not played once with a team that talks, and i have no played once where the team all plans the heist and are actual partners

Thats been my experince for 10 games straight so far.

Also got a lot of verbal insults from some dude in a game claiming I shot him for no reason, wasn't me though. Told him it was the other guy but he wasn't having any of it. The guy that killed him said I was the one that betrayed him straight after he shot him. So yeah I just don't like the online, maybe it was just an experience with a bad group though.

I mean there already loads of army/war themed games out there but robbing banks & shooting out the back of a get away van at cop cars? Now that's different.

---

Seriously though I would rent this instead of buying it.

If you want a 3rd person game with good online then get GRAW.

The first part about online play can be true. Without the right "crew" a "hiest" can go sour real quick. When it comes down to it, this game brings out the asshole in people and there are a lot of assholes out there, especially for some reason on xbox live.... With friends, it is some of the most fun i've had with my friends playing online, without friends, a complete waste of time and anger over stupid little boys.

As for the the beginning and end of the game, I couldn't agree more. I loved the game for its completely unprecedented set-up. How many games can you be a bank robber? The end was completly upsetting, turning the unique experience into a disgusting last three levels...

And I couldn't agree more about renting this game. I like the game, I'm not one of those flamers that were filling up this fourm with Kane and Lynch bashing, however the game has little reply value, and if your friends don't have this game (or worse they plain hate it), and you don't have someone to play co-op with, getting achievements can be pretty hard. Playing without friends is impossible. There are a lot of "crews" out there with only three people, and it's for a good reason. A three person crew allows for maximum split if you simply kill the single loner (usually me without friends). This game is listed as one of my most regreted games ever buying. You should seriously consider renting first.

Ok I would like to amend my statement on the online play now that I have played it for the last couple of days & understand what is going on fully:

I now give online play an 8/10, it is actually rather good.

Turns out that my first 2 games were in rooms with a bunch of assholes. Now that I have played over 130 sessions it would seem that my first 2 were the worst, whole team were tking buggers, straight off the bat.

If you can get a good crew then it is fun, if you get a bunch of foul mouthed tkers then it sucks. I have nothing against turning traitor but at least do it after some cash has been grabbed or you are out of the spawning area.

When I host I ask that ppl obey the "1st round, no traitor" rule which means that no one tk's for the first round so it gives everyone an opportunity to buy some kevlar.

I would have liked to have seen the following though:

Be able to pick up dropped guns

More maps

Online co-op

Everybody starts with no weapons & has to go over to a van at spawn to purchase weapons

Wider choice of weapons

More modes, like half team as robbers & half as cops at start.

More enemies in each map or an option to do this like you can in GRAW.

Class types, like for example a driver (can drive a car) that has to drop everyone off at the beginning then drive away with cop cars chasing him & make it back to the meet up point to pick ppl up in time.

there is no such thing as "planing" "communicating" everyone shoots eachoter at the end, thats all online is, kill cops grab money get shot at by your team. I have not played once with a team that talks, and i have no played once where the team all plans the heist and are actual partners

Thats been my experince for 10 games straight so far.

You obviously haven't played with my team then 'cos we cover each other & set out plans. We also try to bribe cops sometimes.

Hit me up if you want a good game.

• 3 weeks later...

1.How is the story-line?

8 out of 10 - The Story is really good. Doesn't go into too much depth, which is a shame. Great fun to play, especially if you've got a friend to do Co-op with.

2.How is the online-play?

7 out of 10 - There is so much fun to be had with very little given to you. With only 4 maps, you've basically got the online sussed in a matter of games. That's not the only downfall. People not being able to game properly. Try and stay out of games where people are playing with their friends, because they can screw you over, but try and do that to them and you'll only get punished every start of every round.

3.How is the graphics?

7 out of 10 - Eidos have never had the best graphics, but it's not as bad as it could have been.

4.How is the game-play?

6 out of 10 - It can be very frustrating at times. The aim is not the best. AI isn't the most intelligent group of folk I've played against, but that doesn't mean to say that they'll not catch you off guard. Overall, it was rushed. Not a great deal has went into it. As read on another thread, it has an acquired taste to it.

Overall...

7 out of 10 - Hope that helps.

The storyline in this game is simply awesome, differs from other games and it's just so interesting and well written. 10/10

2.How is the Online???

Not tried yet.

3.How is the Graphics???

Nothing special, definately not bad though. 7/10

4.How is the Game Play

Controls are quite weird at the beginning, but when you play the game a little forward you will get familiar with the controls. Aiming is still a little hard though. 7/10

Overall I'd give it a 8/10.

Like Gatsu said, it starts out real strong with great voice acting, but by the last few missions the story just loses control. Breaking out of jail and robbing banks was cool. Flying to some country to participate in a civil war...not really.

Then there's the "multiple endings", both of them suck really bad. It's like a slap in the face, "Heey thanks for playing our game! Unfortunately, we kinda didn't know how to wrap it up so we decided to just whing it! Hope you aren't too disappointed!".

Overall, I'd give it a 6/10.

2.How is the Online???

If played right, the online's pretty fun. There aren't that many maps though, so it may get repetitive after a while. The last few minutes when you're waiting for the getaway van with your "buddy" is always fun though. You never know if they're planning on killing you and keeping the money for himself. Hell, you could be thinking the exact same thing. Overall though I'd say 8/10.

3.How is the Graphics???

Not much to say here. It's nothing spectacular, but it doesn't suck. I'd say 7/10.

4.How is the Game Play

Basically Hitman, except instead of a mysterious and skilled assassin you play an "old and slightly overweight has-been". The controls take a bit to get used to, and the aiming is pretty crappy. If the crosshair is on the guy's head, I expect the bullet to pierce his skull, not his knee caps. Then there's the adrenaline shots. Kinda like Phoenix Downs, except too much of it results in heart failure and you die.

Which brings up a whole new issue. When you die, it's not instantaneous like Halo or Gears. No, it's much slower and painful. Kane breathes heavily while the screen gets fuzzy, and you hear past event dialogue in a strange echo, like Kane's life is flashing before his eyes or something. It's also a little weird to hear "You're stealing your own shit?!", something you hear pretty early in the game, at the final level.

I dunno, I think they could've done much better with this. I give the game play a 5/10.