Achievement Discussion w/videos

Shelton

Achievement list can be found HERE.

Thought I would compile all the videos currently available. If there are any that you have seen that do not appear here, feel free to post them. Also, the achievement list has been revealed, though it is subject to change. I'd say the majority will remain the same...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMt3sOID9g&feature=youtube]‪F1 2011 Turkish GP Offscreen Gameplay Footage‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBndp95I9AI&feature=channel_video_title]‪F1 2011 - Offscreen Montreal Time Trial‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uREFKJncVI0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 Preview to coverage‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SnxWIKjce0&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 Preview Event Gameplay Video - Silverstone‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY2Sl59VRIc&feature=related]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 Silverstone Wet - With TC Assists (cockpit view)‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn_czJbjZY0&feature=related]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 - Spa Dry Race‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLaSFJcWSN0]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 Official Beta Gameplay- In The Wet‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie6YDTlTBXE&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 - Spa Dry Race (preview)‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrqW7GVgVLo]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 Race Footage - Silverstone (16 player, dry)‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gt9WvxuMtg]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 Previews - Menus‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGB3E3-JLfo]YouTube - ‪F1 2011 Gameplay Silverstone Cockpit View Legendary AI, All assits off.‬‏[/ame]

F1 2011 Achievements

Have You Considered DIRT 3? - You performed a drift of 10 metres or more

Season Opener - Complete your first Career Race

Pole Position - Take the first Pole Position of your Career

Just The Beginning - Take your first Career Victory

Lightning Fast - Set the Fastest Penalty Free Lap of the Race in any game mode

Sublime Talent - Set the Fastest Lap in ever Session of a Long Race Weekend in any mode

Push The Button - Cleanly Overtake an Opponent While KERS is activated

Winging It - Cleanly Overtake an Opoonent while the Adjustable Rear Wing is activated

Precision Driving - Complete any Race without Colliding with another Car or Object

Constructor's Champion - Win the Constructors' Championship in Career

Drivers World Champion - Win the Drivers' World Championship in Career

On The Bounce - Beat Alberto Ascaris Record fo 9 Successive Career Victories

Do It Yourself - Win a Race in any mode using Manual Gears

They're on which Buttons? - Win a race without activating Kers or Adjustable Rear Wing once

Co-Op Drivers' Champion - Win the Drivers Championship in a Co-op Season

Test Driver - Cover a total of 500 Pracitice miles / 805 kilometres in your Career

Drivers World Championship (Hard) - Win the Drivers World Championship in Career on Hard or Expert Difficulty

Blue Flag - Lap at least 6 other cars during a Race in any game mode

Trophy Collector - Win a Race at each of the 19 Circuits in any game mode

Car Control - Win a Race without any Driver Assists enabled in any game mode

Impeccable Performance - Win a Race from Pole Position in any game mode

Keep your Friends Close - Complete a full Co-op Season

Completionist - Set a Time in all of the Time Attack Scenarios

Opportunist - Perform a Pit-stop during a Safety Car Period

Senna-esque - On lap 1 under heavy rain conditions take the lead after starting no higher than 5th on the grid

Glancing Blow - With Damage on Full make contact with the wall at Monaco and win the Race

Is Jenson going to pass or not? - Win the Turkish Grand Prix driving as Lewis Hamilton

Slingshot - Spend a total of 10 minutes Slipstreaming your opponents in any game mode

On the Podium - In any Race Finish in the top three

Down to the Wire - Take the Lead on the Final Lap of a 20% + distance rate and Win

Keeping it Clean - Finish an online race without making contact with an opponent's car

Robot-like Constency - Complete 5 successive laps each within quarter of a second of each other

It's the Driver not the Car - Win the Drivers World Championship with two different teams in Career or Co-op

Teamwork - Win the Constructors title in a Co-op Championship

Solid Performance - Score points at every Round of a Career or Co-op Season

10 Online - Win 10 Online Races

35 Online - Win 35 Online Races

Slap on the Wrist - Receive a Drive-through Penalty then go on to win the Race

"To the people who asked about the other achievements (not including the safety car one), and if they were final. Like the safety car achievement, the list still isn't finalised and is subject to further changes. However I would imagine that quite a few of them will remain." Helios, from Codemasters.

Keep in mind that the game is still a work in progress, so the insane AI, penalties, damage etc should be sorted out by release. Also, in a lot of the races the damage is set to off. Oh and finally, there are errors in the achievement list because someone had to type them out.

Edited by Method

F1 2011 Achievements

Have You Considered DIRT 3? - You performed a drift of 10 metres or more

Season Opener - Complete your first Career Race

Pole Position - Take the first Pole Position of your Career

Just The Beginning - Take your first Career Victory

Lightning Fast - Set the Fastest Penalty Free Lap of the Race in any game mode

Sublime Talent - Set the Fastest Lap in ever Session of a Long Race Weekend in any mode

Push The Button - Cleanly Overtake an Opponent While KERS is activated

Winging It - Cleanly Overtake an Opoonent while the Adjustable Rear Wing is activated

Precision Driving - Complete any Race without Colliding with another Car or Object

Constructor's Champion - Win the Constructors' Championship in Career

Drivers World Champion - Win the Drivers' World Championship in Career

On The Bounce - Beat Alberto Ascaris Record fo 9 Successive Career Victories

Do It Yourself - Win a Race in any mode using Manual Gears

They're on which Buttons? - Win a race without activating Kers or Adjustable Rear Wing once

Co-Op Drivers' Champion - Win the Drivers Championship in a Co-op Season

Test Driver - Cover a total of 500 Pracitice miles / 805 kilometres in your Career

Drivers World Championship (Hard) - Win the Drivers World Championship in Career on Hard or Expert Difficulty

Blue Flag - Lap at least 6 other cars during a Race in any game mode

Trophy Collector - Win a Race at each of the 19 Circuits in any game mode

Car Control - Win a Race without any Driver Assists enabled in any game mode

Impeccable Performance - Win a Race from Pole Position in any game mode

Keep your Friends Close - Complete a full Co-op Season

Completionist - Set a Time in all of the Time Attack Scenarios

Opportunist - Perform a Pit-stop during a Safety Car Period

Senna-esque - On lap 1 under heavy rain conditions take the lead after starting no higher than 5th on the grid

Glancing Blow - With Damage on Full make contact with the wall at Monaco and win the Race

Is Jenson going to pass or not? - Win the Turkish Grand Prix driving as Lewis Hamilton

Slingshot - Spend a total of 10 minutes Slipstreaming your opponents in any game mode

On the Podium - In any Race Finish in the top three

Down to the Wire - Take the Lead on the Final Lap of a 20% + distance rate and Win

Keeping it Clean - Finish an online race without making contact with an opponent's car

Robot-like Constency - Complete 5 successive laps each within quarter of a second of each other

It's the Driver not the Car - Win the Drivers World Championship with two different teams in Career or Co-op

Teamwork - Win the Constructors title in a Co-op Championship

Solid Performance - Score points at every Round of a Career or Co-op Season

10 Online - Win 10 Online Races

35 Online - Win 35 Online Races

Slap on the Wrist - Receive a Drive-through Penalty then go on to win the Race

I like that list, plus no stupid rank 50 (aka grinding) achievement!

The achievements look fairly good and challenging agin which is positive.

But on the co-op achievements (especially) win the co-op championship can this be achieveable from 2 different houses, or will it be at one house being split screen?

Also, online they should have 24 players, and be able to go in as a pair and be on the same team, managing pit stops and tyres etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Achievements sound great and easier than F1 2010. I just hope they stay the same and don't add a stupid Level 50 online Achieve and Being able to complete it Expert/Hard will help alot of people out who find it a difficult game.

Can't wait for it.. 2 week holiday just before the game comes out!

Damn I can't wait for this!

I stumbled into this thread and now I have "the thirst." It looks as if looking after your tyres and smoother driving is a lot more emphasised in this game from what I see so far (so I'll be screwed :D)

One question I have regarding the multi-player, is it confirmed 16 people online?

If so I'm wondering how they'll fill the new 4 spaces up.

Win the championship on Hard or Expert difficulty, eh? Well, bring it on, Codies, I've already done it once, I'll be happy to do it again! :nana

Glad to see there's no level 50 achievement this time round. That was a pain in the ass in 2010, with near on everyone thinking it was a demolition derby :mad:

Also, I hope the co-op championship can be done over Live. I know a few friends who may get this game, but I don't think we'd be able to do it all in split-screen! :eek:

Overall, I think it is a decent list. Not much changed from the 2010 list, but you have to accept that with a yearly sport game (I do love some of the achievement names though!).

Win a race at each of the 19 circuits. I see Monaco, Catalyuna and Marina Bay being the last three tracks for a lot of people. Likewise, Melbourne, Montreal, and Monza as being some of the first tracks that people will win at.

Edited by Dragon86

I like this achievement list. Doesn't seem too bad actually. The only "luck" based on is the 5 consistent laps; might prove tricky.

How is that 'luck based'?? It's 100% controlled by the driver. It doesn't say then need to be quick laps by the way. Could park up on the line. then accelearte over for a time. Still be a bit tricky though. 1/4 second isn't really a big time margin, lol.

Hopefully will be able to play a split screen career with a friend but it's not a problem if the game requires 2 consoles though as I know split screen in the likes of Grid and F1 2010 was not possible.

With regard to consistent lap times, most people will obtain it without realising as they progress, I personally go into autopilot after being in a race on a familiar track for a certain amount of laps.

Dev presentation of the game straight from Gamescom:

The more videos of this game I watch, the harder it gets to wait for Sept 22nd. It looks absolutely perfect for my taste and with even more emphasis on simulation!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB4TAaugjfg&feature=player_embedded]F1 2011 Gamescom Pressepreview - YouTube[/ame]