What's happened to the weapons?

spearian

Have Epic applied a nerf to most of the weapons in this game? The last couple of weeks all my guns seam to do far less damage.

The shotgun takes me about 2-3 shots to down someone almost point blank while aiming with the cross hair.

The Lancer takes around three quarters of a clip to down someone.

Retro Lancer charge won't impale the person, just run and bump into them. (Maybe around 1 in 10 charges I'll get an impale)

Ink grenades seam to do nothing for me as the enemy will run through it like nothing has happened.

Frags. I've seen enemies run past planted frags of mine in the kill cam and it hasnt effected them at all.

Sometimes i find my grenades take longer to blow up once I've thrown them.

The only weapon which seams to have it's original power is the flame thrower for me.

Has anyone else come across issues like this or am I just unlucky?

I myself haven't noticed a change in recent weeks.

Gears of war is always inconsistent. I live in the UK and I have to shoot French, German, Polish, Spanish 1 or 2 shots more with the shotty to put them down. Infact the Polish are near on impossible to down.

You must just be getting unlucky connections my man.

I myself haven't noticed a change in recent weeks.

Gears of war is always inconsistent. I live in the UK and I have to shoot French, German, Polish, Spanish 1 or 2 shots more with the shotty to put them down. Infact the Polish are near on impossible to down.

You must just be getting unlucky connections my man.

No, there definantly is something different with the weapons.Even in private games you notice this.I play pretty much every day and am currently weapon grinding.Something seems off with the weapons for sure.

I have noticed it with the gnasher. I shot this bot 3 times with it from 2 feet away without missing and he doesn't go down. I was for sure he would go down on the 3rd shot so I switched to my pistol to finish him off but no, he did not go down and he then shotguns me.:mad:

This is THE exact thing that I've noticed as well.My aim and range were perfect.No bullets were wasted when I shot the guy 3 times(he doesnt even flinch).Three straight shots and he just turns around and one shots me with his GNASHER!Mind you im playing casual bots for weapon boosting.Some things they should have just left alone.

Have Epic applied a nerf to most of the weapons in this game? The last couple of weeks all my guns seam to do far less damage.

The shotgun takes me about 2-3 shots to down someone almost point blank while aiming with the cross hair.

The Lancer takes around three quarters of a clip to down someone.

Retro Lancer charge won't impale the person, just run and bump into them. (Maybe around 1 in 10 charges I'll get an impale)

Ink grenades seam to do nothing for me as the enemy will run through it like nothing has happened.

Frags. I've seen enemies run past planted frags of mine in the kill cam and it hasnt effected them at all.

Sometimes i find my grenades take longer to blow up once I've thrown them.

The only weapon which seams to have it's original power is the flame thrower for me.

Has anyone else come across issues like this or am I just unlucky?

I'll agree with all your points.It"s like playing pool with the retro at times.To me, it seems like you have to start your charge from further back to get an impale.Im grinding my weapons, so trust me Im going to notice subtle changes.

I have noticed the gnasher doesn't seem to kill as quick as before. There's been times when I see someone in cover and they don't notice me come up to them I shoot the with the gnasher they get up and start jumping around to avoid shots, before that would be a straight 1 bullet kill

Retro now needs to be charged from a lot further back to impale, or you'll just hit them and not impale. Before if it didn't impale a tap of the :rtbut:would get them down immediately but not anymore, you need to use nearly half a clip after smashing into them

So yeah, I have noticed the weapons doing a lot less damage, only thing that seems to still be effective is incendiary grenades, they seem to kill a lot faster than before

yes they adjusted the gun stats, you can always play Alpha or Zeta which have different settings too, theres 3 to choose from.

Are there anywhere some starts about weapon strenght in different playstyles?

Alpha and Zeta are OK but they miss the other weapons..

Retro now needs to be charged from a lot further back to impale, or you'll just hit them and not impale. Before if it didn't impale a tap of the :rtbut:would get them down immediately but not anymore, you need to use nearly half a clip after smashing into them

Good! Maybe now we wont see so many noobs exploiting the ridiculous Retro Lancer to get kills on everyone. That thing is seriously overpowered.

they definitely did not stretch the range on the retro charge lol.

just last night i was playing quick match and got charged by someone 5 feet away. I was full health on top of that. he started close enough that he didn't even do the charge scream before i was an accessory on his gun

bitching thread!

Not bitching mate, just making observations that I'm coming across in the game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is noticing these things with the weapons. It would be nice if Epic made announcements when they change a weapon's stats...like the flame thrower. I had no idea about that until a friend of mine told me about it when i was playing online. If he hadn't of told me I'd be none the wiser of the change.

Apart from that weapon everything else seams to vastly weaker in strength.

Last night when i was playing Gears, someone threw an Ink at me. I got the usual stun at first as always but I didn't get any red omen damage indicator at all and I was pretty much in the thick of the ink.

As I said at the top I'm not complaining about the game just pointing out observations that I've come across.

So, the Retro took over the Sawed Off pedestal? :confused:

/S

Yeah, it's easy and fun to outplay sawed off noobs.

Retros down you in seconds and there's usually nothing you can do. Plus the melee is so strong that they bash you once and shoot you once and you're dead.

It's just stupid. I refuse to use it because I myself hate being killed by it. And i'm actually good at the game and can get kills with other rifles ;)

There's no tactics in using the retro. It's the noobiest weapon and doesn't take skill to use. It's overpowered and shouldn't be in the game.

And the Sawed-Off is used only by 12 year olds for easy kills whilst the Gnasher is used solely by Gears pros dating back from Gears 1 exclusively.

Am I on the right track here, or can we please put on a new record.

So, the Retro took over the Sawed Off pedestal? :confused:

/S

Yep.

And the Sawed-Off is used only by 12 year olds for easy kills whilst the Gnasher is used solely by Gears pros dating back from Gears 1 exclusively.

Am I on the right track here, or can we please put on a new record.

The sawed-off is annoying, but its been nerfed alot since the game's come out, and its no way near as bad as it was.

The retro is a joke, its defiently ruined the online to Gears...

Good! Maybe now we wont see so many noobs exploiting the ridiculous Retro Lancer to get kills on everyone. That thing is seriously overpowered.

I hate the retro but I only use it now to onyx it for seriously then I am never using it again, of course I will only revert to it out of frustration if I'm in a game and everyone is just retro charging :D