Fallout 3 Players Dreaming Of Fallout 4

TheGuyWhoDoesStuff

I don't think it's the setting. I just think it's game itself. The story wasn't interesting to me. Skyrim, Oblivion, Dragon Age...all those stories had me hooked. I'm sure it didn't help that people kept telling me how amazing the game was.

Understandable! I'm not here to advertise the game...but I felt the same when playing through the games at first. It took me 4 or 5 hours to enjoy Fallout: New Vegas. As for Fallout 3, I never FULLY enjoyed it...but I was hooked for some reason. Maybe because I was on an Bethesda RPG binge that year: Fallout: New Vegas for 3 months -> right into Fallout 3 for two months -> right into Skyrim for 5 months.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's the setting. I just think it's game itself. The story wasn't interesting to me. Skyrim, Oblivion, Dragon Age...all those stories had me hooked. I'm sure it didn't help that people kept telling me how amazing the game was.

Then why are you in a Fallout thread ? :confused:

:p

Yeah. A New California game would be boss. I'd love DLC released in 4 later that was similar to 3's DLC of trailing to other states like in Fallout 3 you could travel to Louisiana,and Pittsburgh. In Fallout 4 I'd love to be able to travel to Hawaii,Florida,close to New York and New Jersey.

Yeah. A New California game would be boss. I'd love DLC released in 4 later that was similar to 3's DLC of trailing to other states like in Fallout 3 you could travel to Louisiana,and Pittsburgh. In Fallout 4 I'd love to be able to travel to Hawaii,Florida,close to New York and New Jersey.

Dead Money + Old World Blues > any other Fallout DLC.

An expansion in Hawaii? That'd be so out of place I feel like lol. New Jersey? Sure why not, I live here so it'd be interesting to see what they re-create for the game.

An expansion in Hawaii? That'd be so out of place I feel like lol. New Jersey? Sure why not, I live here so it'd be interesting to see what they re-create for the game.

Wow, I never thought I'd see another person who enjoyed Dead Money. Most people seem to detest it, but I enjoyed it! Gold bars!!!

But my absolute favorite Fallout DLC would be a tie between Old World Blues and Point Lookout.

I'd really love to see Fallout taking place in Saint Louis, for the same reasons you have if it took place in Jersey. It would be neat to see what they put in, and how accurate it was.

Also, I'm really hoping for a city-like main area, New York would be the tits! I love building delving.

Wow, I never thought I'd see another person who enjoyed Dead Money. Most people seem to detest it, but I enjoyed it! Gold bars!!!

But my absolute favorite Fallout DLC would be a tie between Old World Blues and Point Lookout.

I'd really love to see Fallout taking place in Saint Louis, for the same reasons you have if it took place in Jersey. It would be neat to see what they put in, and how accurate it was.

Also, I'm really hoping for a city-like main area, New York would be the tits! I love building delving.

I hate to admit it, but the tension one felt in that DLC...damn it was good stuff!

New York would be freakin' great! Last I heard...or read maybe...rumors were that it was going to be in Boston? Which would be pretty sweet!

I think 4 needs to be in a different country.

Russia, perhaps? Maybe that's just the Metro in me talking, tho'...

I hated the faction system,90% of the factions(It was so damn glitchy and for doing one quest killing off 4 guys I had Caesers Legion on my ass the entire first playthrough,they ruined my experiance.)

Yeah, Caesar's Legion hounded me, too. But my followers were ED-E and Boone, so I never had any difficulty with those patrols. Boone despises those guys, saw them coming long before I did and would kill several of them with that long-range rifle of his.

Then ED-E would start pounding on whoever made it close enough while I took potshots in V.A.T.S. They usually had crap loot on them, too...

What destroyed my first playthrough was a glitch that caused the turrets beneath Vault 11 to be linked to the Securitrons at the Lucky 38. I wish I was kidding.

I had circumnavigated the whole map before setting foot on The Strip, so I had already done Vault 11. So when I arrive, the Victor that greets me after passing through the gate tells me that Mr. House wants to see me, but the quest "The House Always Wins" immediately fails.

When I reach the entrance to the Lucky 38, the Victor there is already dead, apparently killed by the locals for having gone apeshit when I destroyed the turrets in Vault 11. As such, when I enter the hotel, every Securitron is immediately hostile including Jane.

This locked me out of several quests, getting the house on The Strip and no way to sell the snowglobes. Which also meant I was going to miss several achievements. Hell, I hadn't even dealt with Benny, yet!

I didn't play the game again for a year.

It was only after meeting Obsidian's head of recruiting on my morning bus (of all places, but you can probably guess why ;)). I didn't know he was with Obsidian til I'd already talked to him a few times, so when I found out, I shook a fist at him. He asked why, and I just said "Fallout: New Vegas". He hung his head and asked me to tell him my sob story. Afterwards he told me to send him a detailed e-mail, which he apparently sent to one of his best friends in programming who basically came to the same conclusion I had:

I was fucked, and I had to restart the game to do that questline.

He softened the blow by giving me codes for Dead Money and Honest Hearts, which was cool because the DLC really flesh out the backstory.

What destroyed my first playthrough was a glitch that caused the turrets beneath Vault 11 to be linked to the Securitrons at the Lucky 38. I wish I was kidding.

I had circumnavigated the whole map before setting foot on The Strip, so I had already done Vault 11. So when I arrive, the Victor that greets me after passing through the gate tells me that Mr. House wants to see me, but the quest "The House Always Wins" immediately fails.

When I reach the entrance to the Lucky 38, the Victor there is already dead, apparently killed by the locals for having gone apeshit when I destroyed the turrets in Vault 11. As such, when I enter the hotel, every Securitron is immediately hostile including Jane.

This locked me out of several quests, getting the house on The Strip and no way to sell the snowglobes. Which also meant I was going to miss several achievements. Hell, I hadn't even dealt with Benny, yet!

I didn't play the game again for a year.

It was only after meeting Obsidian's head of recruiting on my morning bus (of all places, but you can probably guess why ;)). I didn't know he was with Obsidian til I'd already talked to him a few times, so when I found out, I shook a fist at him. He asked why, and I just said "Fallout: New Vegas". He hung his head and asked me to tell him my sob story. Afterwards he told me to send him a detailed e-mail, which he apparently sent to one of his best friends in programming who basically came to the same conclusion I had:

I was fucked, and I had to restart the game to do that questline.

He softened the blow by giving me codes for Dead Money and Honest Hearts, which was cool because the DLC really flesh out the backstory.

That's one hell of a glitch, if you can even call it that at that level. I started having problems with New Vegas about a week into playing it. I quickly finished what I was doing and promptly traded it in, it was pretty bad. I had a ton of freezing and I had to do a lot of screwing around to get out of that arena in the sewer where you'd fight Radscorpions because that was where my save was freezing. Anyway, it was too much and I didn't come back to it until the second or third DLC had come out and started all over and never had issues to that degree again.

I've enjoyed both Fallout games, Skyrim and the little bit of Oblivion I played this generation but they need to get these issues in check for future releases. I had tons of problems with Skyrim freezing too, that seemed to get worse with every add-on they put out. It was infuriating watching a three minute load screen knowing my game was going to freeze over and over.

I've enjoyed both Fallout games, Skyrim and the little bit of Oblivion I played this generation but they need to get these issues in check for future releases. I had tons of problems with Skyrim freezing too, that seemed to get worse with every add-on they put out. It was infuriating watching a three minute load screen knowing my game was going to freeze over and over.

I never had any issues with Skyrim or Fallout 3; but one time my save corrupted and it would load forever to no avail. Stopped playing for a day or two, loaded up a previous save that I made right before the one after it got corrupted. Fallout 3 froze on me one time, but that was it.

Hawaii would be interesting as it's an Island anyway so it would be cool seeing the mutated wild life and the tribal people. Plus mutated Sharks FTW !!

A DLC to Jersey would be cool,I could travel every were easier as it would all be a 5 minute walk ZING (Ok thats mean lol)

New York would be awesome but I bet that from the atomic bombs that Russia and China used New York would be toppled.

If Fallout 4 is set in either New Florida(Mutated Sharks AND Alligators FTW. Mutated Snapping turtles aw yeah.),New California or New New York (Futarama refrence ;) ) then I'd be pretty happy. Heck even if it's set in one the others would be nice DLC

I still think Fallout 4 needs to be in a country other than the United States...

That's one hell of a glitch, if you can even call it that at that level. I started having problems with New Vegas about a week into playing it. I quickly finished what I was doing and promptly traded it in, it was pretty bad. I had a ton of freezing and I had to do a lot of screwing around to get out of that arena in the sewer where you'd fight Radscorpions because that was where my save was freezing. Anyway, it was too much and I didn't come back to it until the second or third DLC had come out and started all over and never had issues to that degree again.

Yeah, after giving them a year to patch it, New Vegas played pretty well my second time around. :D

But while I've had glitched quests, weird graphics shenanigans and other random things, what I've not had much of with Bethesda's games is the freezing issue. I'm not saying the games never froze, but it didn't happen often enough for me to take issue with it.

Maybe I just got lucky...

I actually feel bad for some of you. With the amount of stories I hear about how glitchy Fallout gets when some players play through it...it makes me appreciate my luck.

I can say without stretching the truth that I don't think I experienced more than one MINOR glitch when playing through both games. That's probably why I like the games so much, because my experience was smooth whereas other people had a horrible time playing it with so many bugs.

I think 4 needs to be in a different country.

Russia, perhaps? Maybe that's just the Metro in me talking, tho'...

All rumors are leading to Boston, and I'm pretty sure those rumors will end up being true.

I like DeadSea's idea though...Florida would actually be kinda cool. But there's nothing "landmarked" there that makes it worthy. Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas...well, I don't need to state the obvious in why those settings were chosen.

Edited by BiggD

All rumors are leading to Boston, and I'm pretty sure those rumors will end up being true.

I've heard that, too, but I think Boston and DC are fairly similar and might be a bit samey...

I like DeadSea's idea though...Florida would actually be kinda cool. But there's nothing "landmarked" there that makes it worthy.

Are you kidding? :D

There are at least 1 or 2 amusement parks I'd like to see the ruins of, not to mention whatever might be hanging out in the Everglades and tucked away on all the Key Islands.

I've heard that, too, but I think Boston and DC are fairly similar and might be a bit samey...

Are you kidding? :D

There are at least 1 or 2 amusement parks I'd like to see the ruins of, not to mention whatever might be hanging out in the Everglades and tucked away on all the Key Islands.

They are somewhat similar, but it wouldn't be too bad for Boston to end up being the actual location. And I know, I know. But still, I feel like there's more interesting places within the U.S. that could be the setting for Fallout 4 rather than Florida :p

I really can't wait for Fallout 4 when it eventually comes. I think it's a safe bet that it will be next gen now. Sadly I can't see it happening soon as I suspect that The Elder Scrolls Online will take up the developers time for the immediate future.

Not really...TESO is made by an entirely different and NEW studio (Zenimax Online Studios) built strictly for that game alone. Fallout and regular Elder Scrolls games are made by Bethesda Game Studios.

Some people really do need to do their homework ;)

Edited by BiggD

The problem with these games and so many others now really, is despite it's location, it all just ends up being another desaturated brown and grey rubble town or desert. Developers really overdid rubble towns and deserts this generation. Every Call of Duty, Fallout, the first Borderlands, Rage, The Last of Us, etc. I could go on all day. It might be easier to list the games that didn't do this. That's why games like Far Cry 3, Dead Island and Enslaved were somewhat refreshing and even Gears of War 3 which was brightened up compared to the first two games.

So basically, you need the landmarks or you end up with nothing. They could do Florida but that will end up looking like Dead Island. Disney World would be cool but they're never getting the rights to do that. So maybe they make their own "Disney World" for the game. That ends up being uninteresting compared to the real world locations we've already seen and it's not as good. China would make sense but since the majority of the game's audience are western folks that could fall a flat too.

The problem with these games and so many others now really, is despite it's location, it all just ends up being another desaturated brown and grey rubble town or desert. Developers really overdid rubble towns and deserts this generation. Every Call of Duty, Fallout, the first Borderlands, Rage, The Last of Us, etc. I could go on all day. It might be easier to list the games that didn't do this. That's why games like Far Cry 3, Dead Island and Enslaved were somewhat refreshing and even Gears of War 3 which was brightened up compared to the first two games.

So basically, you need the landmarks or you end up with nothing. They could do Florida but that will end up looking like Dead Island. Disney World would be cool but they're never getting the rights to do that. So maybe they make their own "Disney World" for the game. That ends up being uninteresting compared to the real world locations we've already seen and it's not as good. China would make sense but since the majority of the game's audience are western folks that could fall a flat too.

Never thought of it this way. In retrospect, I guess that's why Far Cry and company were such a thrill to play...since they were beautifully bright and vivid.

I guess there's just no "one good place" that could be the setting for the next game. You're right...no matter what happens, it'll consist of grey and brown dilapidated buildings, rubble, and junk. But then if they do something bright like an island, it'll feel too familiar to what we already have played.

Ahh, who knows. Maybe since it'll be a while before it's out, they can really flesh out the world the game takes place in and add more color without it losing its post apocalyptic feeling. Random, but how about some place snowy? Colordo, Russia, Alaska?!

I don't know if its just me but I have loved Fallout 3 forever and I have been playing it for so long it every time I play I find something new it the more I play it starts to get a little drab and boring so I have two questions.

1. Does anyone know of a website devoted to Fallout 4 info?

2. Does anyone have any fun challenges that I can use to play Fallout 3?

Literally guys throw some ideas at me I don't care. You can give me restrictions or choose what my Skills and Perks are my karma anything but I get to choose what difficulty I play on (I usually play on normal but may play on hard or very hard depending on the request). Thx for any suggestions.

PS

I would have put this in the Fallout 3 fourm but not enough people frequented that page.:drunk

I played on the hard level and chose melee and unarmed oriented perks and skills to switch it up a bit and make things more interesting. I finally stopped playing though due to the game freezing so much. I was playing Fallout 3 and got to a point where I simply could not proceed any more. It was strange because it happened on my fourth playthrough. I still don't get it because I can go to rivet city playing my other characters but not this last one I created. I do look forward to fallout 4 coming out. I read that the Boston setting rumour was completely made up and untrue. I would like to see it set in california where a lot of things took place with the brotherhood of steel and the formation of the NCR. Maybe a prequel to New vegas?

That's what I've been saying! :D

Alright, alright. We're on the same page now :p

What, are you kidding me?

"Fallout 4: Tattered Black Flag" will allow players to swashbuckle their ways across the acidic and poisoned oceans of post-apocalyptic Earth in an all new Fallout Pirating Adventure!

LMFAO

Roflmao. Love it!

Can't wait for this Game. Didn't the Gnr radio guy post a "tweet" some time ago..?

Yeah, he said something like, "back at work on 3-Dog!" or something rumorish/leakish like that.