Non-removable Quest Items

Nevander

UPDATE 1: I will be working on this thread more in the coming weeks, so bear with me for not updating it.

I figured I would start a thread similar to the one I made for F:NV a while ago, so here it is.

This thread is dedicated to listing ALL quest items which CANNOT be removed from your inventory by your own doing.

So to start off, I will list the ones I have in alphabetical order and we will continue to add from there. Please someone keep bumping this or get this stickied or added to list of guides or something. This will be a good resource if we can get it moving.

Here is the list:

Attunement Sphere - given to you by Septimus for the Oghma Infinium quest, how to get rid of unknown.

Elder Scroll - retrieved while going for the Oghma Infinium AND the main quest, can be sold to an Orc inside the College of Winterhold for 2000 gold once you don't need it in the main quest.

Red Eagle's Fury - enchanted ancient Nord sword, found on the body of a Forsworn Briar-Heart near Sundered Towers, how to get rid of unknown.

Edited by Nevander

Not sure if it's unknown, but I picked up some alchemy equipment without getting a quest, and I can't remove it. I'll post the name later.

Habd's remains - you need to burn them at the top of the lighthouse, I had to google this just now.

Giant's Toe, Alto Wine - these randomly became a quest item a couple days ago and I can't remove them. (EDIT: Apparently these are for A Night to Remember, which I just picked up)

Edited by Shadow XBL

Finn's Lute - Found in a chest in Stony Creek Cave. I took it to the Bard's College and gave it to Inge Six Fingers. When I give it to her, It says it's been removed, but when I check my inventory, it's still there.

In addition to Finn's Lute, i'm stuck with Pantea's Flute and Rjorn's Drum. The flute and drum quests have both been removed from the Misc quest list but Finn's Lute is still there :confused:

Dravin's Bow (find it funny I can upgrade it though) , Galluss's encoded journal weylin's note (due to quest glitch, have to hold onto it until patched)

Why was able to sell my thief armor to Tonilia since it was a crucial part of the quest/achievemennt....but I can't put a damned note in my chect? pfft.

In addition to Finn's Lute, i'm stuck with Pantea's Flute and Rjorn's Drum. The flute and drum quests have both been removed from the Misc quest list but Finn's Lute is still there :confused:

Do you know how to activate the quest for Rjorn's Drum? I found it randomly and I can't get of it. I didn't even know it was for a quest.

Do you know how to activate the quest for Rjorn's Drum? I found it randomly and I can't get of it. I didn't even know it was for a quest.

You have to speak with Giraud Gemane in the Bards College after you've completed Tending The Flames. Complete this and you'll receive +1 in Smithing, Block, One-Handed, Heavy Armour, Two Handed & Archery.

Pro tip: If you don't feel like doing the quest to upgrade the Red Fury and have the cash/quest requirements out of the way on the Solitude house, you can put it in a weapon rack.

Elder Scroll sells to the guy who you ask about it from the college during the quest.

Some seem to be bugged, like the journal from the thief quest line and the lute, where you pass the point of them being used (turn in the lute, have the guy decode it and move on with quest) and they still keep their flag for quest items.

The most annoying have to be the ones from a night to remember, as if you've got a ton of alchemy materials you've likely got some giant toes... which weigh in at 1 a piece, and you can't drop them/use them in potions until you've finished the quest.

Dravin's Bow (find it funny I can upgrade it though) , Galluss's encoded journal weylin's note (due to quest glitch, have to hold onto it until patched)

Why was able to sell my thief armor to Tonilia since it was a crucial part of the quest/achievemennt....but I can't put a damned note in my chect? pfft.

Take the bow to Dravin at the farm outside Riften across from the stables

For some reason I have two amulet of talos and I cant store or get rid of either of them.

Same here. Have a few other things I'm not sure what quest they are for, one I can think of offhand is someone's alembic. I grabbed it thinking for a second maybe I stumbled onto some portable alchemy equipment like in Oblivion, but nope, should have known better!

i wish there was a category for Quest Items

That would be awesome.

I mean the stones only weigh 1/2 lb. But it is still annoying that you cannot at least place them in a container inside you home. Also there are a few books you get from a couple of the Guild quest lines that you have to keep with you.

• 2 weeks later...
For some reason I have two amulet of talos and I cant store or get rid of either of them.

have to finish the quest. I have the same issue:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Amulet_of_Talos

Same here. Have a few other things I'm not sure what quest they are for, one I can think of offhand is someone's alembic. I grabbed it thinking for a second maybe I stumbled onto some portable alchemy equipment like in Oblivion, but nope, should have known better!

Tophir's (sp?) - he's the main dude in the college. Just give it to him.

i have stuck in my inventory after completing the quest:

Gallus's encoded journal

Rjorn's drum

Pantea's flute

Finn's Lute

Attunement sphere (although this is still used to open passages to Blackreach)

I also have Arcana Restored (quest is glitched so I can't proceed)

I have gotten rid of by completing the associated quest:

Unusual Gem/Stone(s) of Barenziah

Dravin's bow

Grimsever

Red Eagle's Fury

Elder Scroll

Amulet of Talos

Giants toe/Alto wine

Various journals, notes and letters

more I'm not recalling