XBA Orientation: A guide to help you with our website!

Creech

why can't i display a profile picture? it's showing up on my profile page, and its within the required limits (image is 80x80 and 2.5kb), but when i post on the forums, its not there.

any clues?

Perhaps deleting the image and re-uploading it will help? That is an odd issue really. Let me know if you've tried this. If you've fixed it, share what you did for those who may have the same issue.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean an avatar, right?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar

That's where you need to upload/link the image to.

bingo! man, am i a total dumbass for not realising that.

cheers for the pointers both! :)

EDIT - what or where is the profile then? where does the picture for that go?

Edited by UberPirateNinja

gotcha. one more question! what's the picture towards the upper left of the screen then? underneath the x360a logo? it's just a blue background, with a darker blue shadow of what looks like an avatar.

i've been using this site for several years now, but have only recently got round to this sort of thing.

cheers again! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad it was able to help you guys out! Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Can anybody advise me how do update my games / gamerscore? I've had this account for a while but haven't used it since i made it so the gamerscore is like 8 months out of date.

I would like to know this info too...

First off, sorry it has taken me so long to respond! It's been crazy busy lately. My wife and I just bought a house so I've been up to my eyeballs in moving boxes and getting situated at our new place.

The doesn't doesn't automatically update your games / gamerscore. This is something you will need to do yourselves. For information on how to do so, check out the link here.

Edited by Ingles

• 3 weeks later...

So I actually have made those five posts - spam-free of course - my profile even shows my gamertag and 360live avatar! It says link from xbox360.com, still i don't seem to be able to edit my profile by following the links on the HOW TO- thread!!

Also, it says three posts instead of five! Is it taking a while to, like, verify my posts or activate my account? I AM able to post obviously, so...

Little help please!! :locked

Also, it says three posts instead of five! Is it taking a while to, like, verify my posts or activate my account? I AM able to post obviously, so...

Little help please!! :locked

Posts in certain forums don't count towards your total. Member Profiles is one of them. Just go make a few more somewhere else and you'll be golden.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Ingles! You helped me out a lot! Very confused/frustrated on how to link my GT to my account...

You can link your gamertag to your X360A profile in the profile editing screen, which can be reached via the user CP but unfortunately the images under your avatar are currently broken on the website.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...