Finally clarifacation on switching difficulties on the last battle!

CRAPYKAUH

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

this still works ? i just wanted to make sure even though he ^^^ just said it did but i couldve sworn this was patched... i will try this as soon as my bioshock copy gets returned ;) lol... just btw how esy is a runthrough on easy diff. anyway? i played on medium with vita chambers but without has to make some difficulty doesnt it? :confused:

this still works ? i just wanted to make sure even though he ^^^ just said it did but i couldve sworn this was patched... i will try this as soon as my bioshock copy gets returned ;) lol... just btw how esy is a runthrough on easy diff. anyway? i played on medium with vita chambers but without has to make some difficulty doesnt it? :confused:

Like I said I got it two weeks ago or the likes and it worked perfectly for me. Easy difficulty is so easy that having Vita-Chambers on or off really won't make any difference. I beat that difficulty as a second run through and I went through the entire game as fast as possible without ever having a single time of actually getting close to someone killing me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just encountered this thread a few days ago and switched a "Hard" difficulty game to "Easy" Difficulty at around Neptune's Landing (making sure to keep the save before I switched difficulties).

I've played through most of the game and am near the end, however I wanted to know if anyone knows whether you must start with an "Easy" or "Medium" difficulty and play all the way through and switch at the end... or if switching from a higher difficultly to a lower difficultly will prevent this bug from occuring?

I'm just trying to determine if I need to make another play-through on easy or to complete that play-through on hard or if this bug will still work for me. Thanks.

Thanks alot worked perfectly for me although this is a really awesome game it was good for this trick. Also as a side note, I paused right before the fourth injection when I was standing right in front of his body, went left to hard and accidentally went left again to medium than went right to hard again, and it worked fine so as stated in the Original Post the key must be to hit start.

Just a heads up. If you change difficulty before the end you will not get brass balls or Seriously good at this.

I had turned off Vital Chambers and started off on Hard.

After 2nd level i switched to Easy, and caried on.

Tried following the post when got to end but does work.

So basicly, u can only switch difficulty once, so START on Easy, then switch at the end.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure you don't have any saves that you died with the vitachambers turned on. I played through 2 new games before finally starting a third game on my usb drive when I got it to work. Also, you may have to beat it on easy and then reload the fontain save. My second playthrough I switched it to hard at the 4th adam vial before killing him and reloading. I don't know if that is why it messed up or not but thats what happend to me. I know this has probably been said but I just did it and wanted to put it on the last page.

just finished the games yesterday. was planning on 2 run throughs, one for collecting and completionist reasons, and then the Brass Balls run...and part way through my playthrough, i found this thread. i used the method of press "A" (for the final Adam stab), then immediately press "Start", change difficulty, press "START" to resume game. it worked! i liked this game and may come back to it later to do a legit run for challenge and enjoyment, but i am currently backlogged on a bunch of games so it was nice to get this out of the way. thanks guys!

The most important thing to note is to check that you have the Vita Chamber option in the options list. Doesnt matter whether its on or off, just make sure you dont have the dlc glitched on you. Just spent two hours with glitched dlc trying this glitch, and finally got it to work now because my dlc was glitched i.e. no vita chamber option. Got the vita chamber option by redownloading the dlc with a second silver account. Glitch worked first try.

Brass Balls 100g, 1100/1100.

• 2 weeks later...
I dont wanna run through the game again and cock it up, so would someone please just lay down what you have to do step by step please?

When I tried this a year ago I didnt get it, and I got the game again just to do this....:eek:

1: Make sure you DLC is working properly. I.e, make sure the "Turn Vita Chambers On/Off" option is in your options, if it isn't, you will need to re-download it from another account on the same xbox. Related thread.

2: Start the game on easy, and turn the Vita chambers off. If you use one, it will ruin that playthrough for getting Brass Balls. Obviously, get to the very end of the game.

3: Save before the final boss battle. Then, beat him like normal up to the final Adam taking. When you walk up to him and get the option to "Press A", this is where the trick comes in.

-Immediatly after pressing A, press start.

-Go to the options, and head down to the difficulty.

-Press left to change it to Hard, then press start to get out of the menu, not B.

-Watch the movie, and as it starts the non-ingame movie you should get the achievements.

I just did this about 10mins ago, you can look at my account to see, so it still works.