PS3 Achievements

antnie

It'll be called Home and Sony has Trophies and other Unlockables to be displayed in your crib. So in many aspects, Home is like your Gamertag. You can invite Friends to your house and they can view your Accomplishments. There are even rumors where you can wear a Shirt on the virtual you and showoff to other members what you've accomplished.

If you play uncharted, that's a pretty good preview of Sony's reward/achievement system. It's a list of tasks to complete in game just like things you'd do for achievements, and it totals 1000 points. And then of course it'll probably be integrated into home where you'll have the trophy's to show off as well.

It works very very well in uncharted. And it succeds in doing for PS3 games what achievements have done for 360 games, it gives it more replay, at least it does for uncharted. You actually want to play more than once. And once home launches and you have the trophy's to go along with it all, that will be quite cool! With the in game 1000 point score, and the trophy's, it might just give the achievements system quite a run for it's money.

Wow Sony pretty much admits defeat by copying. Trophies in your house? This sounds really dumb! Why would I want to walk around a house to view accomplishments. I would much rather do it the quick list way. How many people will actually want to come to your "home lobby" place to view your stuff. It is a lot easier to compare achievements right there by hitting one button. Also, so far style wise, I don't like how the playstation is set up. It's really weird too because I had always loved playstation. I really think it's ironic that Uncharted has 1000 points in it. No other game to give those "trophies" until a few months? I duno, seems like a horrible pain, honestly. If I had gotten 200 achievements total, would that mean 200 trophies? Thats a lot of info to sort. Anyways, PS3 possibly getting an achievement/type system, will do them no good. I think people that love achievements will still buy the 360 versions.

I don't think you really get what it is. It's actually quite fantastic and definitely trumps the 360 system by a simple number. The trophies look great. Here's a video:

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=lphNGDN7bvU]YouTube - PS3 Home - Hall of Fame[/ame]

It may seem slow to go through it all but it isn't. It's almost exactly the same as the 360s speed. You click and see all the game art boxes. Then you click on the art box and those are the trophies you have earned for that particular game.

The whole concept of Home is looking good. Alot of people are putting it down or saying how it sucks. Or how it copys the 360 achievements. Trophys, achievements whatever you call it everyone like to see a reward for a job well done. I like how they made it like a sims game, hey Jdm, when I get this I'll invite you to a BBQ in Home.

^^^I'll bring the a case of Beer and my Xbox 360.:eek: I wonder if we can draw pictures on Home. That would be sweet! I would seriously draw up a 360.:p

*Whispers to Camouflage* Let's not invite Perpetual(PH7). He's a Party-Pooper.:p

Draw up a 360, too funny dude.:drunk In the forum theres a link to a 360 game called Etch A Sketch thats coming out for the 360, I wonder if Sony will copy that too, and we could digitally just draw on that.;)

HEY! What's this non-sense? Not invite me! Well I would make a video clip of me stabbing you in the eye through drawings! Ha in your face!

But yeah in Home, you can have portraits up of miniature video clips you've uploaded yourself. So for example, if I recorded myself drawing a portrait of your funny looking face JDM, then I could upload it and make it a portrait. People can walk up to it and watch it. It would be on constant replay OR people can come watch it in the home theater on the big screen. Very nice!

HEY! What's this non-sense? Not invite me! Well I would make a video clip of me stabbing you in the eye through drawings! Ha in your face!

But yeah in Home, you can have portraits up of miniature video clips you've uploaded yourself. So for example, if I recorded myself drawing a portrait of your funny looking face JDM, then I could upload it and make it a portrait. People can walk up to it and watch it. It would be on constant replay OR people can come watch it in the home theater on the big screen. Very nice!

I may have a "Funny Looking" face, but you best to get my pimping @$$ hair right!

Still...you're not invited to the BBQ.:p

The trophy room (or whatever that room at the end was) kinda reminds me of the place where the Senate meets in Star Wars.

One thing I'm curious about though--are these trophies assigned certain values (like GS points) and will your tag or whatever have a points total that will be readily accessible? Seems like a good idea, but it would really be lacking if you couldn't just glance and get an actual number like you can with someone's Gamerscore on the 360.

One thing I'm curious about though--are these trophies assigned certain values (like GS points) and will your tag or whatever have a points total that will be readily accessible? Seems like a good idea, but it would really be lacking if you couldn't just glance and get an actual number like you can with someone's Gamerscore on the 360.

I also wonder that. If so i may get myself one when home does come out.

The trophy room (or whatever that room at the end was) kinda reminds me of the place where the Senate meets in Star Wars.

No, I don't believe there is an assigned number at all besides your tag. I believe you can view how many trophies someone may have but it's like a gamercard where you see "Perpetualheaven - 63,XXX"

lol, ps3 here on the xbox forum what a shame XD. A friend of me bought a ps3 he is sittin' home all day playing "resistance" or something and he say LOL! ps3 own 360. 360 is for noobs who dont know what fps is. Then i asked him : does halo or gears of war or bioshock or anny of this games came out on ps3? then he didnt talked to me on a month.

Im sorry? Is it me or did that make no sense to anyone..

Im looking forward to home's release, should be an innovative thing and should make the PS3 more interesting.

Resistance online is good cuase if you reach certain marks you get rewarded a medal for your stats ie 100 kills with shotgun , 10 kills without dying

but it does not feel the same as when you get that on gow the achievement pop up msg is just sooo coool :)

i cant wait for home though it just like going be a huge online version of the sims lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel like this is Sony taking bits and pieces from Nintendo and Microsoft. Im no fanboy so please don't try and put that on me, but this whole trophy room thing is an exact replication of Microsoft's achievements system and the whole home thing where you have your own character that you can create reminds me a lot of the Wii's mii system....just throwing it out there

I feel like this is Sony taking bits and pieces from Nintendo and Microsoft. Im no fanboy so please don't try and put that on me, but this whole trophy room thing is an exact replication of Microsoft's achievements system and the whole home thing where you have your own character that you can create reminds me a lot of the Wii's mii system....just throwing it out there

Well, if it's like that then the home button was stolen from the PSP, achievement system was done by EA games long long ago, the HDD was actually first done on the PS2 (FFXI came with an HDD), and the list can go on. Honestly, there's no real thing called originality. Everything has been done at one point or another and PC has basically done everything.

Besides, that's the entire point of this. You take something and improve upon it. Why settle for a number when you have a trophy? Same deal as.. would you rather have a ribbon or a medal? Really, what is an original idea? People are just very uniformed in the gaming world so that's why they see something as "stealing". This is business. There is no stealing. Everything is fair game. You produce something, you better damn make sure that it's the best off the bat or someone is going to take it and make it better.

And to be quite honest, it's nothing like the things you mention. If your knowledge of home is extremely basic, then it may seem like they're stealing but it isn't. Home is more of like the Sims but blown to massive proportions.

I can't say it's anything like Mii because then Mii stole it from someone else. It's something that has been done for a long time. Ditto with Trophies. It's nothing like achievements whatsoever. Home is more complex then just simplistic ideas Nintendo and Microsoft have thrown together.

You can arrange your most important trophies in cases and have a picture frame by them showing how you earned said trophy. You can post frames everywhere showing videos of whatever you want. You can sit in a theater with your friends and show them movies you have. It's not as something as simple as he stole that from him.