This this WHOLE game kinect? or can you play it without kinect?

eddywatson

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's all kinect, but you're not missing out on much as this isn't a real sequel. Just a spin-off. I've heard rumors of Fable 4 being in the works as well. Though with Peter Molyneux gone, it's questionable how far this series will go. It could go either way. I'm hoping for an improvement. Each Fable game has been getting gradually worse from it's predecessor. It's time to make some changes to the series.

• 1 month later...

Fable: The Journey.

1: Kinect Required - What that means, You eliminate roughly 50% of your audience.

2: Not an actual sequel - What that means, You once again eliminate roughly 50% of your audience.

3: The game since being Kinect enabled, Puts you into the first person perspective - What that means, The elimination of costumes and customization of looks (that you can actually see), Which once again you will lose roughly 50% of your audience because that has been a staple for the ENTIRE series.

4: The constant decrease in quality of the series as a whole, This looks horrible, Looks like it plays horrible, and removes virtually all elements of what made the game great in the first place, Thus failure is quite possibly the only outcome.

• 3 months later...

1: Kinect Required - What that means, You eliminate roughly 50% of your audience.

2: Not an actual sequel - What that means, You once again eliminate roughly 50% of your audience.

3: The game since being Kinect enabled, Puts you into the first person perspective - What that means, The elimination of costumes and customization of looks (that you can actually see), Which once again you will lose roughly 50% of your audience because that has been a staple for the ENTIRE series.

Does that mean they've lost 150% of the audience. So not only everyone who played the others but 50% of people who may still buy a fable game! ;)

Does anyone know/have links to what you need to be able to do to play using Kinect? E.g. is it just waving arms or does it include standing and walking?

I've got nerve problems in my legs; I can use my hands and arms to play fine, but standing and moving my whole body around is more difficult. (So, yes, buying a Kinect wasn't the smartest move on my part, but nm...)

I'm dubious about this game but certainly won't be preordering if I'm not going to be able to play it at all!

EDIT: Sounds like it will be playable from sitting down. http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/30/3278853/fable-the-journey-kinect-gameplay-preview

Edited by RhiN85
Grammar and new info

• 4 weeks later...
Does that mean they've lost 150% of the audience. So not only everyone who played the others but 50% of people who may still buy a fable game! ;)

Technical it not 150% of the audience just 87.5% of the audience

50% of 100 is 50

50% of 50 is 25

50% of the remaining 25 is 12.5

so only 12.5% left of the audience. That sucks

• 3 weeks later...

so this mean your saying this game will roughly have 12.5% of people playing it compared to fable 3 and fable 3 didnt even have a million units sold...

Does anyone know/have links to what you need to be able to do to play using Kinect? E.g. is it just waving arms or does it include standing and walking?

I've got nerve problems in my legs; I can use my hands and arms to play fine, but standing and moving my whole body around is more difficult. (So, yes, buying a Kinect wasn't the smartest move on my part, but nm...)

I'm dubious about this game but certainly won't be preordering if I'm not going to be able to play it at all!

EDIT: Sounds like it will be playable from sitting down. http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/30/3278853/fable-the-journey-kinect-gameplay-preview

You're correct, the entire game is from the sitting position, which is not entirely a bad thing, especially if your normal daily activities are more demanding, its nice to play kinect but still relax

• 5 weeks later...