Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the pigeons ach. sucks in this game. its cool that u have to shoot them, but maybe one of the most frustrating things i've ever experienced in gaming. It's dumb that shooting 1 effen pigeon can result in a four star wanted level or my getting busted and losing 20,000+ dollars and everyone of my weapons with recently purchased full ammo for each and 25 grenades at 100 a pop. It should NOT be that much comotion for 1 shot of a gun. I understand the choas but unlees I SHOOT SOMEONE OR SOMETHING IMPORTANT, I shouldn't have to go thru that much hastle for effen pigeons.

dont get arrested by the cops

and if there is some incredible way to go to a four star wanted level by firing one bullet, then just kill yourself if you feel the cops are about the arrest you, that way you dont get fined as much and you get to keep all your weapons after coming out of the hospital

and btw i find it better to use a SMG rather than a pistol because SMG's are quieter than pistols and less likely to attract attention, its a shame that they took out the silenced pistol from san andreas, that would have made things eaisier.

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to set up a boosting party to get these achievements?

Join The Midnight Club, Taking It For The Team, Top The Midnight Club

I'm wondering about this too, sorry for sounding like the biggest noob, but I just started GTAIV multiplayer a day ago and always thought that it was not possible to play ranked games with friends...

now I read this on another page:

How do I play ranked games with my friends?

When you select 'multiplayer' on the phone, click 'party mode'. Then it should load you on the map. Then invite the people you want in your game. Now all you have to do is go to phone and hit ranked, then the game mode you want.

does this work on XBL??? i don't have anyone to try it out with atm., but if it works then one of my friends will surely buy the game just so we can play together.

Ok, I have all of the Single Player achievements except for Liberty Minute now my question is if you pause the game and dont come back for like 15 minutes does that count towards the 30 hour mark?

EDIT: Nevermind I tested it out and it shows the date,time, and money and the time doesnt move

Edited by IXI Icetray IXI

Are there any achievements that are impossible after completing story mode? I've mostly been doing side mission stuff but I've been itching to jump back into the story. I'm worried some are missable like the wanted missions or Stevie's text messages.

No, Stevies text messages stay there until you decide to do them, so have some fun, relax and enjoy the story mode:)

Im confused. The achievement "Taking it for the Team" requires you to win; Team Deathmatch, Team Mafia Work, Team Car Jack City, Turf War and Cops & Crooks (as both sides in the same game) right? Well I checked on the leaderboards and all games modes say I have a win for each, but no achievement. Can anyone help?

By the way I've won Cops & Crooks on both; All for One & One for All.

Thanks in advance.

what is the best way for a friend and I to try to be in the same room to get the racing achivements???? is it just luck or what, we were in the same party but it seems to be extremely random if we get in the same room together. we want to start the races with just the two of us. ANY HELP OR TIPS ON HOW TO DO THIS????

Are there any achievements that are impossible after completing story mode? I've mostly been doing side mission stuff but I've been itching to jump back into the story. I'm worried some are missable like the wanted missions or Stevie's text messages.

The only missable ones are Liberty City Minute and Driving Mr. Bellic.

For some reason, I am unable to check off any of the 'TLAD' achievements on my lists. I'm able to tick off the GTA4 ones, but none of the expansion ones.

Searched the forums but am unable to find anyone else with the same problem or a way to tick them off. Any suggestions? :(

When new DLC achievements are added, you have to delete the game from your checklists and then add it again. They should work once you do this.

what is the best way for a friend and i to try to be in the same room to get the racing achivements???? Is it just luck or what, we were in the same party but it seems to be extremely random if we get in the same room together. We want to start the races with just the two of us. Any help or tips on how to do this????
i have same prob. I got 2 xbox 360 1 mine 1 me ladys and i find that i have to get her in fist then get me in when shes in. And do it when its quiat and not meney people on. I spend hours doing it just for 1 race also i think its coz ya frinds i did it with this lad hew wasent my frind and we cept getting in together its a strang game

Sorry if this has been asked in this thread already, and I have already quick searched the thread to see and came up with nothing, so, I'm FINALLY doing multiplayer in this game, and I'm slowly doing the list for Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, and both people quit out as I was winning at Mafiya Work. Do I get the win? It says that the game will not count towards my TrueSkill rank. I'm not sure if that means that although I won, it doesn't get counted, or neither.

Any help? Again sorry if this has been asked.

Sorry if this has been asked in this thread already, and I have already quick searched the thread to see and came up with nothing, so, I'm FINALLY doing multiplayer in this game, and I'm slowly doing the list for Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, and both people quit out as I was winning at Mafiya Work. Do I get the win? It says that the game will not count towards my TrueSkill rank. I'm not sure if that means that although I won, it doesn't get counted, or neither.

Any help? Again sorry if this has been asked.

If any players disconnect at any point in time during any match it will not count. You may get the money for it but if you go to the leaderboards you will see that it doesn't show that race or match.

after finishing all the stunt jumps off a few minutes ago i thought that shud of taken me to 100% and given me the key to the city achievement but its saying ive done 99.50%. so i checked what you need in order to get 100% and heres my stats..

do i need the liberty city 5 achievement in order to unlock the key to the city?

Story Missions-60%

ive completed all missions.

Procedual Missions-8%

ive done all jacobs package deliveries, got the 10 cars for brucie, done all the assassinations. ive won 20 races,

South Broker wins 2

Airport wins 1

Dukes Boulevard wins 3

South Algonquin wins 1

Star Junction wins 2

Road To Bohan wins 2

North Alderney wins 3

Elevated Wins 2

South Alderney wins 4 (as far as i know i only need to win each race once???)

Car Thefts-2%

delivered all 30 cars to stevie

Friends-10%

ive unlocked brucies heli service, packies bomb planting and jacobs guns atleast once like it states and ive beaten these 3 at all their available activites atleast once.

Games-5%

ive beaten a friend at bowling, pool and darts aswell as setting a high score on QUBED

Random Characters-5%

ive met in total 11 random characters & done there side missions.

Most Wanted-2.5% done all of these and have the achievement for it

Vigalante-2.5% done all these and have the achievement for it

Flying Rats-2.5% killed 200 pidgeons

Stunt Jumps-2.5% done all 50 jumps

if anyone knows what i might be missing please help me, ive put alot of time and effort into this and i cannot think of anything ive missed out. do i need to do all activities with dwayne? hes the only other person i have as a friend but ive not read anything about him being included towards 100% completion.